Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#901 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

I didn't want to thread crap in the Newegg thread, so I thought I'd put this here.

I was checking out that $10 off pre-order deal, but I can't see how I wouldn't get a better deal or at the very least the same deal at Best Buy. Has there been a game that hasn't dropped at least $10 after 2 months. With BB's price-match policy I'm basically guaranteed any new release for at least $50, most even less. And I'm not even talking about the ones that come with a bonus gift card. Am I missing something?

The NewEgg $10 promo is really good for portable games like 3DS and Vita games. Best Buy has my money for PS3/X360 games though, like you said with price matching, and unlocked promos.

#902 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

The NewEgg $10 promo is really good for portable games like 3DS and Vita games. Best Buy has my money for PS3/X360 games though, like you said with price matching, and unlocked promos.

Oh, okay. I don't pay much attention to the portable game prices. I saw some people mentioning stuff like GTA5 and thought maybe I was missing something. I'm perfectly fine with BB's 90 day pm policy. It's not even a gamble with how quickly games drop in price.

I haven't checked this thread in awhile. I was hoping Darksiders II would have been added to the list, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I guess I'll just do store pickup for the extra $10.

#903 jimmyy201

jimmyy201

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

If I do preorder and do instore pickup for Madden 13 can I get both the $10 promo and the $20 promo? or only one?

#904 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Oh, okay. I don't pay much attention to the portable game prices. I saw some people mentioning stuff like GTA5 and thought maybe I was missing something. I'm perfectly fine with BB's 90 day pm policy. It's not even a gamble with how quickly games drop in price.

They are most likely locking in the $10 promo now, and cancel later if a better offer comes along later. NewEgg usually sell pre-orders near launch for $47.99 anyways.

If I do preorder and do instore pickup for Madden 13 can I get both the $10 promo and the $20 promo? or only one?

You get both. Make sure you pick it up on release date or anytime before 8/31.

#905 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

They are most likely locking in the $10 promo now, and cancel later if a better offer comes along later. NewEgg usually sell pre-orders near launch for $47.99 anyways.

But you usually need to use a promo code to get that $47.99 price, right? The $10 promo says it cannot be stacked with any other promo code or discount.

#906 jimmyy201

jimmyy201

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

You get both. Make sure you pick it up on release date or anytime before 8/31.

Thanks.

#907 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

But you usually need to use a promo code to get that $47.99 price, right? The $10 promo says it cannot be stacked with any other promo code or discount.

Yeah that is correct, just saying that NewEgg usually offers pre-orders near release date for $47.99 so pre-ordering a $59.99 game with $10 promo code from them is most likely not the best deal.

Majority of CAGs probably just locking in for now and cancel later.

#908 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

Well, at least I'm not totally out of the loop. I thought I was missing something in that thread. Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy, htz. :lol:

#909 AdemaSlipknotX

AdemaSlipknotX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

Does Best Buy charge immediately for preorders? Considering doing Madden 13 as well for the $20/$10. But if was immediately, then I would have to wait a little while.

#910 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

Does 2 pre-order's get u to sliver and also if u use them do you lose sliver

#911 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

Does Best Buy charge immediately for preorders? Considering doing Madden 13 as well for the $20/$10. But if was immediately, then I would have to wait a little while.

They put a hold for the amount and then it goes away and then they change couple days before it release

#912 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Does 2 pre-order's get u to sliver and also if u use them do you lose sliver

A sliver of what?

#913 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

A sliver of what?

a sliver of silver.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#914 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

They'll put a hold on your account, but they technically can't charge you until you pick up the item.

#915 MeteoSparkZero

MeteoSparkZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

I'll have to join the Gamer Unlocked thing when I get the chance before preordering Borderlands 2.

#916 wargod

wargod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

So the only 2 games you can get $30 credit is

NCAA Football 13 July 10 / July 17
Madden NFL 13 August 28 / September 4

because the rest of the games don't release until sometime after 8/31.

I didn't read all 11 pages, but is it confirmed to be $20 per game?

It says:

Get $20 in Reward Certificates
As a Reward Zone® Gamers Club Unlocked member, receive $20 in Reward Certificates for each select game you pre-order and purchase.

#917 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

It says:

As a Reward Zone® Gamers Club Unlocked member, receive $20 in Reward Certificates for each select game you pre-order and purchase.

Your answer is in the OP, confirmed by a BB rep that you can earn up to 12 $20 GC.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#918 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

It says:

You can't get the $30 from NCAA anymore. Only a $10 code for doing the store pick up.

#919 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Do they usually remove games from the list? I swear earlier this week Dishonored on PC was part of the $20 bonus, but not anymore.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#920 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

On the preorder card that all the Best Buys I go to have, there is a Games for Windows SKU, so if you get them to scan that.... I doubt it's out of the system, but it's gone online. It was advertised so if you don't get your $20, I doubt it'd take more than five minutes to get it in a phone call.

#921 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

On the preorder card that all the Best Buys I go to have, there is a Games for Windows SKU, so if you get them to scan that.... I doubt it's out of the system, but it's gone online. It was advertised so if you don't get your $20, I doubt it'd take more than five minutes to get it in a phone call.

The problem is I haven't pre-ordered yet :( It was on the list earlier and I was going to, but I put it off, went to do it today and it's not there. I guess I could go for the PS3 version, but still, was really thinking PC.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#922 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

wait BB PM policy is 60 days and unfortunately not 90 days (someone mentioned 90) right?

still waiting to PM NCAA 13

#923 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

ncaa is 49.99 at gs right now

#924 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

wait BB PM policy is 60 days and unfortunately not 90 days (someone mentioned 90) right?

think its 30 days and 45 days for silver members
Posted Image

#925 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

still waiting to PM NCAA 13

Yeah, that was me. At first I said 2 months and then accidentally typed 90 days. It's 60 days for Silver members (they recently extended it from 45), 30 for everyone else.

#926 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

ncaa is 49.99 at gs right now

Thanks. Now I have to figure out how to show "proof" to price match an online order. Will they just call them since they don't match websites?

#927 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

think its 30 days and 45 days for silver members

Silver status is 60 days -- it went up from 45 back in June.

Thanks. Now I have to figure out how to show "proof" to price match an online order. Will they just call them since they don't match websites?

In my experience, if you placed an order on bestbuy.com and want to PM, the CS rep you speak to will call your local Gamestop (or whatever retailer you are tryin to PM) to see if the they have the game in stock. The only proof you need over the phone is you stating what the price is at another retailer, then they will call them and follow up on it. Good luck!
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#928 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Best Buy 100% matches websites, the only stipulation is that it is supposed to be "available in store for the same price." Typically though they simply check the website to confirm the price (if you don't have it in front of you on your phone or whatever). Technically they don't price match Amazon/Newegg/etc., but Gamestop, yes.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#929 Drakbak

Drakbak

CAG'n All Night Long!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

The same deal is available in stores, so they'll just have to call the local store to verify availability/price.

#930 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks everyone.