Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#6001 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

You might also want to mention that per Digital Foundry the PS3 version is the worst performing of the bunch... the PS3 is a tiny bit sharper in places but suffers in pretty much other category including framerate and foilage pop in etc... it also has black borders all around the entire image where the 360 has black borders only vertically on the sides. Also shadows have a severe screen door effect to them whereas the 360 shadows look normal.

Neither version runs perfect... both have serious performance issues, but the 360 is definitely a little better.

I'd rather take the 360 version and hope for a delayed co-op DLC release later on down the road but maybe that's just me.

Reading the comments on that article crack me up. PC gamers that act like they have the "superior" version seem to forget that it is running on console hardware 6-7 years old. To me the console is the superior version just based on the fact it is even remotely as nice as a PC with the latest $300 video card. I also love that some think the 10/10 Eurogamer gave it should be revised since the graphics had some issues. Frankly, I almost never notice graphics issues (frame rate being the exception), especially if I am having a blast playing the game.

#6002 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Tried to match Toys R Us and was told by the manager that Best Buy doesn't match Toys R' Us because they are going out of business. I politely asked him for his first and last name after I told him I would just contact my silver member customer service to get it taken care of. I told him I needed his name so the CS representative would know who was not abiding by Best Buy's official PM policy. He was enough of a dick about it to write it down so I wouldn't forget.

Just got off the phone with CS. They charged me for the additional copy of Farcry 3 for 30.00, free shipping (to a friend's address) and are sending a 10 dollar GC for the trouble. I guess it is good to be a silver member sometimes. Maybe the see how much you spend and figure, this person is a good customer, maybe we should take good care of him.

You wouldnt happen to live in Texas, would you? This happened to me two weeks ago, same BS reason, and I'm quite curious if it is the same ahole manager.

#6003 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I ordered this early yesterday, did see the $20 promotion plus DLC. Never saw it in my cart though. Best to go to the BBY forum?

It's possible the DLC gets cutoff by the system since yesterday was so near to release date. You still preordered it though so give it until Thursday before you ask them. The mods at BBY will be able to send you a code if nothing comes. They even state on their forums to give DLC's a couple of days to be emailed regarding .com orders.

#6004 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

For those looking for it, directions for getting the missing dlc codes ....

http://www.forums.be...des/td-p/629596

But give it a day or 2 first, like someone said they're doing a manual check for purchases that were not packaged out correctly.

I sure hope this new pre order system for the 2013 games fixes this issue lol

#6005 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

For those looking for it, directions for getting the missing dlc codes ....

http://www.forums.be...des/td-p/629596

But give it a day or 2 first, like someone said they're doing a manual check for purchases that were not packaged out correctly.

I sure hope this new pre order system for the 2013 games fixes this issue lol

No one seemed to care and/or pay attention when I posted that on the last page.

#6006 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

That's because the forums are not meant for instant response. Expected reply time is 3-5 business days. If you need an immediate resolution than you need to call in. Or you could be patient, and you'll probably get the codes anyways from their automatic check of missed codes with purchase.

#6007 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

That's because the forums are not meant for instant response. Expected reply time is 3-5 business days. If you need an immediate resolution than you need to call in. Or you could be patient, and you'll probably get the codes anyways from their automatic check of missed codes with purchase.

??? I was saying that I posted a link on this thread to the BBY forum page explaining how/when to get the Far Cry 3 codes and people were still confused about the process. The BBY forum page explains everything.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=6014

#6008 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

You might also want to mention that per Digital Foundry the PS3 version is the worst performing of the bunch... the PS3 is a tiny bit sharper in places but suffers in pretty much other category including framerate and foilage pop in etc... it also has black borders all around the entire image where the 360 has black borders only vertically on the sides. Also shadows have a severe screen door effect to them whereas the 360 shadows look normal.

Neither version runs perfect... both have serious performance issues, but the 360 is definitely a little better.

I'd rather take the 360 version and hope for a delayed co-op DLC release later on down the road but maybe that's just me.

http://engineroom.ub...y-on-far-cry-3/

I usually buy games on PS3 since they are on blu-ray discs instead of dvds for durability reasons. But Far Cry 3 is heavily optimized to the PS3s hardware so I doubt its a crap port.

#6009 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

http://engineroom.ub...y-on-far-cry-3/

I usually buy games on PS3 since they are on blu-ray discs instead of dvds for durability reasons. But Far Cry 3 is heavily optimized to the PS3s hardware so I doubt its a crap port.

I do not think he is saying it is a crap port. Only that digital foundry rated it the worst of the 3 but still very good.

#6010 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

No problem getting my DLC printed right on the receipt and sent to my email. Just showed him the sku from the link (Thanks!). The reality is the DLC is prompted every time you exchange a pre-order. It is up to the employee to actually add it to the receipt instead of ignoring it like most do.

#6011 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

??? I was saying that I posted a link on this thread to the BBY forum page explaining how/when to get the Far Cry 3 codes and people were still confused about the process. The BBY forum page explains everything.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=6014

Ah sorry, thought you meant the BB mods didn't care. I've seen people complain when they didn't get a response after 30 min.
Join topline and get cash for your web browsing

#6012 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

On my phone and hadn't gone back far, but hey, release day, it could almost stand to be every other post ;)

No problem getting my DLC printed right on the receipt and sent to my email. Just showed him the sku from the link (Thanks!). The reality is the DLC is prompted every time you exchange a pre-order. It is up to the employee to actually add it to the receipt instead of ignoring it like most do.

That's the second "trick" they need to do. The first is to get them to actually ring it as an exchange :whee:

Can't wait for the new pre-order system

#6013 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

I havent received my code either for far cry 3 which is weird because wen i preordered ac3 the code came rite away at 1am on oct 30th

#6014 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Quit complaining if you didn't get your code right away. You're supposed to wait 24-48 hours(that is if you didn't get it printed on your receipt, which I always ask the cashier for when I got to pick up my game), if you have recieved your code earlier in the past, good for you but that doesn't mean you're supposed to get it that early for every game you preorder. Some ppl get lucky and some ppl dont. If you haven't recieved it yet, just wait a couple days and then start complaining.

Now you know

#6015 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

How does one go about PMing BO2? When does the window end?

#6016 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

I do not think he is saying it is a crap port. Only that digital foundry rated it the worst of the 3 but still very good.

Wait wait wait... heavily optimized for the PS3? Are you guys being serious here? Did you not read the article and reports from users on the web?

Is it a crap port? No. Is it a good port? No.

Definitely has major problems, as does the 360 version.. but the PS3 version is the worst one out of the bunch. Worst one. Worst. How is that "Heavily Optimized"

#6017 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Anyone who ordered FC3 online get there preorder bonus code yet?

#6018 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

How does one go about PMing BO2? When does the window end?

BB will have it on sale next week for $49.99. Since it was released after Nov. 4 you have until January 24, 2013 to PM.

#6019 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Well I sent a PM to the gaming forum mods yesterday about the preorder code...

I woke up this morning to 3 emails, one saying I had a private message, and he other 2 saying something along the lines of "the Far Cry 3 access code you requested.."

So I open them up, and lo and behold they're for 360 instead of the PS3 which I had in my message title to them, and each code was 3x4x4x4x4....I have no idea what console that is for, because it most certainly isn't compatible with PS3 or 360...

I politely replied back to the PM I received and asked if they could just send out the correct code, ONCE.
Posted Image

#6020 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Wait wait wait... heavily optimized for the PS3? Are you guys being serious here? Did you not read the article and reports from users on the web?

Is it a crap port? No. Is it a good port? No.

Definitely has major problems, as does the 360 version.. but the PS3 version is the worst one out of the bunch. Worst one. Worst. How is that "Heavily Optimized"

I am assuming you meant to quote the guy who linked the article about the ps3 optimization since I never said that.

#6021 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Can someone help me out? I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 (not for me I hate the game lol) for my friend and brother. I pre-ordered one copy in store and another on Bestbuy.com for in store pickup. I never got my $20 for pre-ordering the one online. Is the pre-order bonus of $20 an in store only deal or something? Any help is appreciated!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#6022 mitemouse

mitemouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

the code is entered in Far Cry's in game menu.. thats why the codes looks different.

Well I sent a PM to the gaming forum mods yesterday about the preorder code...

I woke up this morning to 3 emails, one saying I had a private message, and he other 2 saying something along the lines of "the Far Cry 3 access code you requested.."

So I open them up, and lo and behold they're for 360 instead of the PS3 which I had in my message title to them, and each code was 3x4x4x4x4....I have no idea what console that is for, because it most certainly isn't compatible with PS3 or 360...

I politely replied back to the PM I received and asked if they could just send out the correct code, ONCE.

#6023 mitemouse

mitemouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Can someone help me out? I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 (not for me I hate the game lol) for my friend and brother. I pre-ordered one copy in store and another on Bestbuy.com for in store pickup. I never got my $20 for pre-ordering the one online. Is the pre-order bonus of $20 an in store only deal or something? Any help is appreciated!

the $20 bonus is one per a game title..

#6024 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

the $20 bonus is one per a game title..

Awww ok. Thanks!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#6025 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

I used a $20 RZ cert to pay for FC3 with In Store Pick Up. Can I still PM if it goes on sale? I figured I would be able to because on my first receipt it was listed as $59.99, but then the lady at the store gave me a smaller receipt that said "FarCry 3 - $39.99" so I'm not really sure right now.

#6026 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

u needed 2 RZ accounts & 2 GCU memberships to recieve 2 $20 credits.

I used a $20 RZ cert to pay for FC3 with In Store Pick Up. Can I still PM if it goes on sale? I figured I would be able to because on my first receipt it was listed as $59.99, but then the lady at the store gave me a smaller receipt that said "FarCry 3 - $39.99" so I'm not really sure right now.

Yes, u can pm but b/c u did in-store P?U ur going to have to call & get the pm. Anything done in-store will require a return/rebuy thus nuking the $20. They will put the difference back in ur RZ account.

#6027 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

This thread will be locked since all the 2012 $20 RZ cert. titles have been released. It has been a great promotion, and further discussion can be done in the 2013 thread.