Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#931 GTCrash

GTCrash

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

ncaa is 49.99 at gs right now

I tried to PM this Friday night and got the bogus reasoning that BB can't PM this because Gamestop doesn't include the 5 star QB DLC like BB did.

Didn't get around to trying it again until Monday night, just now. And holy Fuck, I got *the same rep*. :roll: Really??? I don't think she remembered me, but she sure remembered her go-to PM denial excuse.

Oh well, tried a 3rd time and finally got someone else. Jose hooked me up :applause:

#932 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

I called CS and IDK if the guy called but im pretty sure he just checked the website and was like "Is this in-store?" and I told him yeah. Then he credited me back 10.

#933 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Yeah with the 44.99 tru the lady called and checked and everything and then I called again right after and the lady checked the website and gave it

#934 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Best Buy 100% matches websites, the only stipulation is that it is supposed to be "available in store for the same price." Typically though they simply check the website to confirm the price (if you don't have it in front of you on your phone or whatever). Technically they don't price match Amazon/Newegg/etc., but Gamestop, yes.

Well they price match Amazon now. They started to do so 3 weeks ago as per a couple of posters on these boards(1 of which said he works at BB). Not sure what thread it was but I def remember reading those posts.

#935 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

I thought that was for bb canada?

#936 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

Well they price match Amazon now. They started to do so 3 weeks ago as per a couple of posters on these boards(1 of which said he works at BB). Not sure what thread it was but I def remember reading those posts.

US policy hasn't been updated since March and it still states...
"The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices"

#937 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

As you say, the website has not been updated since March and this went into effect July 17. From what I understand, this is only a pilot program to be set up in states where Amazon collects sales tax. This is from a Texas Best Buy store.

http://forum.blu-ray...21&d=1342635613

#938 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:55 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=325830

This is the thread where I first heard of the discussion and then I continued research on my own from there. Unfortunately, I have nothing on Amazon I want BB to price match right now so I can't put it to the test just yet(my state collects sales tax from Amazon) and no, I don't want Street Fighter x Tekken

#939 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

My understanding is that they only officially match Amazon prices in Canada at the moment. Test run if you will.

This is referring to products marked as "online only." As I said before, the asterisk in their price matching competitors websites is that it needs to be available in store for the same price; this does also mean that if the store matches their online prices that Best Buy will match it as well. Case and point, Toys R Us will match their online prices, Walmart (and in many cases Target) will not. So technically, as everything on Walmart.com is online only pricing, you can not price match Walmart.com but you can price match Toysrus.com (and I have many times in the past) per Best Buy's PM policy.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#940 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

forgot all about darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs releasing next week. guess there's no way they'll be added to the $20 promo list.

#941 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

My understanding is that they only officially match Amazon prices in Canada at the moment. Test run if you will.

This is referring to products marked as "online only." As I said before, the asterisk in their price matching competitors websites is that it needs to be available in store for the same price; this does also mean that if the store matches their online prices that Best Buy will match it as well. Case and point, Toys R Us will match their online prices, Walmart (and in many cases Target) will not. So technically, as everything on Walmart.com is online only pricing, you can not price match Walmart.com but you can price match Toysrus.com (and I have many times in the past) per Best Buy's PM policy.

My comment was referencing Amazon, which has no b&m presence

#942 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

forgot all about darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs releasing next week. guess there's no way they'll be added to the $20 promo list.

I was really hoping for a deal on Sleeping Dogs! Guess we still have the $10 off promo.

#943 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

On the preorder card that all the Best Buys I go to have, there is a Games for Windows SKU, so if you get them to scan that.... I doubt it's out of the system, but it's gone online. It was advertised so if you don't get your $20, I doubt it'd take more than five minutes to get it in a phone call.

PC versions are not and have never been included in the offer. The preorder card has no mention of the $20 offer, so it is not included.

#944 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

I was able to pricematch a blender (ok, a Margaritaville frozen conconction maker;) ) with a printout from amazon.com (and later brought a receipt from target where I purchased the same product on clearance for 70% off and got another pricematch). Of course YMMV depending on what manager is working that day

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#945 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

I asked the guy in the local store about darksiders 2 weeks ago, and he said he was going to suggest it.

Since its also being released for the WiiU, and we'll be picking that up for our existing wii games and accessories, waiting to see what new goodies the put in the wii U release, it might be a good coincedence.

Depends of course how much they want to sell the wii U for.

#946 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

I was able to pricematch a blender (ok, a Margaritaville frozen conconction maker;) ) with a printout from amazon.com (and later brought a receipt from target where I purchased the same product on clearance for 70% off and got another pricematch). Of course YMMV depending on what manager is working that day

Why would you need 2 Margaritaville frozen concoction makers?
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#947 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

My comment was referencing Amazon, which has no b&m presence

wtf I uploaded an pic showing a big official sign specifically stating Best Buy now matches Amazon.com in my post(when I said this was in a texas store, that's what I was referring to). Was it deleted by a mod? Well, I'm at work now on my laptop and that image was on my desktop so I guess I'll try it tonight when I get home.

#948 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

wtf I uploaded an pic showing a big official sign specifically stating Best Buy now matches Amazon.com in my post(when I said this was in a texas store, that's what I was referring to). Was it deleted by a mod? Well, I'm at work now on my laptop and that image was on my desktop so I guess I'll try it tonight when I get home.

Ok here it is...

http://forum.blu-ray...21&d=1342635613

Edited by inky1600, 07 August 2012 - 04:43 PM.
content

#949 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Gonna have to pre order borderlands 2 and nba. Especially since I bought some Take Two shares recently.

#950 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Why would you need 2 Margaritaville frozen concoction makers?

after the pm, returned the one to target since I used cash for it and trade-in credit at bb

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#951 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

Everything posted in the other thread was people price matching Amazon in the US in store. Canada has been doing it alot longer I guess(I have no idea-maybe it was that division's idea), but I was just talking about the pilot program that started a few weeks ago and that was US. Note that this is only in store and not online:BB.com still doesn't price match Amazon and that was never reported by anyone

#952 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

bump couldn't find the thread.

Maybe we should add a list of preorder bonuses for each game, so people will know what they should receive via email or instore.

#953 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

bump couldn't find the thread.

Maybe we should add a list of preorder bonuses for each game, so people will know what they should receive via email or instore.

Or we could just add the link for the Pre-order Bonuses thread--every game other than FIFA Soccer '13, NBA 2K13, Black Ops II, and Halo 4 is listed in there: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=297423

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#954 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Shame the Gamestop pre-order bonus for Sleeping Dogs wasnt switched with Best Buy's. Would have been perfect for me. Oh well.

#955 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Or we could just add the link for the Pre-order Bonuses thread--every game other than FIFA Soccer '13, NBA 2K13, Black Ops II, and Halo 4 is listed in there: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=297423

Nice thread, but it is missing the physical bonuses like the AC3 Steelbook.

#956 gamereck

gamereck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

Just last weekend I ordered 13 to 15 games from newegg which had a 10 coupon. All the games I purchased averaged 49.99 no taxes free shipping. I think I will take the up front savings.

#957 te619

te619

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Nice thread, but it is missing the physical bonuses like the AC3 Steelbook.

Maybe this link is better:

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat219000050042

I think it has all the bonuses.

#958 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Was hoping they'd toss Guild Wars 2 into their $20 preorder promo since even the $10 in-store pickup doesn't qualify with PC games. Guess it's Amazon with their $5 credit.

#959 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

My local BB price matches Amazon as well - they're actually listed as one of the options for the CSR to pick when doing an adjustment.
Posted Image

#960 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

A sliver of what?

Premier Silver