Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1111 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

So, can i jsut preorder 4 games for $20 and get $80 in certificates then just never go pick up the games?

Might want to read the original post. Requires preorder AND purchase of the titles within a select window of launch for each title.

#1112 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Anyone remember what day prior to NCAA coming out that the $20 offer disappeared online? I really want to try to make it out to BB to trade in some games to put towards Madden but I know it's getting close. I tried searching but that was turning into a pain in the ass and I was hoping someone might just remember.

I'd say get it done by Friday/Saturday.

#1113 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

To those who pre-ordered Madden and if the TRU price of $45 holds Tuesday, would it be wiser to try and pick up and PM the game at the midnight launch or do it when they open in the morning? I haven't been to a BB midnight launch but I'd guess that there wouldn't even be someone at the CS desk, just people ringing up the game.

#1114 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

I haven't been to a BB midnight launch but I'd guess that there wouldn't even be someone at the CS desk, just people ringing up the game.

Wait a minute...which stores are doing the midnight launch of Madden? Any link available? Thanks.

#1115 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

Is there a way to check and make sure your reward zone account was linked to an order?

#1116 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Is there a way to check and make sure your reward zone account was linked to an order?

Even if it wasn't you can always add it yourself (if you have the receipt) on the reward zone website.

#1117 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Wait a minute...which stores are doing the midnight launch of Madden? Any link available? Thanks.

http://www.bestbuy.c...es&nrp=15&iht=n

On the left side, just under the Madden banner.

#1118 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

yes just go to myrz.com and it will show the game and say 1000 points pending. takes about 30 days for points to be turned into rz certs.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1119 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...es&nrp=15&iht=n

On the left side, just under the Madden banner.

Nice. My store is actually participating. Thanks a lot for the link. Appreciate it.

Has anyone gone to a midnight release before and if so, is it just for people who pre-ordered the game or it doesnt matter? Thanks.

#1120 erdmanski1341

erdmanski1341

On Wisconsin!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Nice. My store is actually participating. Thanks a lot for the link. Appreciate it.

Has anyone gone to a midnight release before and if so, is it just for people who pre-ordered the game or it doesnt matter? Thanks.

i'm not sure if it varies by store, but the ones in Madison, WI I went to for Madden or Call of Duty always had tons of extra copies for people that didn't preorder. but i would say most people that are going at midnight to get a game probably preordered it anyways
Posted Image

#1121 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

i'm not sure if it varies by store, but the ones in Madison, WI I went to for Madden or Call of Duty always had tons of extra copies for people that didn't preorder. but i would say most people that are going at midnight to get a game probably preordered it anyways

Thats true. I just wanted to know and yeah, I did pre-order it since its part of this promo. Shame I didnt pay attention to this promo prior to NCAA being released. Oh well.

And can anything else be purchased at the midnight launch? Or is it just for Madden?

#1122 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Anyone remember what day prior to NCAA coming out that the $20 offer disappeared online? I really want to try to make it out to BB to trade in some games to put towards Madden but I know it's getting close. I tried searching but that was turning into a pain in the ass and I was hoping someone might just remember.

I successfuly preordered Monday morning before work (7:00am central). Later that day people were posting they could no longer preorder online. So if that holds early Monday morning is the cutoff.

#1123 Garlik Bakery

Garlik Bakery

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

When at the payment section for a pre-order online, it tells me in the reward zone section that my current status is "core". That just reflects that I'm not silver but am still a Gamer Club Unlocked member though... right?

#1124 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

When at the payment section for a pre-order online, it tells me in the reward zone section that my current status is "core". That just reflects that I'm not silver but am still a Gamer Club Unlocked member though... right?

Yeah, it will say core if you are not silver and in GCU. Mines still says core. The only place it shows the unlocked is in your actual reward zone account.

#1125 Garlik Bakery

Garlik Bakery

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Yeah, it will say core if you are not silver and in GCU. Mines still says core. The only place it shows the unlocked is in your actual reward zone account.

Thanks a ton!

#1126 NLMagic

NLMagic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Heres a random question... i looked through the OP but didnt see a definite answer. I still have the buy 2 get 1 free coupon from my welcome packet.... if i preorder 1 copy of madden 13 and buy 2 more the day it comes out can i use the coupon and still get the 20 and 10 dollar credits?

#1127 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

Heres a random question... i looked through the OP but didnt see a definite answer. I still have the buy 2 get 1 free coupon from my welcome packet.... if i preorder 1 copy of madden 13 and buy 2 more the day it comes out can i use the coupon and still get the 20 and 10 dollar credits?

From the OP (inside the 'FAQ' spoiler):

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?

You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

In a word: no.

#1128 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

No, because in order to apply the coupon to the pre-ordered game they'd have to do a return/rebuy on it. That would void your $10 coupon and $20 rz bonuses.

#1129 htz

htz

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Plus the welcome kit coupon is Buy 2 Get 1 Free up to $39.99.

#1130 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

I thought some new titles were going to be added? Unless I missed something, it doesn't seem like any new titles have been added since this was announced (except maybe Black Ops 2).

#1131 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

Been really busy lately, so I skipped a lot of posts. I just want to make sure this is correct before I preorder...

I can PO madden for store pickup and use a $30 RZ cert and still get the $10 code right?

I can also still pm since half of it is on my CC, even though the receipt will say $29.99 on it right?

#1132 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

1) Yes.
2) Yes, but they'll probably return RZ points before they start returning money to your card.

#1133 Exodo

Exodo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

The only bad thing about this is that they never include pc games

#1134 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

The only bad thing about this is that they never include pc games

Damn. I was going to go tomorrow to finally get a Gamers Club membership, that may derail that plan. On the other hand, the monthly coupons are worth it, no?

#1135 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

Damn. I was going to go tomorrow to finally get a Gamers Club membership, that may derail that plan. On the other hand, the monthly coupons are worth it, no?

The coupons rock

Man you people are cheap.

#1136 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Been really busy lately, so I skipped a lot of posts. I just want to make sure this is correct before I preorder...

I can PO madden for store pickup and use a $30 RZ cert and still get the $10 code right?

I can also still pm since half of it is on my CC, even though the receipt will say $29.99 on it right?

if you can pay another way pay another way people have reported that the rz cert has caused them to not get a code and some people reported getting it with the rz cert

#1137 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

Any way to verify you'll be included in the deal? I signed into myrz.com and it says I am part of the Gamers Club Unlocked. I preordered Borderlands 2 and FIFA 13 on I think Monday this week, and I preordered Madden 13 online last night. Or is it just a wait it out kind of thing?

I'm just wondering because as much as I love Best Buy and their deals, the employees always seem to tell me different things all the time. Very friendly, but they don't know whats going on half the time. Can't blame them for not being all knowing with a part time job but I'd like to know lol.

Zarski843.jpg

#1138 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

Any way to verify you'll be included in the deal? I signed into myrz.com and it says I am part of the Gamers Club Unlocked. I preordered Borderlands 2 and FIFA 13 on I think Monday this week, and I preordered Madden 13 online last night. Or is it just a wait it out kind of thing?

You just need to be a GCU member at the time of pickup, and I think you have to buy the game within its launch week. It doesn't matter if you were GCU member at the time of preordering. You can even sign up for GCU on the same receipt that you get your first game.

#1139 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

You just need to be a GCU member at the time of pickup, and I think you have to buy the game within its launch week. It doesn't matter if you were GCU member at the time of preordering. You can even sign up for GCU on the same receipt that you get your first game.

Gotcha, I appreciate it :) I just have to double check because I never know with what I'm told there. When I went in to preorder, the girl told me that it was a past promotion where they gave a $20 gift card that day if you preordered the game and bought the magazine for $5. Wut?

Zarski843.jpg

#1140 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

Dammit, while waiting for my $10 code to come in to use on Madden pre-order, Madden went in unavailable status for in store pickup, so no double dipping on madden for me, guess thats what I get for waiting too too long even though I know damn well they will have more than enough copies in store.