Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5161 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

They should do both but maybe the email is only for RZ members. It is definitely on the receipt though.

Yea newbie fucked up the transaction even after being asked by the guy in front of me and then me he still says yes it's going to be emailed

#5162 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

For some reason I feel like they did this to me on purpose because I flipped like 10 games a couple weeks ago at that store once ever, and when I did, she was the one who was doing trade ins that day and she was sort of giving me a mean look and an angry toned voice. So I think she saw my name on the store pick up papers and just said "oh hey it's that guy that flipped those games that one time, I'll just give him this really shitty box" I say this because all the other xboxs were in mint condition, at least from what I could tell

#5163 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Oh I forgot to say in my above post that when she said that she couldn't look up .com orders, she meant for ppl who only bought the game so she ended up pulling up my Xbox bundle when i was finally able to talk to her at the register

Nobody likes to deal with that. Go back tomorrow for the swap and then send a letter to corp about the hassle. That should be good for some gc's or rz points.

#5164 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

Was my 2nd ever BB midnight release tonight.. Glad to see they still haven't figured this shit out... They do a walk-in line, a online PO line and a in-store PO line. The walk-ins get their games and leave while the other lines stand still. I'll never preorder in-store again, you gotta show id, give blood sample, get 2 other cashiers to show you how to refund the $5 from PO to pickup and scan my card 12 times. LOL The online PO line was pretty much just as bad though it was barely moving faster...

I usually just pre-order online and pick up in store the morning of release day, it's always ready show my CC flash id and leave... Oh well got my $20 and a couple goofy Halo stickers, they kept everything else for themselves from what i've seen on other forums.. It was kinda funny the guy was like heheh here check these out hehe vote Halo!

EDIT: Yea i'm lieing i'll pre-order in store again and again to get the freebies like the GTA:V poster lol

AND WHY would you take that system with the box destroyed??? My store I didn't see anyone buy one, they had literally 12 piled out a table up front and controllers etc. I saw 1 controller bought and the rest was straight games in and out unless all those walk-in customers bought systems.

#5165 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Maybe you should pre-order one from amazon just to be safe. Only 5 left from amazon as I write this.

Edit: amazon added 500 more.

I will do that tomorrow for sure if I can't find one tomorrow since I payed it all with store credit. I'll just buy those amazon cards they sell, illjust be a bit dissapointed as I really wanted that $20 gift card and that $20 RZ cert. that would have made the console basically $310

#5166 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Nobody likes to deal with that. Go back tomorrow for the swap and then send a letter to corp about the hassle. That should be good for some gc's or rz points.

Yeah I'll definately be calling corp, right after I see if they have some more consoles first thing in the morn.

#5167 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Anybody wants the female FOTUS avatar and CRAWLER avatar item PM me

#5168 neworleans7

neworleans7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

No Wii U games on the $20 RZ Cert list? That sucks. Lol

#5169 vince726

vince726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

I was in Best buy yesterday to preorder Call of Duty and I did not see that I would get a $20.00 Rewards certificate.

#5170 kingofk1ngs

kingofk1ngs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Still haven't gotten an email for my in store pickup of Halo. Will i have a problem if i just go to the store when it opens with my preorder confirmation?

#5171 SyxxHallNash

SyxxHallNash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Wow, lots of horror stories from Best Buy. Figured I'd share my positive experience. They brought a mobile gaming trailer. 3 screens set up with Halo 4. 12 people at a time were in playing instead of standing outside. An employee came out with a bag of discount cards, everyone got to draw one card. The cards were either 15%, 25%, 50% off accessories and there was one in there for a free copy of Halo 4. I got a 25% off card so I used it on the Halo 4 controller since I needed a new one anyway. We were let in the store at 11:30 and they sold the game early, you just couldn't leave the store till midnight. Half the people there (myself and the 4 guys I was there with) walked out right at midnight with our game.

I love my Best Buy, it's the one in Clarksville Indiana.

#5172 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Halo 4 is 49.99 at fry's! You have to bring it to final checkout but it shows the price then. Should be in store also since it is available only for in store pick-up

Also, does anyone know if I can pm the game even if it hasn't arrived at my house?

#5173 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Just got back from picking up Halo 4. Used $20 rewards from Borderlands 2. Halo 4 dlc codes were printed on receipt as well as emailed to me immediately. I asked if they had any posters but was told that the posters were only given at time of preorder (though they didn't mention it to me back then).

#5174 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

just got my pickups
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#5175 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Great news everyone that was listening to me rant last night, the best buy near me said they had like 5 extra and that they'll hold it for me after I told them what happened to me last night. He said "I'm sorry for what happened at the other store, just come by whenever you can today and well have two here waiting for you in a pristine condition box just in case one of them is messed up and well even open it up for you before you exchange it if you want." Get to keep two FOTUS armor codes and 4 double a batteries and got to play some multiplayer last night (even though it messed up me and my friends traditional legendary campaign play through at midnight) but I guess it all worked out

#5176 NoodleN1nja

NoodleN1nja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

I was in Best buy yesterday to preorder Call of Duty and I did not see that I would get a $20.00 Rewards certificate.

Same here. I was debating on whether I wanted to buy Black ops 2 and decided that since I already had a $20 certificate that buying the game for 40 instead of 60 and getting another 20 bucks so I can buy another game later down the road would be a good deal but I guess we're too late. It doesn't show at the preorder kiosk in store and on their website either. And I checked the "myrewards" website and the only game left listed under the 2012 $20 certificate is Far Cry 3. Looks like I missed my chance. Oh wells. Just a heads up to those who haven't pre-ordered and was wondering why it isn't there.

#5177 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Same here. I was debating on whether I wanted to buy Black ops 2 and decided that since I already had a $20 certificate that buying the game for 40 instead of 60 and getting another 20 bucks so I can buy another game later down the road would be a good deal but I guess we're too late. It doesn't show at the preorder kiosk in store and on their website either. And I checked the "myrewards" website and the only game left listed under the 2012 $20 certificate is Far Cry 3. Looks like I missed my chance. Oh wells. Just a heads up to those who haven't pre-ordered and was wondering why it isn't there.

This again? OK, we need someone to show that BO2 is still part of this promotion...please? Otherwise I'll cancel my preorder. :-#

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5178 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Still waiting for my Halo 4 Limited to be ready for in-store pickup. Last time I order online with in-store pickup. Takes way too long for it to clear.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#5179 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Got an in-store pick up email yesterday telling me that my order would be ready today. In and out in less than five minutes and the DLC codes received in about 5 minutes in my email. Great experience.

#5180 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

picked up my copy this morning and got both codes on my reciept. Now I need to find some time to play.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#5181 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

fucking ebay cancelled my DLC auction, claiming ip violation. WTF
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#5182 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I finally got a shipping notice for halo 4, it's being handled by ups mail innovations. Its scheduled to be delivered on the 13th. WTH, assassin creed 3 only took 2 days.

#5183 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

No $20 gift certificate for Black Ops Wii U, right?

#5184 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

No $20 gift certificate for Black Ops Wii U, right?

No Wii U titles at all.

#5185 murph17

murph17

Rock Band addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

fucking ebay cancelled my DLC auction, claiming ip violation. WTF

make sure you put in the description that you will be MAILING THE PHYSICAL CODE/CARD. then just email your winner and ask them if they want it emailed or snail mailed (they always pick email).

#5186 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

No Wii U games on the $20 RZ Cert list? That sucks. Lol

Seconded. I'm sure they will be implemented eventually, but its making me less likely to pick up some of the launch titles (until some awesome holiday deals come along).

#5187 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Hey guys, need an opinion/knowledge
I'm gamer unlocked at Best Buy.

I was late preordering the Halo 4 LE b/c I'm dumb. I decided to preorder the regular version online for pickup a few days ago.
The LE just showed up as instock at my store and I ordered that.
I want to return the regular version of course but do you think there's anyway I can get Best Buy to honor the $20 RZ cert still?

I'm sure it will involve dealing with customer service in the least heh
Thanks!

#5188 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hey guys, need an opinion/knowledge
I'm gamer unlocked at Best Buy.

I was late preordering the Halo 4 LE b/c I'm dumb. I decided to preorder the regular version online for pickup a few days ago.
The LE just showed up as instock at my store and I ordered that.
I want to return the regular version of course but do you think there's anyway I can get Best Buy to honor the $20 RZ cert still?

I'm sure it will involve dealing with customer service in the least heh
Thanks!

I'm only guessing here but I think if you arrange an "exchange", I think you won't jeopordize your $20 cert. I'm equating to how an instore preorder works where they "exchange" your $5 to your purchase and they still get their $20 cert. Seems to be similar in my mind.

#5189 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

make sure you put in the description that you will be MAILING THE PHYSICAL CODE/CARD. then just email your winner and ask them if they want it emailed or snail mailed (they always pick email).

Can't they screw you over by doing this? I heard that the buyer can just cancel the Paypal charge or something after you send them the email

#5190 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Does anyone know how long bestbuy holds your pre order?
Posted Image