Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5941 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

What's the PM period? I still haven't PM'd my BO2. Are there any deals?

#5942 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Saw someone referring to B2G1 in a recent post, but wanted to ask if we can still get the $20 RZ after PM TRU B1G1 50% off?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5943 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

I haven't got mine either for AC3 I've had 2000 plus points pending for a month

Got my AC3 points yesterday. Wow that took a while since I picked up the game the day it came out

#5944 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I was wondering would bestbuy.com price match frys.com price on far cry 3 since they have it for $49.99??

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#5945 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

I was wondering would bestbuy.com price match frys.com price on far cry 3 since they have it for $49.99??

They did for Halo 4
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#5946 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Typically only if you are within a Frys B&M location. My store has denied them in the past. Nearest store is 4 hours away.

#5947 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

If that's still active when you get the game, there's no harm in trying.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5948 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Wait, $49.99 at frys?! Win! Glad the one in Marietta is considered "reasonable" for them to price match
Posted Image

#5949 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm more excited about Far Cry 3 then I was about Black Ops 2

I'm bummed I dont have tuesday off though to play it.

#5950 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'm more excited about Far Cry 3 then I was about Black Ops 2

I'm bummed I dont have tuesday off though to play it.

After playing BLOPS 2, me too. Luckily I have tomorrow off though ;)
Posted Image

#5951 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

I predict there will be plenty of opportunities to PM Far Cry 3. Especially if your Silver Premier.

...now BLOPS2 is another story...if you missed out on PM'ing the TRU $10 off deal (like I did), you may not get another chance.

#5952 bige562

bige562

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I PM's both Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 on Saturday without any issues. The girl in customer service just asked me if I had an ad and I told her that Fry's only did online ads and that they didn't do print ads. I'm not entirely sure if that's true but I really didn't want to deal with it so I just told her that. She went over to a computer and came back about 5 minutes later and then did the PM without saying anything. I got a $20 gift card back so I was pretty happy. Still waiting on my points for both though.

#5953 murph17

murph17

Rock Band addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

is the BB website right? 50% TIV bonus at BB this week, in store? when is 100% coming back? done with AC3 and probably BLOPS2.

#5954 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

The 50 percent runs until the 26th apparently.

#5955 murph17

murph17

Rock Band addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

The 50 percent runs until the 26th apparently.

Ewwwww :(

#5956 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

I reread the OP/FAQ and didn't find my answer...

Can I pick up my preorder at a different best buy than I places the pre order? tia

#5957 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Can I pick up my preorder at a different best buy than I places the pre order? tia

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo you crazy!!! Look at this guy!!

But in all seriousness, no. Because each store has its own preorder amount. The same policy applies to Gamestop too
Posted Image

#5958 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Still no black ops points pending, I held off long enough; guess its time to give them a call. Who exactly do I contact about this? (Silver member btw)

Edited by Brother Daz, 03 December 2012 - 10:14 PM.

#5959 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

how long do u have to pick up the game to get the $20 RZ Cert

#5960 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

5 days from launch IIRC

uc.png

#5961 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Still no black ops points pending, I held off long enough; guess its time to give them a call. Who exactly do I contact about this? (Silver member btw)

I'm a Silver member, but I think you should call the normal 1-888-BESTBUY line, say "More Options" (or dial 4, depending on the menu format you get) and ask to speak with someone about Gamers Club Unlocked. Then explain the situation to whomever you get after that. If that doesn't resolve the situation, I suggest joining the BBY forums (if you haven't already) and posting a patient, detailed, non-angry thread about this issue; a mod should take care of you within 2-3 business days.

I believe it's 5 days after the game's release date, though I'm not positive.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#5962 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Is PM Fry's and TRU B1G1 considered double dipping?

#5963 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Is PM Fry's and TRU B1G1 considered double dipping?

Yup.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#5964 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'm a Silver member, but I think you should call the normal 1-888-BESTBUY line, say "More Options" (or dial 4, depending on the menu format you get) and ask to speak with someone about Gamers Club Unlocked. Then explain the situation to whomever you get after that. If that doesn't resolve the situation, I suggest joining the BBY forums (if you haven't already) and posting a patient, detailed, non-angry thread about this issue; a mod should take care of you within 2-3 business days.

Thank you

#5965 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

So the reason I had asked about picking it up at a different location was because I bailed on my BLOPs2 preorder from one store because I really wanted a hardened ed. I ended up getting a hardened edition at a different best buy about 9 days after release. The RZ points show up (still pending) in my account.

So it appears, based on what happened with my BLOPs2 experience, that the pick up time frame is greater than 4 days and you may use a different store. I was just hoping for some "official" policy regarding the program. I do not think it is like gamestop where you do need to pick up your preorder at the same location.

#5966 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

nice I didnt know about far cry 3's Fry's.com price. gonna pice match that and some other junk tomorrow.

#5967 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Iirc, enuf said something about as long as you pre ordered the game and buy it anywhereyou should be good

#5968 isr34l

isr34l

The Business Bitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

I asked this at my Best Buy recently. They said if it's for a regular edition, then yes. But not for limited/special editions

#5969 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Yes you are able to do this and still get the bonus 1000 RZ points.

BUT only the store you preorder at will have a reserved copy for you.

I'll give two instances from a previous title:

1) you preorder the regular edition of Black Ops 2 at store A. Store B has a hardened edition so you go there and pick it up while exchanging your preorder slip for the regular edition from store A

2) You preorder the hardened edition at store A. Store B has a midnight release while store A doesn't. ONLY store A will have a hardened edition reserved specifically for you. You may be able to find extra HE at store B and purchase it there and still qualify for the 1000 RZ points.

Basically to qualify for the 1000 RZ points you need to preorder any edition of the game and then buy any edition of the game within 7 days of release at any store. You also need to exchange your preorder at the time of purchase.

Doing the above qualifies you.

#5970 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Is there a way for me to preorder Far Cry 3 online and still get the pricematch for FRY's price?

Edited by inkcil, 04 December 2012 - 01:05 AM.