Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5611 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

I already have it preordered, primarily for three reasons:

1. The $20 certificate. :dunce:
2. What I've seen of the single-player looks really good.
3. It's an Ubisoft game, so the price will (hopefully) drop like a rock within 60 days.

lol, it sure was not that case for ghost recon future soldier.

#5612 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

outta curiosity, am I sol when it comes to the twenty dollar RZ because the guy didn't scan my RZ card at checkout, or will I have to call to get that fixed?

#5613 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Can you return a game to a different BBY than where you got it from? My case was cracked to hell inside of my copy (no idea how..).

I have a work baseball game in another county tonight though and was gonna go to the Best Buy that's closer to the field on my way there.

Will they do the exchange even though it was from a different store? I'm aware returns don't matter regardless of store, but I've never tried an exchange at a diff one.
Posted Image

#5614 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Will they do the exchange even though it was from a different store? I'm aware returns don't matter regardless of store, but I've never tried an exchange at a diff one.

You answered your question. Returns/exchanges are the same. Unless the store is out of stock, you can go to any BB.

#5615 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

outta curiosity, am I sol when it comes to the twenty dollar RZ because the guy didn't scan my RZ card at checkout, or will I have to call to get that fixed?

Happened to me with AC3 but I had it scanned when I made a preorder and the points went into my account the same day I picked it up.

#5616 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Anyone had luck pricematching the 10 bucks off from Toys R us yet for Blops?

#5617 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Well I just got back from BBY and I was able to PM my Borderlands 2, Dishonored and Halo 4 to $49.99. Now hopefully I won't be seeing a -3000 on my RZ account. Has not happened yet but there is always a time for firsts.

#5618 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Well I just got back from BBY and I was able to PM my Borderlands 2, Dishonored and Halo 4 to $49.99. Now hopefully I won't be seeing a -3000 on my RZ account. Has not happened yet but there is always a time for firsts.

It depends on how they rung it up if they did a return/rebuy you might lose the points. If they just do a straight price adjustment you should be fine. It should say what they did on top of the receipt by the barcode.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#5619 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I just got back from Best Buy picking up my Black Ops II pre-order, and there was no dog tags. When I asked the girl who checked me out about them, she said she had no idea even though the girl standing next to her asked her if she remember them having a kiosh out before advertising about the pre-order with dog tags hanging on them but the kiosh is gone now. So was the store supposed to give one to me when I pickup my pre-order, or am I just out of luck. No big deal really. I'm just a bit disappointed, because the bonus was the reason why I chose to pre-order from Best Buy and not anywhere else really.

The dog tags were back in March or April. I doubt they lasted long at all, if you want you can buy the $5 tags and the proceeds go to helping find jobs for veterans. They are much nicer quality. I missed the dog tags because I knew a version other than standard would be released and didn't want to preorder standard.

#5620 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

i was successful in getting the hardened pmd $10 off. Also picked up the live sub for $40 w/ the 800 free msp points

#5621 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

i was successful in getting the hardened pmd $10 off. Also picked up the live sub for $40 w/ the 800 free msp points

Soooo...why have there been no deals similar to this, but with PSN Plus and PSN points for us Playstation 3 owners???

Hmm...seems a bit prejudiced.
Posted Image

#5622 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

I was unsuccessful. The girl told me that Toys R Us doesn't apply that deal for new releases. I told her it doesn't say that in the ad and to please call them. She did and they said that it indeed doesn't apply for new releases. I don't know if the person she talked to didn't know what they were talking about or if that is actually how it works (I would have definitely fought it if I was at TRU since the ad says ALL games 59.99 and above), but what're you gonna do? Was able to $10 back on Halo 4, so it wasn't a total loss.

#5623 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Called BB and was able to get Halo 4 and CoD: BO 2 price matched to 49.99. It was easy and pain-free.

#5624 dominator

dominator

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Called BB and was able to get Halo 4 and CoD: BO 2 price matched to 49.99. It was easy and pain-free.

Is this from TRU? Do you just call their customer service and tell them you want to price match?

On another note, I just got the certificate for Assassin's Creed, a bit early, but you won't hear me complaining. BF, here I come!

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#5625 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Again, my best buy will not be price matching toys r us. This time they clarified that unless its just a straight price listed in the ad they won't price match. Seemed like a pretty straight forward promotion to price match but no go. Seems retailers can pretty easily maneuver around best buys price match policy.

Edit: Just called best buy CS and they have also confirmed that they can't price match it.

Edited by donbaloo, 13 November 2012 - 08:01 PM.

#5626 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Soooo...why have there been no deals similar to this, but with PSN Plus and PSN points for us Playstation 3 owners???

Hmm...seems a bit prejudiced.

Complain to Sony. Someone has to fund the deals.

#5627 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Is this from TRU? Do you just call their customer service and tell them you want to price match?

Pretty much. Just got off the phone successfully PMing both Halo 4 and BLOPS 2 for $49.99. I was a bit nervous because I only mentioned that they were $49.99 without the current TRU promotion of $10 off $59.99 titles but all went smoothly.

#5628 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Got COD BlOps2 today for $50 with the TRU PM. I didn't want the Hardened edition I had preorder and the guy behind the counter was like "The second you cancel this, I have to put it out on the floor. It won't last. You're sure that you're sure, right?" Haha. Good conversation.

That makes every game I got as a part of this deal $50. Add in the cert to their price and I got them all day 1 for $30. So cool.

#5629 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Pretty much. Just got off the phone successfully PMing both Halo 4 and BLOPS 2 for $49.99. I was a bit nervous because I only mentioned that they were $49.99 without the current TRU promotion of $10 off $59.99 titles but all went smoothly.

Why didn't you PM the $30 off two?

#5630 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

They'd probably have to be purchased in the same transaction to do that. It also borders on a bundle deal, which BB doesn't PM.

#5631 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Again, my best buy will not be price matching toys r us. This time they clarified that unless its just a straight price listed in the ad they won't price match. Seemed like a pretty straight forward promotion to price match but no go. Seems retailers can pretty easily maneuver around best buys price match policy.

Edit: Just called best buy CS and they have also confirmed that they can't price match it.

Same thing happened at my best buy. Both a manager in the electronics dept and csr confirmed that they couldn't pm the tru deal because it was a promotional bundle. If it was a sale for a specific title, then they could pm it. One of the gaming guys I know was cool with the pm but he had to get approval. When I saw the one and only "Danny downer" manager come by who loves shooting down pms, I knew it would be rejected. Well I just drove down to the nearby tru and got the deal for halo 4 and blops 2.

#5632 dudejeff22

dudejeff22

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

So is it confirmed that your RZ point balance can go negative?

#5633 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Why didn't you PM the $30 off two?

advanced is correct. I bought the games on separate orders. I just didn't get around to PMing Halo 4 till now. I'm 4/4 on PMing over the phone so I'm satisfied for getting new games for $50 + $20 RZ credit.

#5634 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yes. If you want to return the game, just trade it in and take the hit. With the deal, you still make out even or ahead anyway.

#5635 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Yes. Are you trying to get the points and then return the game? If so, hope you get banned from here and Best Buy.

#5636 dudejeff22

dudejeff22

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

If that's the case then why do they bother making you wait 30 days? That doesn't make any sense. I was under the impression that the 30 day waiting game was to compensate for returns. If they can just take points away then why do we have to wait to get our points?

#5637 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Their system is kind of imperfect. The 30 days allows for corrections of possible errors.

#5638 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

If that's the case then why do they bother making you wait 30 days? That doesn't make any sense. I was under the impression that the 30 day waiting game was to compensate for returns. If they can just take points away then why do we have to wait to get our points?

Because idiots will find a way to abuse it.

#5639 GarrettKapman

GarrettKapman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

I used my $20 reward cert to preorder blops 2, so my recepit shows a total of $43.xx. Will I still be able to price match to $50 tru deal if my receipt states that I never paid that much in the first place? Anybody had success pming after they had used a reward cert on the original transaction? Thanks.
That rug really tied the room together.

#5640 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Could I techinically "pre-order" black ops today and still get the $20?