Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1381 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

Ugh that is so dumb, I've bought at least $200 worth a games in the past couple months with gift cards and have been wondering where my points were

Not dumb at all, say you bought $200 worth a BB GC & then used them to buy something
200 RZ points on the purchase of the GC & then another 200 RZ points on the purchase = double dipping. There's been mentio of pitch in cards earning points though but what I do is convert the BB credit to a pre-paid visa then get walmart GC which can be used to get a pre-paid visa from walmart which earns points but you gotta factor in fees on both ends.

I was told by the guy at the gaming desk that "The Last of Us" will be added to the promo in the near future.

It may be added to a new promo but this promo is set they already have booklets with all the games in store. As always you can vote for additional games to get $20 credits in the future here

http://forums.bestbu...mo/idi-p/531520

Per title only. Would be sweet if it was per platform, but no such luck.

Gotta get a 2nd RZ account...wife, GF, mom, dad, sister, brother whoever. My mom & sis have em

Ah well, guess I'll wait til black Friday when the game will be $30

B/C of the games release date & the extended holiday pm time period(for all not just silver) it still makes more sense to get the game with this promo then pm for the cheaper price. $30-$35 + $20 credit is better than $30-$35

#1382 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

When/how long is that extended holiday PM time?

Last 2 yrs it started in mid Oct & lasted till mid late Feb. that's another primary reason to grab the late AAA titles @ BB b/c you know the way games drop in price already plus there's gonna be weekly sales galore thru the holidays & then again thru early 2013 since they want people to spend the GC's they got during xmas.

#1383 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Can someone who got the 20 $ rz certificate for ncaa explain how it should show on your account ? Mine shows the purchase for the pre order date and the 118 pending points is the 1000 points separate from that or added with the 118 ?

#1384 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Gotta get a 2nd RZ account...wife, GF, mom, dad, sister, brother whoever. My mom & sis have em.

Oh, I guess I could have finished my entire thought process... Wife and kid both have them too :D

#1385 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but Black Ops 2 is no longer on the list on the BB websight. If I'm not gonna get $20 back (especially for the care package edition), I'll order it from Amazon.

#1386 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

I asked the worker at my store who seems on top of everything and he says you don't see pending points. It just appears after 30 days

#1387 iamdl

iamdl

Black Superman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

I hope the folks who already preordered Black Ops 2 still get the $20 reward points

#1388 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Signed up yesterday. Hopefully there are no issues with getting my reward points when I pick up Borderlands 2, due to the fact that I pre-ordered before I signed up for Unlocked.

#1389 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

I hope the folks who already preordered Black Ops 2 still get the $20 reward points

I hope so, but I'm doubtful. It doesn't say anywhere on the receipt that you get it. Glad I didn't cancel my Amazon pre-order yet.

#1390 Ninjaharley

Ninjaharley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

um, Black ops 2 is still listed on the reward zone websitehttps://myrewardzone...900a76f80095b29,

and the offer is still listed on the black ops search page http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

#1391 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

this has been discussed numerous times. it does not show up on the bestbuy.com list. it will show up on my rewardzone.com under the $20 preorder page, but only if you are logged in.

there are also signs in store with it on there. I think somebody even posted a picture of it a few pages back.

#1392 cficare

cficare

Respek Knuckles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Signed up yesterday. Hopefully there are no issues with getting my reward points when I pick up Borderlands 2, due to the fact that I pre-ordered before I signed up for Unlocked.

Rules state that as long as you are an unlocked member before you pickup the game, you will be good. You can even join unlocked on the pick-up purchase (of the first game you want the credit on) receipt and still qualify. Anything after that, you are SOL.

#1393 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

this has been discussed numerous times. it does not show up on the bestbuy.com list. it will show up on my rewardzone.com under the $20 preorder page, but only if you are logged in.

Thank you, that's so weird. I wonder why that is?

#1394 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

I believe others have said that it is because of Activision creating a stink about Call of Duty being promoted as on sale for release week.

or could simply just be that as technologically advanced as some of the stuff in the stores might be, Best Buy operates on some wonky outdated programming :D

#1395 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

No $20 for NHL 13 right?

#1396 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

unfortunately no. But damn don't I wish it did!

#1397 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Do price adjustments work on sales or only price drops? I figure that most of those titles Black Friday will be 29.99. Seeing as they are releasing so close to it...that'll mean getting $20 per title and then PMing them on BF for a lot less. Would that work?

I see a lot of people claiming to PM within their 60 day window but I wasn't sure if it applied to sale prices. That works?

#1398 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

unfortunately no. But damn don't I wish it did!

Me and you both, buddy.

#1399 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Do price adjustments work on sales or only price drops? I figure that most of those titles Black Friday will be 29.99. Seeing as they are releasing so close to it...that'll mean getting $20 per title and then PMing them on BF for a lot less. Would that work?

I see a lot of people claiming to PM within their 60 day window but I wasn't sure if it applied to sale prices. That works?

Applies to sale prices and price drops. The only thing PM doesn't work on is black friday sales unfortunately

#1400 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Resident Evil 6 -- so, what is the verdict? A buy or a stinker? These are so hit or miss. Anyone find any gameplay videos online? I guess some PS3 copies were stolen and sold in Germany?

#1401 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Resident Evil 6 -- so, what is the verdict? A buy or a stinker? These are so hit or miss. Anyone find any gameplay videos online? I guess some PS3 copies were stolen and sold in Germany?

The PS3 special edition comes with all Resident Evil games (including RE4 HD and RE5 Gold) so along with the $20 back that's a fantastic deal imo. The 360 special edition doesn't come with all games (but does include Code Verionca X HD and a Resident Evil movie).

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#1402 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

The PS3 special edition comes with all Resident Evil games (including RE4 HD and RE5 Gold) so along with the $20 back that's a fantastic deal imo. The 360 special edition doesn't come with all games however.

That special edition is $90, though. Yeah RE4 and 5 are nice but honestly how often are you going back to the ps1 days of RE1-3? For the extra $30, I guess getting RE4 and 5 is a value but still...would you really miss them if you didn't have them?

Spending more money for what seems like a good deal is still spending more money, lol. I don't blame anyone for getting it though, it is hard to pass up if you never owned RE4 or 5.

P.S. Thanks for the info Geco.

#1403 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Can you preorder multiple copies of games to get $20 off on each? Like my brother wants Hal o4 and I want it too, but we dont live together. Can I get $20 off coupons fromboth?

#1404 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

I have yet to receive my $20 pending points for Madden.

I will wait one more week.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1405 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

I havn't received the madden Points either

#1406 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

I believe others have said that it is because of Activision creating a stink about Call of Duty being promoted as on sale for release week.

or could simply just be that as technologically advanced as some of the stuff in the stores might be, Best Buy operates on some wonky outdated programming :D

Call of Duty still is and WILL CONTINUE TO BE in this particular promo. Do not worry! Do not fret!

And somebody is on to the correct answer as to why it isn't listed unless you are signed in to your GCU account or in store.

#1407 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

No one has received the madden points yet!

Enuf needs to get it straightened out.
:lol:

#1408 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

I used to always wonder why some CAGs would get irritated, some even downright pissed, when the same questions get asked repeatedly. I think I'm starting to see it now though, because it is starting to become a bit aggravating, especially when the questions or concerns have been part of the discussion with in just the last couple of pages. *hinthint*

Do you ever just get the feeling that no one is listening? :D

#1409 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

I didn't get NCAA 13, so Madden was the first preorder I did. If I hadn't been reading this thread I wouldn't think anything about the bonus points not showing up as pending in my account. Still not worried about it since it's not been close to 30 days, yet.

#1410 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Was going to preorder FIFA and then realized it was compatible with PS Move.
How do you play football with the Move? Strap it on your leg? :lol:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png