Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5191 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Does anyone know how long bestbuy holds your pre order?

Well you have to pick up the game within 7 days, so they should hold it for that long.

#5192 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well you have to pick up the game within 7 days, so they should hold it for that long.

Thx
Posted Image

#5193 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Can't they screw you over by doing this? I heard that the buyer can just cancel the Paypal charge or something after you send them the email

I had a 1 hour conversation with eBay tech support bitching about this policy, had them transfer me to U.S support manager, and complained about how DLC should not be triggered for Intellectual Property Volations, and that their alternative of listing it as a Classified Ad, was unfair as the listing is basically invisible. I finally removed any reference of email from the listing and relisted (supports suggestion). The support gal I spoke to was pleasant and she removed the violation, and promised to bring it up as a system issue that needs a solution. But now I know that if you want to be an asshole and somehow make your listing the 1 and only, all you need do is go through all the other listings and report them if they utter email.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#5194 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

This is ebay policy What are you gonna do? They don't want people to hack contests and servers and sell codes. Did they make this up? No, they responded to requests by game publishers. Bring it up with EA, Square, or Activision.

Or just follow murph17's suggestion and not be so angst ridden about it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#5195 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

fucking ebay cancelled my DLC auction, claiming ip violation. WTF

It's just a bunch of jealous haters. I didn't know you could get those violations removed. Thanks!

#5196 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

This is ebay policy What are you gonna do? They don't want people to hack contests and servers and sell codes. Did they make this up? No, they responded to requests by game publishers. Bring it up with EA, Square, or Activision.

confoosious, your just so helpful....:booty:
Posted Image

#5197 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

You want angst? Trying selling women's purses on Ebay. I am helping a friend sell some old purses and wallets (Coach, Vera Bradley, etc). I have sold at least 150 items on Ebay and never once had anyone returned a thing. I start selling this crap and women are returning them 50% of the time. Pretty sure it is a rent a purse scam some of them have going on. I stopped offering returns on them (unless they say it is defective which they are not) because of the pain in the butt it has been. :wall:

#5198 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Can't they screw you over by doing this? I heard that the buyer can just cancel the Paypal charge or something after you send them the email

Even if you mail it, buyer can redeem the code and tell you the code doesn't work and do a chargeback, eBay won't be on your side when that happens.

And the worse part is seller can't even leave a negative feedback on the buyer

#5199 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

I'm only guessing here but I think if you arrange an "exchange", I think you won't jeopordize your $20 cert. I'm equating to how an instore preorder works where they "exchange" your $5 to your purchase and they still get their $20 cert. Seems to be similar in my mind.

Thanks. Your logic makes sense however it's screwy for me because these are both online pick up orders and Halo reg. is already paid for.

I had to do the LE for pickup even though I was at my store only 6 hours earlier and they said they didn't have any extra lol.

evophile.pngevophile.png

#5200 htz

htz

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

I had it happen to me with selling PSN card codes (lost $50) earlier this year. If you send them anything by email, all it takes is for them to call there credit card company and claim the card was stolen or never received. Paypal will not protect you unless you show them a tracking number. Screenshots and emails are not valid proof of receipt.

#5201 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Even if you mail it, buyer can redeem the code and tell you the code doesn't work and do a chargeback, eBay won't be on your side when that happens.

Yeah but you do have 80 character to write THIS IS A NEGATIVE REVIEW DO NOT SELL TO THIS PERSON THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF

I have been lucky with codes. I have sold about 50 of them with nothing reported and no one ever saying they do not work. Once you get some + feedback people tend to buy from you since they are looking for a trusted source.

#5202 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Is that true even when you say no returns ?
Posted Image

#5203 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Just saying no returns does not protect you from things like not received, defective, or broken items. A person can file a complaint within 45 days and force you to take a return.

#5204 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Ebay will not side with you on anything rally, but especially digital codes.

Anytime you sell a code on ebay, you just pretty much have to pray. You can put anything you want in the description and you'd still lose.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#5205 htz

htz

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Anytime you sell a code on ebay, you just pretty much have to pray. You can put anything you want in the description and you'd still lose.

^Pretty much this(you also have the idiots that think your selling the game itself), don't sell it unless you don't mind giving it away for free.

#5206 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Just saying no returns does not protect you from things like not received, defective, or broken items. A person can file a complaint within 45 days and force you to take a return.

Well that defeats the point of "No Returns", I always figured it was a signal to the buyer that they were taking some sort of risk, that's why I always use ebay email, as that at least creates a trail of some sort.

Good news is my DLC sold, and payment has been received.
Posted Image

#5207 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

I put my AC3 PS3 code up and Halo 4 codes up. Worst case is they claim it doesn't work, and all that stuff. Not like I paid for them.

#5208 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Thats not a walmart AC code is it ?
Posted Image

#5209 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

You want angst? Trying selling women's purses on Ebay. I am helping a friend sell some old purses and wallets (Coach, Vera Bradley, etc). I have sold at least 150 items on Ebay and never once had anyone returned a thing. I start selling this crap and women are returning them 50% of the time. Pretty sure it is a rent a purse scam some of them have going on. I stopped offering returns on them (unless they say it is defective which they are not) because of the pain in the butt it has been. :wall:

lol i never offer returns on anything ever. being top rated doesnt mean shit and people dont price the return option into their bid anyway

#5210 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

I have one success story with ebay. Shipped a kindle to serbia n the buyer said he didnt receive it after 30 days and was complain about it. He picked the shipping method (didnt insure internationally) and then complained about it to ebay n opened a case. If i lost i would have been out the kindle + the winnings. But ebay reviewed the messages n ruled in my favor.

What i do for any dd is request the buyer to leave feedback asap after they redeem the code. If the do it within a few days or so (mark it shipped after you email) you are in the clear. If not spend the $2 n mail them a physical copy (update the tracking) to c.y.a.

#5211 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Not sure if my preorder got totally screwed at Best Buy or not. They couldn't figure out how to package out the Halo 4 and the Xbox LIVE Gold membership promotion so the employee for some reason just returned my preorder to try the promotion without it being on a preorder. After that didn't work I made her void the return to hopefully keep from screwing up my $20 RZ certificate. The package still wouldn't bundle out so they just ended up removing $20 from the cost of the game, they said they couldn't deduct from the price of the card. This whole ordeal took 30 minutes and it reminded me of the good ol' days at K-Mart.

I'm concerned now that I wont be able to price match and that I might not get the $20 RZ certificate without having to call in.

TheVila.png

#5212 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Same here. I was debating on whether I wanted to buy Black ops 2 and decided that since I already had a $20 certificate that buying the game for 40 instead of 60 and getting another 20 bucks so I can buy another game later down the road would be a good deal but I guess we're too late. It doesn't show at the preorder kiosk in store and on their website either. And I checked the "myrewards" website and the only game left listed under the 2012 $20 certificate is Far Cry 3. Looks like I missed my chance. Oh wells. Just a heads up to those who haven't pre-ordered and was wondering why it isn't there.

I think this got buried, and I'm ashamed to bring it up again, but could someone verify if BO2 is still part of this promotion?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5213 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

I think this got buried, and I'm ashamed to bring it up again, but could someone verify if BO2 is still part of this promotion?

I'm glad you're "bumping" this because I'd like to have confirmation as well.

I'm not too worried though, because if they don't post or pend, it just takes one call to CS bitching about it an 90% of the time they'll just automatically post you 1000 points.
Posted Image

#5214 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Not sure if my preorder got totally screwed at Best Buy or not. They couldn't figure out how to package out the Halo 4 and the Xbox LIVE Gold membership promotion so the employee for some reason just returned my preorder to try the promotion without it being on a preorder. After that didn't work I made her void the return to hopefully keep from screwing up my $20 RZ certificate. The package still wouldn't bundle out so they just ended up removing $20 from the cost of the game, they said they couldn't deduct from the price of the card. This whole ordeal took 30 minutes and it reminded me of the good ol' days at K-Mart.

I'm concerned now that I wont be able to price match and that I might not get the $20 RZ certificate without having to call in.

Same thing happened to me! I was pretty pissed!

700303.png

9.gif

#5215 ninjabenja

ninjabenja

Where do I put my title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

I'm glad you're "bumping" this because I'd like to have confirmation as well.

I'm not too worried though, because if they don't post or pend, it just takes one call to CS bitching about it an 90% of the time they'll just automatically post you 1000 points.

Yes, it is still part of the offer:
http://forums.bestbu...der/td-p/589964

"Sorry for the confusion. Due to vendor agreements, we are only able to advertise this offer for customers when they are logged in at www.MYRZ.com. Nothing has been changed in the offer, however, and you will still get a $20 RZ certificate if you pre-order and purchase this game in accordance with the terms and conditions of the offer."

more confirming links:
http://forums.bestbu...omo/td-p/595518
http://forums.bestbu...nus/td-p/531616

#5216 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

I went to pre-order Hitman for the $20 bonus and I found out it wasn't part of the deal. I thought it was added awhile back. Oh well, it comes out 11/20, so maybe I'll find a deal on Black Friday.

#5217 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Yes, it is still part of the offer:
http://forums.bestbu...der/td-p/589964

more confirming links:
http://forums.bestbu...omo/td-p/595518
http://forums.bestbu...nus/td-p/531616

Thanks for that. I was going to cancel the preorder I placed last night because my RZ information wasn't on the receipt and I was considering not re-placing it, but I'll be doing it now. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5218 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

I pre ordered the BLOPSII LE a few days ago through the website. I think I'll play BLOPS in anticipation since I've only played the zombies on there a little bit and nothing else.

#5219 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

Would the regular version of BLOPS II come w/ the Nuketown zombie map/Nuketown 2025?

#5220 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Would the regular version of BLOPS II come w/ the Nuketown zombie map/Nuketown 2025?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Nuketown Zombies are only in the Hardened and Care Package versions, while 2025 is in the first run copies(Same as "Limited Editions", i.e. BF3 B2K Pack).