Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1411 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Was going to preorder FIFA and then realized it was compatible with PS Move.
How do you play football with the Move? Strap it on your leg? :lol:

I hang dong because it makes it more challenging, but to each his own.

#1412 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Oh great, not only do we have flying Wii motes and move controllers, now we have people flat out kicking their huge ass flat panel TVs?!

Jecht Shot anyone?

#1413 Jay197

Jay197

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

hopefully we get the madden cert before 2k13 rd

#1414 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

First thing I thought of: http://kotaku.com/59...o-controls-ever

#1415 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hmm, I've got 6 of the games on preorder at Amazon. Looks like I need to cancel them and head over to BB.

#1416 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

First thing I thought of: http://kotaku.com/59...o-controls-ever

That...is a great video...:applause:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1417 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

Looks like we have our first price match opportunity for madden it's on sale for 50 at target starting Sunday

#1418 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

I'm going to put in a pre-order for Borderlands 2 this weekend. I'm joining the party.

#1419 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm going to put in a pre-order for Borderlands 2 this weekend. I'm joining the party.

All the cool kids are in the party :lol:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1420 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

it would be funny if borderlands 2 sales trumps call of duty black ops 2, LOL. i doubt that would happen

#1421 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

Anyone know how long best buy online orders take to get delivered? Specifically how long after release date do get them? If I could avoid the drive and long lines I'd get more games.

#1422 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Anyone know how long best buy online orders take to get delivered? Specifically how long after release date do get them? If I could avoid the drive and long lines I'd get more games.

if you want to get the game as soon as possible after release, you should avoid having shipped to your home.

#1423 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Looks like we have our first price match opportunity for madden it's on sale for 50 at target starting Sunday

Correction: this is the second time. First was 45 by Toys R Us on day 1.

#1424 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

I asked the worker at my store who seems on top of everything and he says you don't see pending points. It just appears after 30 days

No NCAA had 1000 points pending a week after pickup.

I'm not preordering Borderlands till I at least see pending points.

#1425 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

I stand corrected missed the 45 a tru , wish I knew though 45 sounds better than 50

#1426 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

No $20 for NHL 13 right?

unfortunately no. But damn don't I wish it did!

Me and you both, buddy.

Next best thing is Amazon for a $15 credit + the Bauer pack DLC or something like that.

#1427 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Not that it was necessary but i got a RZ email promoting a $20 cert with a Black Ops 2 preorder. The amount of $20 was buried in the fine print on the bottom of the email oddly.

#1428 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

Yeah I got that too, was coming to post it.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#1429 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

I stand corrected missed the 45 a tru , wish I knew though 45 sounds better than 50

Not only does it sound better, I just verified that it actually is better.

#1430 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

Borderlands 2 will be the greatest game ever! (I am hoping for A LOT better then Skyrim.)

#1431 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

Borderlands 2 will be the greatest game ever! (I am hoping for A LOT better then Skyrim.)

Did the skyrim collector's edition for ps3 ever drop below $60?
I bought the xbox ce for $25 or $30 but I was waiting on the ps3 version to buy as a gift.

#1432 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

Just called best buy told them about the Madden 13 sale at target and said "alright, well be mailing it to you and you should get it in 7-10 days". I don't even think he looked it up lol. When he asked me "you said target is selling it for $49.99" I almost told him "no $39.99" just because he literally just got my order # and that was it. I was on the phone for like 1 minute and got my email right when I hung up

I wonder why they are mailing you a physical gift card. If you pay by credit card or gift card they just do a price adjustment and credit the $10 back to your credit card or gift card. At least, that's the way it has always been for me. Congratz on getting the price match, though.

#1433 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

That's a pretty tall order. Skyrim is considered by many to be a GOTY for 2011. Not sure if Borderlands 2 can top that realistically speaking.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#1434 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

The BB rep mentioned that but I had already thrown away the gift card I used a long time ago thinking I wasn't going to need it again

no luck here. csr said i had to wait til sunday because the target employee she called said that he couldn't confirm the upcoming ad yet.

#1435 JEFFaJAX23

JEFFaJAX23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

Anyone know for sure if we get the $20 RZ cert with the special editions of black ops 2? The guy that works the gaming section at my store didn't really know (he said he knows the assassins creed special editions are getting the $20 but hasn't heard on blops 2), and it doesn't show it as being part of the promo on the pre-order kiosk. I did a preorder for the hardened edition today but if it doesnt get the 20 RZ cert I'll just go with the regular. I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere in the post.

#1436 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

halo 4 is the only one I definitely will get,
AC3 will be $10 in march like every other AC game i think so that is out.
Borderlands gets boring in 5 days so not spending $ on that until it is like $20
Black ops 2 is a maybe, if i have money i'l get it...
everything else I wouldn't want anyway.

#1437 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Anyone know for sure if we get the $20 RZ cert with the special editions of black ops 2? The guy that works the gaming section at my store didn't really know (he said he knows the assassins creed special editions are getting the $20 but hasn't heard on blops 2), and it doesn't show it as being part of the promo on the pre-order kiosk. I did a preorder for the hardened edition today but if it doesnt get the 20 RZ cert I'll just go with the regular. I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere in the post.

Yeah, it was covered...in the FAQs of the OP.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

You're welcome!
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#1438 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

Idk about other CAGs but I had a difficult time trying to find assassins creed brotherhood under $15-$20 until I finally got it from gohastings for $10 shipped.

That's cause Brotherhood was great, same with AC2. The only reason why ACR was so cheap so quickly was because it wasn't too good. It played a lot like 1, which was extremely repetitive.

#1439 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

That's cause Brotherhood was great, same with AC2. The only reason why ACR was so cheap so quickly was because it wasn't too good. It played a lot like 1, which was extremely repetitive.

It was repetitive because it was the 3rd game in the 2nd series using the formula, lol. Do you think they would have put a lot of time and effort into engineering new stuff for a yearly update to a game using an old engine? Lol

#1440 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Do you guys think dishonored is gonna be a 8/10 or 9/10 game on IGN? The gameplay and graphics look so sweet, then again I own a PS3 and the game is made by Bethesda so you know what that means.. But if the game is supposed to be amazing, I'd definately pre order this

Bethesda is just the publisher... Which, might mean you should be more worried. Because I cannot think of a single game that Bethesda just published that didn't have serious issues. The most high profile of recent is Rage, which seemed very much to be a love or hate affair. Less recently, Brink and Hunted: the Demon's Forge.

So... Yeah. Not a real history of quality there.