Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5791 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Grrr. 30 minutes on the phone with someone who was obviously pretty new trying to get my $10 price match for COD. Said she had to call a local TRU to make sure it was in stock (it's only the biggest game of the year lady!). Put me on hold to call...and disconnected after 5 minutes. Grrr! All my other price matches took 10-15 mins and were much easier.

That's exactly reason I pre-order in-store now. It's much easier to price match in-store if you are close to a Best Buy and you avoid the disconnect on the phone..

#5792 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

I have the CoD: BO2 1000 points pending, though they're currently invisible...

Oh well, at least they're pending. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5793 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

I have the CoD: BO2 1000 points pending, though they're currently invisible...

Oh well, at least they're pending. :)

I'm assuming that you picked it up on Tuesday. I picked mine up on Wednesday and the purchase has showed up but there's no mention of the 1000 points. I'm just a tad bit worried (not much), because I had the guy price match TRU when I picked it up. Hopefully it will show up over the weekend.

OT: Does anyone know if Best Buy still does the automatic Silver Rewards when you buy a cell phone? I got in on a Galaxy S3 a couple weeks back and there's no more mention of it anywhere.

#5794 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm assuming that you picked it up on Tuesday. I picked mine up on Wednesday and the purchase has showed up but there's no mention of the 1000 points. I'm just a tad bit worried (not much), because I had the guy price match TRU when I picked it up. Hopefully it will show up over the weekend.

OT: Does anyone know if Best Buy still does the automatic Silver Rewards when you buy a cell phone? I got in on a Galaxy S3 a couple weeks back and there's no more mention of it anywhere.

Actually, I also picked it up Wednesday and PMed TRU at the same time, and it's only because my pending point total is 1000 points greater than when I checked last night that I know the 1000 points are incoming. Just keep checking.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#5795 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Actually, I also picked it up Wednesday and PMed TRU at the same time, and it's only because my pending point total is 1000 points greater than when I checked last night that I know the 1000 points are incoming. Just keep checking.

Thanks, I'll just keep checking

#5796 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

I didn't PM but still not showing for me either

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#5797 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

1000 points showing as posted on my RZ account from my in-store pickup of BO2 Hardened Edition(but are not available to redeem as of time of this post, I'm sure they will be soon). Every other game on the list (yes including Halo 4 and AC3, both were in-store pickup) have had the points posted on my account. This has been a great year for GCU members, and now I'm about to try and get lucky and get a Wii U Sunday with all these RZ points/BB store credit. Not sure when to line up but I'm thinking the earlier the better.

Edit: BO2 Points are now available. Just in time for Wii U :D

Edited by DemonsMaster, 17 November 2012 - 11:22 AM.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#5798 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Good god, called and got someone who sounded foreign, who called TRU and said the 49.99 price was not good instore, even though the damn website clearly says it is. Then called back and within 5 mins got 3 games all pricematched including 1 thats not even on TRU's website (XCOM). I wonder if I can get my LE Halo price matched next :)
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#5799 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

My Black Ops bonus points are pending now as well. Also, it looks like my PM of Borderlands 2 went through fine, I thought since it said exchange on the receipt and not price match it would screw up my account somehow, but I guess not.

#5800 achair

achair

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

Great deal, provided Best Buy follows through on their end. I've placed exactly two preorders with Best Buy this year for $20 gift certificate incentives (Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed 3), and Best Buy screwed up both of them.

Good luck to you guys!

#5801 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

I PMed Black Ops II for $49.99 from TRU and my 1000 bonus points appeared on that transaction and not my original transaction. Just thought it was weird but I'm glad they are pending as my reward zone card was never scanned in either transaction but some how they both appeared on my history.

#5802 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Blops 2 points pending too which is a nice surprise.

#5803 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

My 1000 is showing for BO2. I am not at 1471 banked and another 2884 pending. I have already redeemed 12,750 points ($255) this year from these promos and trading to BBY.

#5804 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hmm...Strange I went to PM my copies of BOII with TRU save $30 on 2 deal.I bought the Care Package and the standard copy of the game I paid for it with $170 in Certificates and $70 CG might I add in true CAG style but anyway when CS went to PM it for me they kept saying it appeared to be going thru but when it got to the end of the process it wouldnt show them the $30 refunding to my giftcard .So then the manager came over and just rung it thru as an exchange on the Care Package knocking the price down to $149 and refunding the $30 that way but how come when I log into myrz it says I have a Returned Certificate Adjustment of 11642 could this be the return they were seeing? and if so will the points stay there? I'm A pretty honest guy but I hate to say if those points are still there monday they might be good as used. just wanted to throw this out there and see what you guys think
Posted Image

#5805 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

My 1000 is showing for BO2. I am not at 1471 banked and another 2884 pending. I have already redeemed 12,750 points ($255) this year from these promos and trading to BBY.

Thanks for posting all that useful info. :lol:

#5806 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for posting all that useful info. :lol:

Well that would be in line with about 90% of this thread so I thought why not. :lol:

#5807 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

BO2 points are pending. They swapped it today because i checked earlier this morning and the transaction was posted but not the points.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#5808 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

nice, my 1000 points have just posted as pending for BO2. I had a question though. I singed up for the unlocked the day before Borderlands 2 was coming out and have yet to receive the welcome pack or any issues of the GAMER magazine. How long does it normally take or should i contact Best Buy CS?

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#5809 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

nice, my 1000 points have just posted as pending for BO2. I had a question though. I singed up for the unlocked the day before Borderlands 2 was coming out and have yet to receive the welcome pack or any issues of the GAMER magazine. How long does it normally take or should i contact Best Buy CS?

Usually takes 6-8 weeks. Give it time.

But my points for Black Ops 2 just posted tonight. So woohoo!

#5810 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Little off topic, but has anybody received their $5 RWZ cert for signing up for shutterfly?

I'd like to know this as well...it said a code would be emailed about 7 days after the sign up, but I still don't see anything.

I think I was the OP for that one and no I still haven't received my points yet.

#5811 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

I tried to get a PM Toys R Us (Save $30 on two) on my Halo 4 and Black Ops II Purchase, however, I was shoot down. CS lady told me I could only get the 49.99 for Black Ops II. Anyone got any tips how to approach the situation. This is the first time I have not gotten a PM.

#5812 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

I tried to get a PM Toys R Us (Save $30 on two) on my Halo 4 and Black Ops II Purchase, however, I was shoot down. CS lady told me I could only get the 49.99 for Black Ops II. Anyone got any tips how to approach the situation. This is the first time I have not gotten a PM.

If I were you, I'd cut your losses and take the $49.99 PM. It's likely the best price you'll get for either game for a while, and the sale ends today.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#5813 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

See if you can speak to a manager about it

The CS workers are hit and miss, either theyll do it without question or theyll stonewall like crazy

The Managers always dont give me any hassle
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5814 bige562

bige562

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

This morning when I checked my account I had 120 points posted and 2,530 pending (1,000 from Halo 4 and 1,000 from Black Ops 2). I just checked my account a few minutes ago and I still had 120 points posted but I only have 1,530 points pending. Where in the hell did the other 1,000 pending points go? Has anyone else seen this happen. I haven't PM'd either game or anything like that. The strange thing though is that when you look at the purchase of both games they still list the 1,000 pending bonus points under the individual transactions.

#5815 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

This morning when I checked my account I had 120 points posted and 2,530 pending (1,000 from Halo 4 and 1,000 from Black Ops 2). I just checked my account a few minutes ago and I still had 120 points posted but I only have 1,530 points pending. Where in the hell did the other 1,000 pending points go? Has anyone else seen this happen. I haven't PM'd either game or anything like that. The strange thing though is that when you look at the purchase of both games they still list the 1,000 pending bonus points under the individual transactions.

What do you have set as your point requirement to issue a certificate?

I've had this happen to me before where as soon as points were posted, a certificate is automatically generated using those points, however there is no record of that certificate being issued until it actually posted to my account another 1-2 days later.

After seeing this happen a few times on my account, I went back ant set the limit to the highest setting it could be at to automatically generate a certificate, and now i just redeem the points in the denomination of my choosing when I want to redeem them.

#5816 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Same thing happened to my Black Ops 2 points, they were pending yesterday but now they're not. This has happened to me before though and the points always start pending again eventually so no need to worry.

#5817 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Both my Halo 4 and Ass 3 points posted and RZ certs issued.

#5818 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

My BO2 points just posted

#5819 MeteoSparkZero

MeteoSparkZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I really hope my Halo 4 points are finalized in time for Black Friday.
Posted Image

#5820 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

My points for HALO and BLops 2 are pending, once they post, I will have $140 Bestbuy Cert : ), I love this promotion.
Posted Image