Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5641 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Could I techinically "pre-order" black ops today and still get the $20?

Technically? No. Any other way? No. The game is out, nothing to "pre-order" now.

#5642 mrbutler14

mrbutler14

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

I went in with my halo 4 receipt and they pm'd the $30 off for buying two when I bought black ops 2. They didnt want to mess around with applying two $15 price matches so just deducted $30 off the black ops sale. The thing is they made no adjustments to my halo receipt leaving it open to be price matched again if I was feeling like being a jerk. The way I got the adjustment was to go in with halo 4 and black ops 2 on the toys r us checkout screen on my phone where it showed a $30 discount on one of the games for buying them together. If you have not tried yet it is worth a shot for sure.

#5643 mvlbr

mvlbr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Spoke with customer service rep since I placed my order online and they are crediting my card back $11.00 for toys r us price match :bouncy:

#5644 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

I was able to PM Borderlands 2 and got $10.88 back, but I noticed it says "Exchange" on the top of the receipt I got and not "Price Match". Hope this doesn't mess with my account, we'll see I guess.

#5645 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

I had no problems PMing Amazon's $49.99 price for :ps3: Borderlands 2 yesterday (which is still there BTW) and getting $10.60 back; I went with Amazon because I figured it'd be easier than PMing TRU's deal, though I had the TRU ad in my back pocket as a backup. ;)

A PM heads-up to those who picked up RE6 through this promotion: I haven't had a chance to post the thread yet (I'll do so tonight unless someone beats me to the punch), but Gamestop's next weekly ad (starting tomorrow and lasting through 11/20) features RE6 for $39.99, the lowest it's been so far.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ (:applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5646 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

I used my $20 reward cert to preorder blops 2, so my recepit shows a total of $43.xx. Will I still be able to price match to $50 tru deal if my receipt states that I never paid that much in the first place? Anybody had success pming after they had used a reward cert on the original transaction? Thanks.

I think you have to wait for it to drop below $43.xx now. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

#5647 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I think you have to wait for it to drop below $43.xx now. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If the purchase was in-store, he would have a much better chance and I have done this. It's not in the realm of impossible.
Don't know about over the phone.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5648 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

He should be fine. They should see it as an RZ cert and just credit him back $10 worth of RZ points. Thats how it's always been for me.

#5649 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

If the purchase was in-store, he would have a much better chance and I have done this. It's not in the realm of impossible.
Don't know about over the phone.

From what I've been told, as long as you mention that you used a RZ certificate to lower the item's original price and the value of the certificate, you should still be able to price-match and get the difference back.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]

#5650 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

A PM heads-up to those who picked up RE6 through this promotion: I haven't had a chance to post the thread yet (I'll do so tonight unless someone beats me to the punch), but Gamestop's next weekly ad (starting tomorrow and lasting through 11/20) features RE6 for $39.99, the lowest it's been so far.

Excellent, I'll grab another $10.xx refund tomorrow once the ad hits. Thanks!

#5651 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

With Best Buy's new internet price-matching in place, will they price match my Dishonored which is 44.99 online at Overstock.com? (I'm silver and I ordered through Best Buy online.)

#5652 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

With Best Buy's new internet price-matching in place, will they price match my Dishonored which is 44.99 online at Overstock.com? (I'm silver and I ordered through Best Buy online.)

This is a good question and one to which I would also like to know the answer. I wouldn't mind getting back another $7.42. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png

#5653 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

They only PM a limited amount of stores. Overstock.com is not one of those

#5654 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

They only PM a limited amount of stores. Overstock.com is not one of those

I was trying to find a list of stores they were matching during this promotion but couldn't find one. Do you have the list of stores they're matching?

#5655 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

I was trying to find a list of stores they were matching during this promotion but couldn't find one. Do you have the list of stores they're matching?

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

The list you seek is at the bottom of that page.

PM'ing games from eligible retailers will be YMMV since it only specifies "appliance and electronics hardware products" and they detail exactly what products fall into that category. Consoles are mentioned but not games.

Seems like a majority here are having good luck whenever they PM for games but it won't be a 100% success rate.

#5656 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

I went in with my halo 4 receipt and they pm'd the $30 off for buying two when I bought black ops 2. They didnt want to mess around with applying two $15 price matches so just deducted $30 off the black ops sale. The thing is they made no adjustments to my halo receipt leaving it open to be price matched again if I was feeling like being a jerk. The way I got the adjustment was to go in with halo 4 and black ops 2 on the toys r us checkout screen on my phone where it showed a $30 discount on one of the games for buying them together. If you have not tried yet it is worth a shot for sure.

A lot of people have been doing this, if you add Hardened and another $59.99 game to cart at TRU, Hardened comes out as $50. If you are very persuasive you can print it out and try to PM it. If you succeed, you would essentially be getting this at $30 from GCU + tax of $80, great deal. Don't know if this is still the case at TRU's end.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5657 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

is anyone expecting nba 2k13 to drop in price soon? If not I may go to best buy and have them take off $30 for that and black ops 2. I also have halo 4 limited edition. any PMs for that yet?

#5658 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

Well just got back from BB and got Black ops 2 and Xcom PMd 30 bucks off with the tru deal going on

Was able to double dip the Xcom as I had used it previously before with the buy 2 get 1 free deal on Dishonered and borderlands

So total expenditure for all four games, BO2, BL2, XCOM and Dishonored came out to 65 bucks

I dont think im gonna press my luck on FarCry 3 as its an Ubi game and should be cheap enough in the next few months because ive had too deal with RZ on the phone for every certificate on this promotion so far

I will probably get GTA5 on the next promotion
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5659 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

Well just got back from BB and got Black ops 2 and Xcom PMd 30 bucks off with the tru deal going on

Was able to double dip the Xcom as I had used it previously before with the buy 2 get 1 free deal on Dishonered and borderlands

Is there just simply no sense of ethics any more? This place depresses me sometimes...

#5660 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

I dont think im gonna press my luck on FarCry 3 as its an Ubi game and should be cheap enough in the next few months because ive had too deal with RZ on the phone for every certificate on this promotion so far

Yeah same here, pretty much been calling into customer service for PMs a lot lately on top of the certs. Even though there is no clear indication of a certain limit of PMs, I'm not going to push my luck either cause BB might have the same policy as trade-ins where the limit is unknown until you get denied randomly one day.

I think my next $20 cert offer game will be bioshock infinite.

#5661 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

If my local GS and BB is any indication, Black Ops 2 is gonna murder the previous CoD records.

#5662 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

If my local GS and BB is any indication, Black Ops 2 is gonna murder the previous CoD records.

Yeah I agree here. Treyarch has actually did something different with the COD franchise. The mains things that come to mind is the pick 10 system, multiple endings in the campaign, live streaming to youtube without needing game capture equipment, and zombies gets its own campaign. While maintaining that COD feel to the game.

#5663 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Yeah I agree here. Treyarch has actually did something different with the COD franchise. The mains things that come to mind is the pick 10 system, multiple endings in the campaign, live streaming to youtube without needing game capture equipment, and zombies gets its own campaign. While maintaining that COD feel to the game.

I'm really looking forward to playing my Zombies tonight. That's all I play for on Call of Duty. What used to be a niche market has become a humongous fanbase. I've been playing ever since World at War came out. I thought it was so awesome how the original zombie map was an unlocked map only after having beaten the campaign.

#5664 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

My BB, which never gets too busy with game preorders or anything, has had a line 15-20 deep ALL DAY. The back wall of the CS section was lined with Hardened editions too. I went in at 10:30 and my girlfriend just went into work and the line has consistently been that long through out the day according to coworkers. That alone makes me think this game is going to destroy past records.

#5665 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Picked up my Black Ops 2 today and I am 95% certain that the employee didn't enter my Reward Zone information when I picked up my preorder. Hopefully I am wrong but if I am right has anyone had the experience before and what is the best course of action to take to get it corrected from your experience?

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#5666 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Do they email you the 20 dollar reward zone certificate just wondering just picked up blops 2 today

#5667 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Picked up my Black Ops 2 today and I am 95% certain that the employee didn't enter my Reward Zone information when I picked up my preorder. Hopefully I am wrong but if I am right has anyone had the experience before and what is the best course of action to take to get it corrected from your experience?

Same happen to me. Look at your receipt and see if your RZ # is on their. If not you should be able to just add it yourself on RZ site.

Also no go with the $10 PM from Toys R Us because I bought the HE and it was not in stock. They were willing to match the regular edition though. Just an FYI for anyone picking up the game this week.

#5668 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

Same happen to me. Look at your receipt and see if your RZ # is on their. If not you should be able to just add it yourself on RZ site.

Also no go with the $10 PM from Toys R Us because I bought the HE and it was not in stock. They were willing to match the regular edition though. Just an FYI for anyone picking up the game this week.

Just checked my receipt and my RZ# was not on there. I went ahead and reported missing points so hopefully that will straighten it out. I know its not as feasible for Best Buy but I wish they were set up like Krogers so I could put in my own RZ account information during time of purchase to ensure that it is put in. Last weekend I told the girl doing trade-ins my account information 4 times and she never put in my RZ information and I didn't notice it until after the trade was complete and I had used my credit so it was partially my fault. I am just thankful I didn't trade in a large amount of games at that time.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#5669 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

My BB, which never gets too busy with game preorders or anything, has had a line 15-20 deep ALL DAY. The back wall of the CS section was lined with Hardened editions too. I went in at 10:30 and my girlfriend just went into work and the line has consistently been that long through out the day according to coworkers. That alone makes me think this game is going to destroy past records.

The game can destroy records all it wants, but the graphics suck huge dick.

I've never been a guy to complain much on graphics, as I play on a native 720p HDTV anyways, but this just looks horrid. Enough where I thought it was my TV at first (never thought this before..). I installed the texture package, adjusted video settings, and still..crap. On top off that, my gunfire seems to get lost in the commotion of the game. Call me odd, but in any FPS, I enjoy hearing the thick, resonating sound of my gun, no matter a big sniper rifle, or small pistol. In this game, it's muffled as mess..

It baffles me how each CoD game gets a BIT progressively better graphics wise, then this one just skyrockets down. Treyarch's games have always been my favorite too. Kinds disappointed in this one.

To give the Benefit of the doubt, this is my first new COD release on my PS3 (i bought every other one on 360)..but that's no excuse. As my MW3 copy looked just as good on my PS3 as my 360 copy..
Posted Image

#5670 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Lulz BBY didn't have my preordered Hardened edition. Swell job guys!