Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#961 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

For those that have sucessfully recieve the $10 pick up promo; is BB sending a $10 off code to your email or are they sending $10 worth of RZ pts?
"The savings code will be e-mailed up to 5 days after you pick up your order."
Im hope its the 1st option. since im having trouble connecting mr rz account to my BB account. XD

#962 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Ok here it is...

http://forum.blu-ray...21&d=1342635613

The X doesn't mention Amazon ;)

You have a nice store to PM them for you.

This was Best Buy forum post with an official Best Buy rep responding on 7/19/12.
http://forums.bestbu...012/td-p/549700

#963 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

Will they let me price match new egg prices i did for the preorders so I can get the 20 dollar gift card? I have 4 games that can get the 20 dollars but will they let me price match?

#964 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

The X doesn't mention Amazon ;)

You have a nice store to PM them for you.

This was Best Buy forum post with an official Best Buy rep responding on 7/19/12.
http://forums.bestbu...012/td-p/549700

I saw that thread over a week ago so no big insight there;) Anyway, like I said, the pilot started on 7/18 so the mod there likely was not even aware of it yet. Also, I read those BB forums a lot and those guys are quite adept at knowing BB.com stuff but in store action...not so much:-$ They are often surprised to hear in store observations. And no, that's not my store(which did say they now price match amazon), it's a store 2000 miles away lol(Ft.Worth Texas) where someone was brave enough to take a pic and post it for me. I used to work in retail years ago and picture taking was a no no so I was afraid to do it here(times have prob changed though). I don't shop Amazon unless it's one of those Gold Box deals, anyway so I really don't need them to PM them. In fact, BB game deals are so awesome, I really only find myself PM BB itself! Once in awhile, I'll ask for GS PM. Just reporting what I found out...peace

#965 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Just do double confirm i can pre-order and buy the game with only rz certs and still get the 20 bucks correct?

#966 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Just do double confirm i can pre-order and buy the game with only rz certs and still get the 20 bucks correct?

Yes, although you'll have a heck of a difficult time later on if the game you bought drops in price within the price-match time window and you want to get some of your money back--RZ certificates lower the cost of items (and thus the tax) and do not function like gift cards which are a form of payment.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#967 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

So using rz certs would be a bad idea for price matching purposes even if i were to pay with 10 dollars rz cert and the rest in cash?

#968 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

How much does it cost to become part of Reward Zone unlocked?

210452.png

#969 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

How much does it cost to become part of Reward Zone unlocked?

I know you have access to the internet.

#970 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

I know you have access to the internet.

Thank you kind sir I am forever in your debt, it's rough browsing on your phone

#971 thelwig14

thelwig14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Yes, although you'll have a heck of a difficult time later on if the game you bought drops in price within the price-match time window and you want to get some of your money back--RZ certificates lower the cost of items (and thus the tax) and do not function like gift cards which are a form of payment.

If you price match on an item that used reward zone certs, after all forms of payment are used, you have the option to apply the gift certs to a new item or it will go back on your account.

But to make it easy, only use gift certs on items you absolutely know you won't return and always put about 20% of the purchase on your card/cash.

#972 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

i really wish sleeping dogs was part of this deal

#973 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

i really wish sleeping dogs was part of this deal

For the future, go vote for it here (up arrow next to the first post) and maybe add a post/comment to request a specific title.

#974 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

Anybody get their $20 released in their account for NCAA yet?

#975 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

Anybody get their $20 released in their account for NCAA yet?

I got mine last week. It was $20 in RZ points.

#976 kratier

kratier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

you have to pay 15$ for a yearly subscription , to get 20$ off your next purchase?
seems silly

#977 9Tale

9Tale

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

you have to pay 15$ for a yearly subscription , to get 20$ off your next purchase?
seems silly

It's called having a value incentive.

#978 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

seems silly

You do know this available on more than just one title, right? And you also get additional benefits (2x points on new games, accessories, 10% bonus on software trade-in, 10% off preowned games, points on your trades, 10 issues of @Gamer, at least $100 of offers per issue of @Gamer, additional offers - see Zelda this week, etc.).

#979 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

That would be silly except most of us are getting more than one game so we pay 15 and get 80 dollars in credit AND we get other bonuses like the @gamer mag with coupons: I'll personally be picking up KoA: R as a gift for my gf and more coupons every month.
Edit: I look like a crazy person because I forgot to quote

Edited by Ashtaar, 15 August 2012 - 11:16 PM.
edit: Forgot to quote.

210452.png

#980 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

I got mine last week. It was $20 in RZ points.

are you sure that is rz points and not an emailed gift card?

I received $20 rz points on August 9. Did anyone else receive it on Aug. 9? I can't tell whether this is from the ncaa 13 or if it was issued due to my other purchases.

#981 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

check your rz account and see purchases made on july 9th and it most likely will be ncaa

#982 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

check your rz account and see purchases made on july 9th and it most likely will be ncaa

yup, it was july 9 on myrewardzone. thanks.

#983 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

So madden 13 with $20 off and $10 off. is it still a good deal? Also i have never done the pick up in store with game, i can just pay with gift card right?

How much do you think the trade in price after the first week release? in case i dont like this game?
Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#984 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

seems silly

Break down your statement
1-you pay $15 for a yearly subscription
so you're in the best gaming program around hands down for 1 yr & you're getting access to the best game deals.

The $20 credit is just another part of the benefits of the program but even if you did just get unlocked for 1 game really break it down.

Pay $15
Get a game for $60
get a $20 credit on 30 days

get at least $10 back via pm from the $60(most times you'll get $20) which will negate most if not all the $15 spent & you still have the game you want cheaper on day 1 & $20 credit for another title.

Since you have $20 credit you can then turn around & use it on another game that gets $20 credit...rinse/repeat/save/succeed.

#985 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

So I don't suppose there's any way on god's green earth that some Best Buy employee might be talked into making an exception and doing the $20 deal for a PC version of these games?

I don't think so but I figured I'd ask and see if anyone else had any luck getting them to do it.

I want Dishonored and that damned whale lamp but I'm not paying $60 for it with no $20 bonus when the same console versions are getting that. If that's the case I'll just wait for a Steam sale and live without the lamp.

Edited by Motoki, 16 August 2012 - 07:03 PM.
typos

steam_sig.png

#986 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

No, there isn't. Pretty sure they don't even get to make the call on that one. Sorry, Motoki.

Finalized my version of this deal last week after PS All Stars got pushed back (Good news for Dishonored).

NCAA 13 (Already bought)
Madden 13 (Preordered)
Borderlands 2 (Preordered)
Resident Evil 6
NBA 2K12
Dishonored
Assassin's Creed 3
COD Black Ops 2

This is seriously a good deal and, because of it, I'll be buying most of my games from BB this fall, even ones not on the list (LBP Karting, WWE 13, PS All Stars) and hoping to PM.

#987 ps3gamer35

ps3gamer35

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

I've seen a few different answers to this question and I should probably know this since I've been BB silver for a year years. However, my question is if I was to pay for a game lets say Madden with 20 dollars worth of Reward Zone Certficates (other 40 in cash), does that mean I couldn't price match the game if it falls to 39.99 somewhere? I believe I read from some that RZ certs drop the actual price of the game where as others say I could still PM. I'm confused...

#988 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

I don't know the official rule, but I know that I have been able to PM games in the past when using a RZ cert. I did it last year for Batman and Battlefield 3. They're supposed to return it to your account but I had a guy who gave me cash when I PMed Battlefield.

#989 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Has any one traded in NCAA 13 with there reward zone card? And not got points taken away from there reward zone?

#990 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

I traded in NCAA a few days after release (I didn't like it) during the 50% bonus. I got $43.20 for it then ($27 x 1.6). Both the NCAA 1000 bonus RZ posted and the points for the trade in as well. I wouldn't do it multiple times, for cost reasons and to avoid possibly getting flagged, but it was okay for me.\