Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5701 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

They should.

#5702 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

They should.

I might go and try, but Bestbuy here are fairly clueless.
Posted Image

#5703 theeipi

theeipi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

i PMd to Gamestop today and got $20 refunded, which was strange because I already had $10 refunded. So, after RZC paid $10 for a game I sold for $50.

Also PM'd Dishonored, AC3, CODBO2, and Halo4 to TRU today for $10 each
e^(ipi) = -1

#5704 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Tried to PM TRU today but got a stupid CS agent who was just looking for crap to deny my PM and try to make crap up, at first she told me Best Buy does not Price match TRU and I told her it is a local retail competitor. Then she looked up the ad online and clicked on it to show it was in-store only, I tried to tell her it was online too but she would not budge even though I was telling her I should get it in store either way. Then I asked for her supervisor and she played dumb and said one was not available then asked for my number so one can call me back even though I had told her my number and she had my info at the beginning. That does not include getting transferred three times to the wrong people because of them being incompetent.

#5705 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

I might go and try, but Bestbuy here are fairly clueless.

Best thing to do from now on is order online for in store pickup. Any PMs you do you go thru the CC over the phone. Very easy to PM from them.

Tried to PM TRU today but got a stupid CS agent who was just looking for crap to deny my PM and try to make crap up, at first she told me Best Buy does not Price match TRU and I told her it is a local retail competitor. Then she looked up the ad online and clicked on it to show it was in-store only, I tried to tell her it was online too but she would not budge even though I was telling her I should get it in store either way. Then I asked for her supervisor and she played dumb and said one was not available then asked for my number so one can call me back even though I had told her my number and she had my info at the beginning. That does not include getting transferred three times to the wrong people because of them being incompetent.

Any time you get a bad one just abort mission and call back. Not worth the waste of time trying to bend them to your will. I spent an hour with one last week because of a shipping error n i still had to call back. Got a good one and he fixed everything in 10 mins.

Edited by lwhitit, 14 November 2012 - 07:43 PM.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#5706 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

I'm really looking forward to playing my Zombies tonight. That's all I play for on Call of Duty. What used to be a niche market has become a humongous fanbase. I've been playing ever since World at War came out. I thought it was so awesome how the original zombie map was an unlocked map only after having beaten the campaign.

They added a zombie campaign-ish mode!!! It's called tranzit. It's basically zombie with slight find parts and put in certain spots to advance. But you ride the bus to multiple different areas. It adds just small enough of a twist to be fun.

Also if you co-op they made an awesome 2v2 head to head survival match. It's a blast because, while you can't actually hurt the other group, you can set zombie bait by them, build barriers and overall grief them. Is so much fun to sabotage your friends.

Also the game has a much needed revamp. The 10 pool is cool and allows for true customization of classes. There's still some weapon balancing that is needed, but in an FPS when is there not.

They fixed some online things like

sticky assist not always sticking to center body mass (makes quick scoping much harder). An option to take sticky assist off completely (Awesome!).

They made league play which is a ladder system so you are matched with like skilled players.

They switched the streaks and made them pouts instead of skills. 100 Pts for kill. 50 for original cap, 200 for middle cap or capping an enemy flag. 200 (i think, or maybe 300) for plant. 125-150 for defense or offense kills on objectives. Etc etc. 300 for UAV. So you can see where it promotes people actually playing objectives instead of camp killing.

Oh and footsteps don't sound like elephants making sound wh0ring gone or at least not that great.

They did massively mess up 2 things:

Most guns have little to no recoil at all. MW3 was far better in this area. I think I understand their reasoning with this as MW3 had 60% of people using 1 of 3 weapons because they had little to no recoil. But it just make things so bland and unrealistic.

Second they massively messed up the knife system. I have and have seen many people whiff on a knife attack while standing behind an enemy less then a couple inches away. You'll notice this the most in zombie mode when conserving ammo. At least it's consistent in that there are no 10 foot knife "lunges" that happen like in MW3.

#5707 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

The GS PM for RE6 went through. Just took a while.

#5708 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

nvm, read OP

#5709 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

So I went to the store yesterday to add my $35 RZ cert. to black ops after it wouldn't scan at midnight because my ink running low and on the top of the receipt that I got it says "LOYALTY ADJUSTMENT". Do you guys know if this will void my $20 RZ cert. I'm supposed to get?

#5710 joogle

joogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Same situation here, I pre-ordered on November 11.

I'm waiting for the purchase to show up before opening the game.

Just logged in to my RZ page and I noticed that my receipt for Black Ops 2 isn't there... yet (the usual "pending", etc.)

Anybody else noticed this, or is it just my account?

#5711 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

It took about a week for my halo 4 receipt to show up. I wouldn't worry

#5712 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

So I went to the store yesterday to add my $35 RZ cert. to black ops after it wouldn't scan at midnight because my ink running low and on the top of the receipt that I got it says "LOYALTY ADJUSTMENT". Do you guys know if this will void my $20 RZ cert. I'm supposed to get?

imo you should have just used the cert on something else to avoid all of the trouble

#5713 DaBoltz

DaBoltz

Casual CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

I was able to PM TRU for Halo 4 and BO2 @ BB in Anaheim (Orangefair Mall). I brought the physical TRU ad with me so that may have helped my case. The CSR didn't bother to either check the online TRU price nor call them.

589637.png

#5714 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Success on PM'ing TRU (over the phone) on a Hardened Edition copy of BO2 for xbox360.

#5715 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Why they had to call GS to confirm the RE6 price I'll never know. It's in B/W on the website in all it's glory.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#5716 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Success on PM'ing TRU (over the phone) on a Hardened Edition copy of BO2 for xbox360.

That's amazing. Figured the stock would be out.

#5717 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Interesting call. Apparently, I got a rep whom I've talked to recently. She said she didn't do anything money-wise (called the silver membership phone number). She reminded me that they're only able to give out points so she matched points for TRU's COD and GS's RE6, $10/$20 respectively. I reminded her of taxes and she just rounded it up to 2000pts/$40 and she didn't even check online like I've had them do in the past. So I neted another $7 in points. Thanked her profusely of course.

This is not typical (the extra points) but I have had no problems PMing in conjunction with any preorders. There's just been various ways (points, refunds, GC issuance) depending on the rep and a little variance on how long it takes for them to verify the PM.

#5718 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Why they had to call GS to confirm the RE6 price I'll never know. It's in B/W on the website in all it's glory.

Because in store prices can vary from online prices. Also they have to confirm stock because if they are sold out then they can deny the PM.

Also GS isn't in the official website price match list so they just can't take the website price.

#5719 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Interesting call. Apparently, I got a rep whom I've talked to recently. She said she didn't do anything money-wise (called the silver membership phone number). She reminded me that they're only able to give out points so she matched points for TRU's COD and GS's RE6, $10/$20 respectively. I reminded her of taxes and she just rounded it up to 2000pts/$40 and she didn't even check online like I've had them do in the past. So I neted another $7 in points. Thanked her profusely of course.

This is not typical (the extra points) but I have had no problems PMing in conjunction with any preorders. There's just been various ways (points, refunds, GC issuance) depending on the rep and a little variance on how long it takes for them to verify the PM.

Did you buy the games with an RZ cert? Thats the only time I've ever gotten RZ points for a return myself.

#5720 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Did you buy the games with an RZ cert? Thats the only time I've ever gotten RZ points for a return myself.

Yep, $5 holiday cert for COD and $20 cert from Madden 13 preorder for RE6.

#5721 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Anyone have a xcom 360 pm, TRU don't show the 360 version.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#5722 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

I got Halo 4 (two copies) price matched for 50 each.... thats an easy 20 back in my pocket

#5723 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

That's amazing. Figured the stock would be out.

Yea, about that stock check. My rep didn't check the stock at my local TRU.

#5724 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Yea, about that stock check. My rep didn't check the stock at my local TRU.

Not that I have been denied a PM over the phone yet, but every rep has always put me on hold to call and confirm stock/price. Wish I could get the people some of you talk to.

#5725 247

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Pricematched blops 2 in store, she took a look at my phone and matched it. Had to call for Halo 4 and took about 10min.

#5726 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

So we have till next year to PM right? If so I'll just wait till the price drops more.

My preorder hasn't posted yet, but it usually takes a couple of days.

Gameplay wise I see improvement over prior COD. Servers are garbage though and hopefully patch comes soon.

#5727 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

So we have till next year to PM right? If so I'll just wait till the price drops more.

My preorder hasn't posted yet, but it usually takes a couple of days.

Gameplay wise I see improvement over prior COD. Servers are garbage though and hopefully patch comes soon.

Yes. Any purchase made from now until December 24th has extended return till January 24th

#5728 Sendoh

Sendoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

such a hassle to PM bestbuy.com pre-order. I think from now on I will be pre-ordering in store. Since the ppl on the phone have no idea on price match. now I have 2 open case to pm 3 games which is goin to take 7 - 10 days.

#5729 joogle

joogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

For call of duty black ops 2, was there any pre-order bonus?

I didn't get anything, wanted to check if there were any pre-order items dlc that i was suppose to get.

thanks

#5730 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

Preorder DLC is in the box.