Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1501 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Are you really that desperate for $20?

No I was just asking If it was possible.

#1502 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

It counts as an online order, so you pm via calling in. The csr was wrong. Your pm window would go by pickup date.

Thanks...I will try calling again. Just did and it was a 15 minute wait...ugh. I wish the special SILVER RZ line could do this PM also. I get through right away with them.

#1503 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

good god i hate calling bestbuy 800 number so much run around

but got $10 for the price match and got $10 for the being on hold for 30 mins

they told me to call back on the 28th to get my 1000 points because she noted the account in case they don't correct the problem by then

so $40 in credit back plus the 45 i sold the game for in cash on CL...got paid to play madden
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#1504 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

good god i hate calling bestbuy 800 number so much run around

but got $10 for the price match and got $10 for the being on hold for 30 mins

they told me to call back on the 28th to get my 1000 points because she noted the account in case they don't correct the problem by then

so $40 in credit back plus the 45 i sold the game for in cash on CL...got paid to play madden

How did you get $10 for being on hold for 30min? I was on hold for 40min+ before and nobody mentioned anything :(

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1505 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

How did you get $10 for being on hold for 30min? I was on hold for 40min+ before and nobody mentioned anything :(

complained because they trans me around everyone saying they don't do it ...

#1506 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Pro Tip: If you are a big enough d-bag and yell/complain for long enough, most customer service agents will give you a minimal credit 5-10 dollars just to shut you up/get rid of you.

Pro Tip: Don't be one of those people.

#1507 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

If I put my pre-order in online with in-store pickup, and use a gift card to pay for it, will they take the funds from the gift card immediately, or only on release day? I'm guessing they probably take the funds immediately, but figured I'd check.

Crunchewy.png

#1508 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Don't call for the PM right now. It took the chick 25 minutes to do the pm. I would wait for the next shift to start.

#1509 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Why is Playstation All Stars not a part of this deal :(

700303.png

9.gif

#1510 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Pro Tip: If you are a big enough d-bag and yell/complain for long enough, most customer service agents will give you a minimal credit 5-10 dollars just to shut you up/get rid of you.

Hahaha

#1511 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

Why would we know? You should ask Best Buy.

#1512 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

I still havent got my Madden 13 $20 credit, I would call CSR but I have credit coming out my ears so im sure BB will fix it on its own.
Posted Image

#1513 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Quick question -

I'm a Gamers Club Unlocked member and pre-ordered Madden NFL 13 back in July and picked it up on August 28th but I used a gift card and coupons to pay for it. I know I dont get the points for the purchase but do I still get the $20 reward certificate? Thanks.

Yes, you absolutely will get the $20 cert. Doesn't matter how you paid for it. Just matters that you preordered and then picked up within 7 days of street date (so 9/4 on this one) and were an Unlocked member at time of pick up.

#1514 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Just called to get the SD M13 PM.

Took roughly 35 mins. The SD was quick because they just had to check their own price. But the M13 PM took a while because she needed to verify stock, price, and location. Didn't get any extra compensation because I didn't complain. Sure it took a while, but I was satisfied with having the PM. Getting a PM is not a God given right to me.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1515 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Don't call for the PM right now. It took the chick 25 minutes to do the pm. I would wait for the next shift to start.

it took 25 min and I didn't get the fucking PM. the target they happened to call was ignorant of their own sales (not uncommon for any retailer around here) so I'm going to wait till someone also shows up.

#1516 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

So when I called and talked to a rep I was told to expect an email with a $10.70 GC by this Wed the 12th for pricematching Madden 13. Did anyone get there price match immedialty or did I get a rep who didn't know what the hell he was doing?

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#1517 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

So when I called and talked to a rep I was told to expect an email with a $10.70 GC by this Wed the 12th for pricematching Madden 13. Did anyone get there price match immedialty or did I get a rep who didn't know what the hell he was doing?

Seems like they are e-mailing you a replacement gift card instead of mailing it which is what they normally do if you no longer have the gift card you paid for the item with. Did you use a gift card on your order?

Took 10 minutes and 43 seconds for my price match, the lady had previously done them several times and knew once she saw madden 13 that was what I intended to do, I already got the $20 from both orders (my GCU account and father's/my second account) back in my paypal too. Although I have noticed that I never get tax back when I do PM's through the phone.

#1518 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

My SD match will come in the form of a GC in the mail because I no longer have the GC used in the purchase.

My M13 credit was automatically applied to the GC that I used because I still have it.

Another positive experience with BB phone CSR. Now to get going on the M13 GCU cert...
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:

#1519 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Took 10 minutes and 43 seconds for my price match, the lady had previously done them several times and knew once she saw madden 13 that was what I intended to do, I already got the $20 from both orders (my GCU account and father's/my second account) back in my paypal too.

Thought you meant the $20 from the GCU pre-order but then I realized you meant the $20 total from both price matches. Got super excited for a second, then came back to reality :(

Tis the life of a cag.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#1520 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

Also want to add that I received emails for each PM and an email regarding the mailing of a GC.
Posted Image

Now playing:

#1521 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

they got a new system in at bestbuy

i went with my wife to trade in SD and DS2 and he told me its a new system and i might be unbanned . so he tried it and boom no more ban hammer for me

#1522 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

Probably cause no one plans to buy that Smash Bros ripoff.

#1523 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Probably cause no one plans to buy that Smash Bros ripoff.

...Why not? A smash bros rip off that might actually have online that isn't laggy as Fuck? plagiarism isn't a problem if it leads to a good game.

#1524 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

What does SD stand for? I don't see any games in the promo that have S and D as initials. And Target starts with T.

Just called to get the SD M13 PM.

Took roughly 35 mins. The SD was quick because they just had to check their own price. But the M13 PM took a while because she needed to verify stock, price, and location. Didn't get any extra compensation because I didn't complain. Sure it took a while, but I was satisfied with having the PM. Getting a PM is not a God given right to me.

My SD match will come in the form of a GC in the mail because I no longer have the GC used in the purchase.

My M13 credit was automatically applied to the GC that I used because I still have it.

Another positive experience with BB phone CSR. Now to get going on the M13 GCU cert...

#1525 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

What does SD stand for? I don't see any games in the promo that have S and D as initials. And Target starts with T.

SD= Sleeping Dogs
Posted Image

#1526 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

Sleeping dogs

#1527 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

haha, every time I call BBY I have the following prepared:
(1) Bluetooth (to avoid long term exposure to cellphone radiation)
(2) Some trivial work at hand, like emailing co workers, collecting/organizing simulation data or grade homeworks (to be productive when I wait)

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1528 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

So in addition to looking for a pricematch of Madden 13 on the $10 lower price, I'm still waiting on the $10 code that was being offered for online orders with in-store pickup to post to my account.

Would it be better for me to try getting these accomplished in two separate calls or should I try my luck with the same CS rep?

#1529 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

So in addition to looking for a pricematch of Madden 13 on the $10 lower price, I'm still waiting on the $10 code that was being offered for online orders with in-store pickup to post to my account.

Would it be better for me to try getting these accomplished in two separate calls or should I try my luck with the same CS rep?

You could do it all at once but it might annoy a worker, also depends on how much time you want to deal with them at once.

#1530 heatison777

heatison777

The Heat is On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

haha, every time I call BBY I have the following prepared:
(1) Bluetooth (to avoid long term exposure to cellphone radiation)
(2) Some trivial work at hand, like emailing co workers, collecting/organizing simulation data or grade homeworks (to be productive when I wait)

It took 40 minutes for me. Like Chris Rock said, "it's like playing basketball with a slow person, ya gotta let some things slide". I keep in mind the $30-$40 savings over Gamestop.