Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1171 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Wish WWE 13' was on the list!

#1172 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Is BB giving out any extras for tonight's Madden midnight launch?

#1173 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

I know, but I have BB credit I'd prefer to use. Will probably go with Amazon though since BB has no incentive other than me just not having to use real money.

You can use BB credit to buy Amazon giftcards in store.

#1174 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

You went to the store to preorder? Why not preorder online and get the extra $10? It is still available for preorder online right now...

Sorry, I meant I pre ordered online for my local store, since it shows stock now. Update: I just got emailed 2 Andrew Luck codes.

#1175 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Where the hell do you redeem the Andrew Luck code?

#1176 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Where the hell do you redeem the Andrew Luck code?

Madden in game menu

#1177 merlin803

merlin803

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

I preordered the Madden game using a BB gift card and because on line it showed that it was not available for preorder at any store near me, I chose shipping (free being a silver premiere member).

It was available to preorder and pickup this morning and I wanted to be able to pick it up tomorrow plus get the additional $10 off promo for in store pickup.

The question is how can I still get the $20 preorder Gamers Unlocked bonus for preordering if it is limited to one per title and I cancel my original order?

#1178 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

I preordered the Madden game using a BB gift card and because on line it showed that it was not available for preorder at any store near me, I chose shipping (free being a silver premiere member).

It was available to preorder and pickup this morning and I wanted to be able to pick it up tomorrow plus get the additional $10 off promo for in store pickup.

The question is how can I still get the $20 preorder Gamers Unlocked bonus for preordering if it is limited to one per title and I cancel my original order?

Most of us CAGs can only speculate as to what happens when you cancel a pre-order and then redo it for the titles that are part of the $20 promo. I would suggest you to ask a Best Buy community connector about it on the Best Buy forums.

#1179 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Who's gonna b ticked if you don't get the $20 + $10 Madden preorder in-store pick-up perks? I would but I am chancing it. I'll call if it don't work out.

#1180 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

We got it for ncaa so it'll most likely worked

#1181 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Since my NCAA order went smoothly, I have no fears about getting the RZ Cert. The DLC should be in my email sometime tomorrow afternoon/Wednesday morning too.

I'm not doing the in-store pickup thing, but only because I prefer PMing in-store as I've never been turned down before.

#1182 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

We got it for ncaa so it'll most likely worked

This. Everything worked perfectly for NCAA.

#1183 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

As always, all of the Best Buy employees at my store have NO idea what is going on.

So my question is: I preordered Madden 13 and did an in-store pickup today. I know there was a promotion for a $10 gift card/code or something if you did in-store pick-up. Of course they had no idea what I was talking about.

Where/how will I get this $10 card/code?

EDIT: Can you get this code multiple times? I just placed a separate order for an in-store pick-up just now because it doesn't ship.

Zarski843.jpg

#1184 247

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

As always, all of the Best Buy employees at my store have NO idea what is going on.

So my question is: I preordered Madden 13 and did an in-store pickup today. I know there was a promotion for a $10 gift card/code or something if you did in-store pick-up. Of course they had no idea what I was talking about.

Where/how will I get this $10 card/code?

EDIT: Can you get this code multiple times? I just placed a separate order for an in-store pick-up just now because it doesn't ship.

Wrong thread.

#1185 Zarski843

Zarski843

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Wrong thread.

Where would this go? :cry:

Zarski843.jpg

#1186 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Where would this go? :cry:

There's a specific thread for the $10 pickup deal, but your question was answered earlier on this very page.

It will be emailed to you within 5 days.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1187 Zarski843

Zarski843

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

There's a specific thread for the $10 pickup deal, but your question was answered earlier on this very page.

It will be emailed to you within 5 days.

Derrr, sorry about that! Thanks :)

Zarski843.jpg

#1188 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

TRU's price for Madden is still $45 online. Hoping it sticks around for another 3+ hours so I can get my PM on later today.

Edit: Store Pickup Not Available is now showing. Booty. I'll still try it. Couldn't hurt.

#1189 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

TRU's price for Madden is still $45 online. Hoping it sticks around for another 3+ hours so I can get my PM on later today.

Edit: Store Pickup Not Available is now showing. Booty. I'll still try it. Couldn't hurt.

Just picked mine up and they were going to price match (return/rebuy) but they then said they couldn't do it for 2 hours. I was kinda worried about still getting the $20 credit if they did that anyway. Also it was showing not available for in store pickup before I left.

#1190 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

If you ordered online for store pickup are you calling or going in store for the price match?

Preordered in-store a few weeks ago. I'm not a fan of PMing games over the phone (and $10 isn't enough to make me want to). I tried to do it with NCAA and I got the run around for 15-20 minutes and gave up. But if you order online with in-store, you need to call in.

Just picked mine up and they were going to price match (return/rebuy) but they then said they couldn't do it for 2 hours. I was kinda worried about still getting the $20 credit if they did that anyway. Also it was showing not available for in store pickup before I left.

Yeah? With in-store pickup, I shouldn't have that problem and the girls at my local store are always super helpful, so I'll definitely try it. Thanks.

#1191 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Where does it say on toys r us that madden is $44.99? When I put it n the cart, it says $59.99

And how are gonna go in store if all online orders (including in store pick ups) have to be price matched onuh the phone?

Yep back to regular price

#1192 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Fuck. I knew it wouldn't hold for the west coast. Damn. I'll just have to play the long PM game then.

#1193 Faulkjr22

Faulkjr22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

My Luck code will NOT work. Tried entering it every way possible on the Madden main screen. Never even got my Rice or Walsh code. BB is the most unorganized company ever. ALL the people who didnt preorder were out of the store (20 or so) before my buddy and I, and we were the ONLY ones there who preordered it. What the hell is the point of even preordering. They couldnt figure out how to redeem our preorders. My buddies didnt even show up in their system. He paid for it in full already. They literally just handed him the game and said ok we cant find it so we will try and figure it out tomorrow. A random guy picking up Walking Dead on Blu recommended them having him sign something that he already picked it up. Their response was "good idea" and they had him sign a piece of paper. WTF? Awful company.

#1194 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

I know, but I have BB credit I'd prefer to use. Will probably go with Amazon though since BB has no incentive other than me just not having to use real money.

30/60 day price match protection window could be anywhere from $10-$30 back depending on the game & 2X RZ points gets you close to another $5 credit also.

Even if you don't use the $5 pre-order when you p/u the game you will still have met the needed requirements to get the $20. I've misplaced pre-orders before & just bought the game for full price they points came thru w/o a problem. There was only 1 issue maybe 2 yrs a go where I had to call but once they saw the pre-order wasn't cancelled prior to purchase they instant credited the $10 to my RZ account. Also, BB forums reps have confirmed it as well.

#1195 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

My Luck code will NOT work. Tried entering it every way possible on the Madden main screen. Never even got my Rice or Walsh code. BB is the most unorganized company ever. ALL the people who didnt preorder were out of the store (20 or so) before my buddy and I, and we were the ONLY ones there who preordered it. What the hell is the point of even preordering. They couldnt figure out how to redeem our preorders. My buddies didnt even show up in their system. He paid for it in full already. They literally just handed him the game and said ok we cant find it so we will try and figure it out tomorrow. A random guy picking up Walking Dead on Blu recommended them having him sign something that he already picked it up. Their response was "good idea" and they had him sign a piece of paper. WTF? Awful company.

Just be patient for the Walsh and Rice codes. It took me 3 days after pickup for my Darksiders Avatar DLC and my code was emailed to me.

Edited by Donut2922, 28 August 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#1196 PRrambo

PRrambo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

So its going to take 30 days for me to get the $20 code? Guy at the register did not really know

#1197 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Make sure whoever helps you does not return/rebuy the game because you won't qualify for the $20 pre-order promo. Happened to me when I tried to PM the Max Payne 3 coupon the RZ site had shortly after release. I sent an email to whoever was taking care of MP3 issues on the BB forum and they confirmed that was the case.

#1198 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

So its going to take 30 days for me to get the $20 code? Guy at the register did not really know

Yes. The $20 comes in the form of RZ certificate. It will be reflected in your rz page.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1199 PRrambo

PRrambo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yes. The $20 comes in the form of RZ certificate. It will be reflected in your rz page.

Ah, I see. Thank you for being more of a help than the the people at best buy 8-)

#1200 thelwig14

thelwig14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

BB clowns Amazon. Price protection is the single greatest incentive there is and that doesn't even get into the other areas BB has advantages.

95% of my purchases the past 5 years were bought at the same price amazon has but were also pricematched within the time period (now 60 days) and also gained many, many reward zone certs.

The other 5% were bought at or lower than amazon's price.