Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5971 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

Yes you are able to do this and still get the bonus 1000 RZ points.

BUT only the store you preorder at will have a reserved copy for you.

I'll give two instances from a previous title:

1) you preorder the regular edition of Black Ops 2 at store A. Store B has a hardened edition so you go there and pick it up while exchanging your preorder slip for the regular edition from store A

2) You preorder the hardened edition at store A. Store B has a midnight release while store A doesn't. ONLY store A will have a hardened edition reserved specifically for you. You may be able to find extra HE at store B and purchase it there and still qualify for the 1000 RZ points.

Basically to qualify for the 1000 RZ points you need to preorder any edition of the game and then buy any edition of the game within 7 days of release at any store. You also need to exchange your preorder at the time of purchase.

Doing the above qualifies you.

Thank you. This is what I thought. I just didn't know if my BLOPs2 experience was an anomaly. Probably grab Far Cry3 Monday after release.

#5972 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hoping my Halo 4 reward zone cert. is available before the deadline for picking up Far Cry 3.

#5973 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

I got my reward certificates 4days earlier then expected (Expected Dec6 but got on 2nd; Halo+BOPS2)

#5974 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Got my Halo 4 1000 points today, and I see my BLOPS 2 1000 points pending, should be next week!

Any reason why a lot of next year games on Xbox are out of stock???

#5975 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

how long do u have to pick up the game to get the $20 RZ Cert

Game pickup deadlines are here: http://www.bestbuy.c...cat275100050005

It looks like it's a week for each.

#5976 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Got my Halo 4 1000 points today, and I see my BLOPS 2 1000 points pending, should be next week!

Any reason why a lot of next year games on Xbox are out of stock???

There was a price error a few weekends back that listed them as $5.00. It sold out online but all orders were cancelled. Looks like they haven't made it active again yet.

#5977 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Fry's went back up to $59.99 on FC3 :-x .....
Posted Image

#5978 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

didn't get my 1000 from Halo yet but had one from AC3 that I'll use to pick up FarCry, also got a buddy of mine to pre-order a copy with his Reward Zone card off the website at like 2AM since they still let you order the 360 version, game looks like it will be amazing.

659629.png?68329996

#5979 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Fry's went back up to $59.99 on FC3 :-x .....

I'm sure we'll have more opportunities to PM this game since it's made by Ubisoft. Getting it at $50 with a $20 RZ cert day one would've been nice though.

#5980 htz

htz

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

My 1000 points for Far Cry 3 is already pending. :D

Also Ubisoft just announced PS3 will be getting exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3 in January. I'm assuming its free since almost all exclusive DLC on PS3 is free.

http://blog.us.plays...ps3-in-january/

#5981 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Picked up Far Cry 3 this morning. Hopefully they email me the dlc code automatically, otherwise I'll have to go back tomorrow.

Figured since I was getting this, may as well PM TRU b1g1 50%. Picked up Persona Vita for $20.

#5982 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Also Ubisoft just announced PS3 will be getting exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3 in January. I'm assuming its free since almost all exclusive DLC on PS3 is free.

Glad I didn't pre-order a :360: version then like I was kind of tempted to.

After seeing all the retail exclusive pre-order single player DLC that was out for this game, I'm going to wait for this title to drop to at least $30 first.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#5983 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Picked up Far Cry 3 this morning. Hopefully they email me the dlc code automatically, otherwise I'll have to go back tomorrow.

Figured since I was getting this, may as well PM TRU b1g1 50%. Picked up Persona Vita for $20.

If they rang up the pre-order correctly, the dlc code should be on your receipt. Hopefully the TRU PM didn't mess things up.

#5984 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'd feel bad (I preordered for :360:), but I don't care at all about the co-op, so...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5985 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

If they rang up the pre-order correctly, the dlc code should be on your receipt. Hopefully the TRU PM didn't mess things up.

It's not there. I think they are supposed to ring up the sku for the dlc, but the clerk probably didn't know about it. I was too focused on the PM to remember the dlc. I'll go back if I don't get an email by tomorrow.

#5986 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

It's not there. I think they are supposed to ring up the sku for the dlc, but the clerk probably didn't know about it. I was too focused on the PM to remember the dlc. I'll go back if I don't get an email by tomorrow.

That's why I'm printing off the instructions from the BBY forum. If they screw that up, they need to find a new job.

http://www.forums.be...des/td-p/629596

#5987 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Did in-store pick up for the first time...I didn't get any preorder DLC code. I hope that comes in an email soon.

700303.png

9.gif

#5988 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Did in-store pick up for the first time...I didn't get any preorder DLC code. I hope that comes in an email soon.

If your .com has the DLC as a separate line item in the order details, then you'll most likely get it emailed to you in the next 24 hours. Its supposed to be there.

#5989 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Tried to match Toys R Us and was told by the manager that Best Buy doesn't match Toys R' Us because they are going out of business. I politely asked him for his first and last name after I told him I would just contact my silver member customer service to get it taken care of. I told him I needed his name so the CS representative would know who was not abiding by Best Buy's official PM policy. He was enough of a dick about it to write it down so I wouldn't forget.

Just got off the phone with CS. They charged me for the additional copy of Farcry 3 for 30.00, free shipping (to a friend's address) and are sending a 10 dollar GC for the trouble. I guess it is good to be a silver member sometimes. Maybe the see how much you spend and figure, this person is a good customer, maybe we should take good care of him.

#5990 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

While his respond was kinda dickish, I don't think Best Buy has to actually PM it since its considered a bundle deal.

#5991 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

If your .com has the DLC as a separate line item in the order details, then you'll most likely get it emailed to you in the next 24 hours. Its supposed to be there.

Don't see any sign of DLC item anywhere in my order :cry:

700303.png

9.gif

#5992 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Damn, no DLC for me either. Completely forgot about asking at the store, assumed they had their poop together. So I guess I'll wait 24 hours and then complain.

#5993 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

I picked up my game and had the code print on my receipt and it was also emailed to me. Not sure if I should keep it or sell it since it includes some bonus missions.

While his respond was kinda dickish, I don't think Best Buy has to actually PM it since its considered a bundle deal.

Yeah, I got denied and that's reason they gave me. I'm going to call CS and complain though, this decision has caused me and my family a lot of trouble and I don't appreciate that. Hoping for some free certs. :lol:

#5994 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, I got denied and that's reason they gave me. I'm going to call CS and complain though, this decision has caused me and my family a lot of trouble and I don't appreciate that. Hoping for some free certs. :lol:

I am hoping this is sarcasm...:-s
Posted Image

#5995 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I picked up my game and had the code print on my receipt and it was also emailed to me. Not sure if I should keep it or sell it since it includes some bonus missions.

I had to pick up my copy at CS, and I don't think the girl added the DLC, as I see no code on my receipt. The gaming reps always put it on there, but this girl works strictly in CS, so looks like I'm gonna have to ask for one on the BBY forums.

Where exactly should I take this matter up at on those forums? I've never had to deal with mods on their forums for anything before.
Posted Image

#5996 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Don't see any sign of DLC item anywhere in my order :cry:

I didnt preorder this but whenever I preordered games the DLC would automatically add to cart (thus 2 items should be in the cart). When did you order?

#5997 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

I had to pick up my copy at CS, and I don't think the girl added the DLC, as I see no code on my receipt. The gaming reps always put it on there, but this girl works strictly in CS, so looks like I'm gonna have to ask for one on the BBY forums.

Where exactly should I take this matter up at on those forums? I've never had to deal with mods on their forums for anything before.

Give it some time first. BB runs a check for preorders without the dlc and emails it out. Usually takes 1-2 days

#5998 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

You might also want to mention that per Digital Foundry the PS3 version is the worst performing of the bunch... the PS3 is a tiny bit sharper in places but suffers in pretty much other category including framerate and foilage pop in etc... it also has black borders all around the entire image where the 360 has black borders only vertically on the sides. Also shadows have a severe screen door effect to them whereas the 360 shadows look normal.

Neither version runs perfect... both have serious performance issues, but the 360 is definitely a little better.

I'd rather take the 360 version and hope for a delayed co-op DLC release later on down the road but maybe that's just me.

#5999 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I didnt preorder this but whenever I preordered games the DLC would automatically add to cart (thus 2 items should be in the cart). When did you order?

I ordered this early yesterday, did see the $20 promotion plus DLC. Never saw it in my cart though. Best to go to the BBY forum?

700303.png

9.gif

#6000 BiggyP2P

BiggyP2P

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

At the store I work at (I'm in Computer/Tablet sales) we are allowed to PM the B1G1 50% off deal. At least every time I've put it through and asked for an override there has been no discussion about not allowing it. It seems to be YMMV.. I guess it mostly depends on the cost of the items and if it prompts for an override. It seems like the managers trust their employees enough to know when to allow it/when not to.