Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5311 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

i called in to pm halo 4 at fry's and the lady tells me they don't price match anymore :roll: then i called right back and got it price matched

#5312 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

I pre ordered black ops 2 online, the bonus dlc didnt show up on the receipt. Does that mean I'm s.o.l?

It's in the case.

#5313 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

i returned RE6 getting BLOPS2 instead bleh... re6 was complete uttery Fuck

#5314 ice_man_fb

ice_man_fb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

For those that preordered online and still haven't received there halo 4 codes. Go to your order information. The DlC should be in the order details, it even tells you when it shipped. If its not, you won't be getting it.

It looks like this:

10/28/12
OrderCompleted
Posted Image
Microsoft-Halo 4-Xbox 360
https://images-ssl.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/
Halo 4 Venator Raptor Preorder Bonus - Xbox 360 [Digital Download Add-On]
https://images-ssl.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/
Halo 4 Deadeye Helmet Preorder Bonus - Xbox 360 [Digital Download Add-On] $37.09

Wow guess I'll give them a call and see what they'll come up with smh

#5315 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

Second game in a row. Go to pre-order hardened edition for Blops 2, and it's sold out. Insane. Absolutely insane.

#5316 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Second game in a row. Go to pre-order hardened edition for Blops 2, and it's sold out. Insane. Absolutely insane.

Find another store or order the regular version and then get over it. I'm not trolling, just feel its a bit presumptuous to expect a special edition (of one of the biggest games of the year) to be available to you 4 days before it launches.
Posted Image

#5317 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

It's in the case.

Thanks

#5318 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

I was informed last night by the manager at my nearest store that I could not Price Match Assassin's Creed 3, with Amazon's price, because I had used Reward Zone Certificates on it...Are these guys lying because they don't want to try to figure it out, or did I screw myself by thinking that Best Buy is legitimate in their Price Matching?

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#5319 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

It's in the case.

I was informed last night by the manager at my nearest store that I could not Price Match Assassin's Creed 3, with Amazon's price, because I had used Reward Zone Certificates on it...Are these guys lying because they don't want to try to figure it out, or did I screw myself by thinking that Best Buy is legitimate in their Price Matching?

You might have better luck calling cs, that's how I got ac 3 price matched.

#5320 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

shit, my halo 4 purchase appears that only earned 11 points! WTF?
Posted Image

#5321 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

shit, my halo 4 purchase appears that only earned 11 points! WTF?

Did you use any gift cards or rz certs to pay? If so maybe that's why it only shows 11 points.

#5322 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

RZ certs don't matter. So they were wrong

#5323 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

RZ certs don't matter. So they were wrong

The RZ denial is bs, but he still might not get the price match. Game software is not on the list of what they'll pm online prices for. The policy also states its an at time of purchase pm, not during the return period. So its a YMMV situation.

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Join topline and get cash for your web browsing

#5324 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Thank you all for the response. The cashier did say he was a fucking idiot, so I guess I've to take your, and her word. I'll be a little more hard on them next time.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#5325 petethepanda

petethepanda

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

I saw that my Halo purchase has the normal amount of points currently Pending, but the second purchase that shows up next to Halo, which I assume should be the bonus points, is listed as Pending as well but shows 0 points. Is this normal? I know they said it'd take a little while, but it's the 0 that's weirding me out.

#5326 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I got my points for ac3 today! Should get my points for halo in 5 days and hoping to get my bo2 points before black friday!

#5327 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Question (for those who pre-ordered online and picked up in-store):

How long does it take for the purchase to show (pending) on your Reward Zone account. I picked up my Halo 4 order on 11/7 and it does not show my points for the purchase price or the $20 reward certificate as pending(or at all). I used a RZ ($5) cert on the order and have my reward zone number attached to my online account (auto-filled in) so I know it was on the order. Thanks.

#5328 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Question (for those who pre-ordered online and picked up in-store):

How long does it take for the purchase to show (pending) on your Reward Zone account. I picked up my Halo 4 order on 11/7 and it does not show my points for the purchase price or the $20 reward certificate as pending(or at all). I used a RZ ($5) cert on the order and have my reward zone number attached to my online account (auto-filled in) so I know it was on the order. Thanks.

I preordered Assassin's Creed III several days before it was released and picked it up in store the same day as release. I got the points pending in several days.

#5329 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

If you return a game that you got the 1000 reward points from, do you keep the points?

#5330 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

For those looking for it, my Dishonored certificate showed up today.

#5331 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

If you return a game that you got the 1000 reward points from, do you keep the points?

No.

#5332 DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

trade it in, keep the rz points

#5333 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

My Dishonored posted today as well. My pending points show more then I had though. I guess the pending just hasn't caught up yet.

#5334 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Pre ordered both AC3 and Halo 4 and picked both up on their release day's. Neither the purchase points nor the bonus 1000 have posted for either of them. Am I screwed?

Still going to call in today and see what's going on, but has anyone else came across this?

#5335 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

is this dead? i went to get bo 2 and it doesnt show even though it did before

#5336 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

is this dead? i went to get bo 2 and it doesnt show even though it did before

This has been mentioned 1000 times, its still part of the deal. Check the OP.

#5337 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Pre ordered both AC3 and Halo 4 and picked both up on their release day's. Neither the purchase points nor the bonus 1000 have posted for either of them. Am I screwed?

Still going to call in today and see what's going on, but has anyone else came across this?

Yes. The bonus, doesn't show up until a few days after your purchase has posted. Even if you did call, they'd just tell you to wait 30 days as they can't do anything about it.

#5338 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I saw that my Halo purchase has the normal amount of points currently Pending, but the second purchase that shows up next to Halo, which I assume should be the bonus points, is listed as Pending as well but shows 0 points. Is this normal? I know they said it'd take a little while, but it's the 0 that's weirding me out.

Have you looked at the details to the purchases that are listed as 0 points? Those are probably the preorder bonuses. They are for me. The 1,000 points will be added to the points with your game purchase. It may take a few more days for them to appear.

#5339 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

My AC3 points are listed and pending. My Halo 4 points are not. Strangely, myrewardzone.bestbuy.com shows Halo 4 as being $11.99, so I'm being shortchanged both bonus points and purchase points. Sadly, my pitch in card was deducted $60+. If I was actually only charged $11.99, I'd be okay with that.

Edit: of course, as soon as I post this, Best Buy changes. Halo 4 is still listed as $11-->11points, but the 1000 bonus points are there, which is the important part.

Edited by dkl415, 10 November 2012 - 12:26 AM.

#5340 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

My AC3 points are listed and pending. My Halo 4 points are not. Strangely, myrewardzone.bestbuy.com shows Halo 4 as being $11.99, so I'm being shortchanged both bonus points and purchase points. Sadly, my pitch in card was deducted $60+. If I was actually only charged $11.99, I'd be okay with that.

You don't earn full points when using pitch-in or gift cards.