Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

Nice will get at least Dishonored and AC3 and probably more. Hopefully Amazon stops sucking and brings back the $20 credits because I'd rather shop there but BB will do if not.

Are you sure you're a gamer?

yea, i am a gamer, but doesn't mean i gotta buy every single game that is release

#32 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

Already have Halo 4 and AC 3 preordered there! Would also do Borderlands 2 but I have some GameStop credit that I'll be using on that.
Posted Image

#33 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

yea, i am a gamer, but doesn't mean i gotta buy every single game that is release

Yeah sorry was half joking. Honestly the only one I'm really interested in day one is Dishonored

#34 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

Bear in mind the difference between 1000 RZ points and a Gift Card. RZ certs have to be used in full in a single transaction and expire 90 days after they're issued. And this is enough points that anyone whose not a Silver member will be auto-issed a certificate. Not a huge deal since these certs will be active during the holiday shopping season, but it's definitely less flexible than an open-ended Gift Card.

But RZ certs are deducted pre-tax, and a gift card is deducted post-tax. If I use a $20 RZ cert on a $59.99 game, I'll only get taxed on $39.99. Tax for me is between 7 and 10 percent, depending on which county/city I buy in, so it's a fairly significant consideration.

#35 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

You have to remember your dealing with 1,000 RZ points instead of a $20 gift card here. I think Best Buy has wised up to people doing PMs plus getting the $20 gift card. When you do a PM you essentially trigger a partial refund which deducts points from your RZ account.

That's a good point. But even if you PM'd a sale where a game dropped from $59.99 to $39.99, you would theoretically earn 980 points, right?
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#36 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

Yeah sorry was half joking. Honestly the only one I'm really interested in day one is Dishonored

only disonhonor slightly interests me too, but only for the preorder bonus of the Whale Oil USB Lamp,

#37 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

You have to remember your dealing with 1,000 RZ points instead of a $20 gift card here. I think Best Buy has wised up to people doing PMs plus getting the $20 gift card. When you do a PM you essentially trigger a partial refund which deducts points from your RZ account.

Yeah I missed the RZ points part, thought we were getting an egift card again. Still nice to see BB offering these kinds of deals.

#38 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

This is dope. Awesome.

#39 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

BB gets my $ for RE6 and possibly Dishonored. Will have to think about Far Cry 3 and 2K13 also.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#40 ayob

ayob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

im in for fifa 13

#41 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Good find. I already got AC3 preordered.

154512.png

:360: Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:psp: Assassin Creed III: Liberation

jionekanji.png

#42 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

off topic, but you can add spec ops the line to the list , it says $10 gift card http://www.bestbuy.c...es&nrp=15&iht=n

#43 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Oh man this was a big pain in the butt last year... had to call in several times to get my certs and preorder bonus codes were always a hassle to actually get from customer service.

I am definitely planning on picking up several of these titles though already... ahh decisions decisions.

Last year my GF and I both picked out 4 titles and went through the work to get it all done. Didn't bother to price match any of the titles though.

So this year we are only allowed to pick 3 titles instead of 4? I think i read that in a post in this thread... sorry i am insanely tired. How is this year's promo different from last years?

(Wondering if any last minute titles or upgrades will be added... like Saints Row & COD Hardened from last year etc)

#44 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

Oh man this was a big pain in the butt last year... had to call in several times to get my certs and preorder bonus codes were always a hassle to actually get from customer service.

I am definitely planning on picking up several of these titles though already... ahh decisions decisions.

Last year my GF and I both picked out 4 titles and went through the work to get it all done. Didn't bother to price match any of the titles though.

So this year we are only allowed to pick 3 titles instead of 4? I think i read that in a post in this thread... sorry i am insanely tired. How is this year's promo different from last years?

(Wondering if any last minute titles or upgrades will be added... like Saints Row & COD Hardened from last year etc)

It's actually just one title you get $20 gift card, unlesx u picked up max payne 3. Last year was 5.

#45 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

Wow seriously? We only get $20 max out of the 11 titles? That's so freakin lame... why is everyone doing back flips over the offer in this thread then?

#46 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

Wow seriously? We only get $20 max out of the 11 titles? That's so freakin lame...

Limit one award per member per title.

It does not say "Limit one award per member max".

#47 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

It's actually just one title you get $20 gift card, unlesx u picked up max payne 3. Last year was 5.

I'm not sure what else we can say to help you understand this deal.

#48 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Limit one award per member per title.

It does not say "Limit one award per member max".

That's what i thought, but mgorsi just said just one title you get $20 gift card.

Was confused.

#49 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

Wow people have a hard time understanding. It is one $20 reward zone cert per member per title. Here are some examples:

I buy Dishonored. I get $20.

I buy 2 copies of Halo 4. I get $20 (only one reward zone cert per title)

I buy one copy of Dishonored and one copy of Halo 4. I get $40 total.

I buy 11 copies of Assassins Creed. I get $20 and am weird.

I buy one copy of every eligible title. I get $220 in reward zone certs.

#50 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Wow people have a hard time understanding. It is one $20 reward zone cert per member per title. Here are some examples:

I buy Dishonored. I get $20.

I buy 2 copies of Halo 4. I get $20 (only one reward zone cert per title)

I buy one copy of Dishonored and one copy of Halo 4. I get $40 total.

I buy 11 copies of Assassins Creed. I get $20 and am weird.

I buy one copy of every eligible title. I get $220 in reward zone certs.

Please post this in OP because they is the best explanation for the deal.

#51 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

Please post this in OP because they is the best explanation for the deal.

Ha i second this... that's exactly how i thought it worked.

Now to look over each title and see what preorder bonuses are offered since i have a bunch of gamestop credit as well.

#52 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Yessss guess I'm keeping my Borderlands 2 preorder. Hope there's a midnight launch for the game too.

#53 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

Well, I'm switching over my preorder of RE6 from Amazon/Gamestop to BB. Unless of course they announce a limited edition.

But damn, good going Best Buy.

#54 Neg

Neg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

The real question is, if they'll count PC releases of these games, unlike what happened last year with the other promotion were they specifically forbade any game on the list if it was a PC version.

Also majorly conspicuous by it's absence is the new Call of Duty game. The new Halo in place of that is *NOT* a fair trade.

#55 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Borderlands 2, MoH, Halo 4 and maybe Far Cry 3
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

The real question is, if they'll count PC releases of these games, unlike what happened last year with the other promotion were they specifically forbade any game on the list if it was a PC version.

Also majorly conspicuous by it's absence is the new Call of Duty game. The new Halo in place of that is *NOT* a fair trade.

Activision knows most people will buy it without any offer

#57 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

Ahh you reminded me of that and yea it was a pain but for me in the end I winded up getting 2 $100 Gift Certificates so it was worth it but for me I'll be picking up AC:3 and RE 6 for sure would be in for Madden 13 and Borderlands 2 but my amazon credit is paying for those plus I got the Ultimate Loot Collection so it'll be hard to cancel that unless some more come in stock.
Posted Image

#58 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

While this is true the 1000 points is a bonus. You will still get the double points for the game. So each game purchase is worth 1118 points (no rounding up) or 1133 for Silver members. Yes when you PM you will lose points but at most 40 points it you PM to $39.99. So in reality with 5 games purchased and PM to $39.99 (yes I dream) you would get 5390 points which is $105 + 110 RZ points away from another cert (or 35 points for silver members).

Edit: With no PM you would still get $110 in certs for $300 in games.
Posted Image

#59 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Kinda bummed that Darksiders II isn't on that list...yet. And I can only assume the Borderlands CE hasn't been added yet, and didn't actually sell out.
Posted Image

#60 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

While this is true the 1000 points is a bonus. You will still get the double points for the game. So each game purchase is worth 1118 points (no rounding up) or 1133 for Silver members. Yes when you PM you will lose points but at most 40 points it you PM to $39.99. So in reality with 5 games purchased and PM to $39.99 (yes I dream) you would get 5390 points which is $105 + 110 RZ points away from another cert (or 35 points for silver members).

Edit: With no PM you would still get $110 in certs for $300 in games.

The thing is we get double points with all gaming purchases at BB. 1 point as base and another point as a bonus. When I do a refund on a gaming purchase, it does deduct from the bonus section also. I'm worry about the system seeing a partial 40 original base points deducted and totally voids out the 1,000 bonus points as not meeting the promo's original criteria of 120 points (60 base/ 60 bonus).