Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1531 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

What does SD stand for? I don't see any games in the promo that have S and D as initials. And Target starts with T.

I'm sorry dude because I probably shouldn't have mentioned it here because it was not part of the promo.

Got carried away with the whole PM thing. My apologies.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1532 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

You could do it all at once but it might annoy a worker, also depends on how much time you want to deal with them at once.

Thanks, this is what I figured. I'll try to judge their willingness after getting that $10 pricematch before attempting for the $10 in-store pickup code; if they sound annoyed I'll just make a second call.

Would be awkward to end up talking to the same rep, though. Maybe I'll space it out a little.

#1533 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

So I'm at Best Buy looking for some Skylanders for my son, and while I'm there I slide over to the "Buy 1 Game Get 1 Free" sign they had up (store special). It was a bunch of older stuff, but while I'm standing there a sales associate with a clipboard approached me and asked if I needed help. I told him no thanks, that I'm just looking, and he begins to tell me about the Gamer's Club Unlocked $20 Promo. I tell him that I already pre-ordered Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. He then "informs" me that despite what I might have been told, I will only receive 1 $20.00 certificate even though I ordered 2 games. I told him that I was pretty sure that wasn't the case, I even showed him the ad on the pre-order kiosk that said 1 certificate per member PER TITLE, but he wasn't getting it. He told me that another customer came in and pre-ordered 7 games. He said that if Best Buy gave him $20 back for each game, that would be like 200 bucks and that "Best Buy would probably go out of business". Unreal.

#1534 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

So I am new to this Best Buy price match thing. Does anyone mind explaining it to me?

I pre-ordered Madden 13 in-store for $5 on 6/12/2012.
I picked up Madden 13 in-store on 8/28/2012

So do I call Best Buy or do I have to go to Best Buy to get the Target price match?

#1535 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

chris00cm, you have to go into the store. Bring the ad or a printout for speed.

#1536 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

Also want to add that I received emails for each PM and an email regarding the mailing of a GC.

Love your Signature Bro!!!! LMAO there is a couple on here...hahaha

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#1537 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

I'm sorry dude because I probably shouldn't have mentioned it here because it was not part of the promo.

Got carried away with the whole PM thing. My apologies.

No problem, I was just curious.

#1538 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

chris00cm, you have to go into the store. Bring the ad or a printout for speed.

Cool. Thanks for the quick response.

#1539 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Yes, you absolutely will get the $20 cert. Doesn't matter how you paid for it. Just matters that you preordered and then picked up within 7 days of street date (so 9/4 on this one) and were an Unlocked member at time of pick up.

Thanks. I thought that I would but wanted to make sure.

#1540 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

Love your Signature Bro!!!! LMAO there is a couple on here...hahaha

Thanks dude.

A good laugh works wonders for your mind. :)
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1541 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

I'm not sure why, but I'm really tempted to preorder RE6. I'm probably the one RE fan (though I've only played RE4, RE5, and RE:R) who gets more and more hyped with each gameplay video released. But is that such a good idea with Borderlands 2 next week and Dishonored the week after RE6 releases...? I mean, I've got BBY credit to spare, but I wonder if it'll drop to $30 or so come Black Friday. :-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1542 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

I'm not sure why, but I'm really tempted to preorder RE6. I'm probably the one RE fan (though I've only played RE4, RE5, and RE:R) who gets more and more hyped with each gameplay video released. But is that such a good idea with Borderlands 2 next week and Dishonored the week after RE6 releases...? I mean, I've got BBY credit to spare, but I wonder if it'll drop to $30 or so come Black Friday. :-k

With the $20 back and the potential to PM I think picking it up would be a good idea. I see this going on sale for at least 50 with all the other games coming out around then.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#1543 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

So what are the chances of my Borderlands 2 getting here day one if I picked free shipping?

#1544 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Somebody said you have to pick up your pre-order within 7 days, but my receipt for Borderlands 2 says you must pick it up within 5 days.

#1545 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

My $20 Madden 13 cert posted... but then again it didn't.... I'm thinking those points clear my account tomorrow afternoon :D

Total Points Earned with this transaction
Purchases
Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus
Premier 25% Bonus
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo

My Current Points:
( + 70 pending points )

#1546 davisdj

davisdj

CAG for life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

My $20 Madden 13 cert posted... but then again it didn't.... I'm thinking those points clear my account tomorrow afternoon :D

Yea my points are pending now as well. Prob. should check your accounts now, for people who were worrying about it.

Check out my trade list please.

Join Bing Rewards, earn free rewards & I'll earn some as well. Thanks.

#1547 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Bonus points are there for me, too. As others said, the original points for Madden showed as earned points last week, but the points aren't available for me to use and the total wasn't added to my yearly spending. I had another purchase that day that is the same way.

#1548 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Yep my Madden $20 cert just posted today

#1549 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Bonus points are there for me, too. As others said, the original points for Madden showed as earned points last week, but the points aren't available for me to use and the total wasn't added to my yearly spending. I had another purchase that day that is the same way.

Yearly spending is not reflected for purchases made within past 45 days

#1550 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

My Madden points show in the transaction that is not pending. They have not posted to my point total, but they do not show in my pending points either.

The order page on BB.com still loads blank. *shrugs*

#1551 masc360

masc360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

my points have shown up in my madden transaction and have posted to my account, yet my total has not updated and i am unable to redeem them for the certificate

#1552 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Same as the two posters above ^

th_w03j81.gif  

#1553 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Points showed up too in my Madden transaction, total not updated though like the other posters above me have already said.

#1554 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Mine are pending now, i'm assuming they'll post the next time it all goes through on my account. Hopefully is done before the 25th. want to use that credit on fifa

#1555 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Says the 1000 is posted but they are not added to my account like the posters above. Hopefully this is fixed soon :D

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#1556 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

So is the delay in the points being posted "normal", or is this an anomaly? Wondering when I'll see usable points from Borderlands 2.

#1557 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

hmm, I still don't have points showing.

#1558 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Same as everybody else points show, but not pending or posted. Guess its one step at time so be patient.

#1559 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Probably cause no one plans to buy that Smash Bros ripoff.

just because it's a "ripoff" of Smash Bros. doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It's always nice to see other companies try and attempt to make a game similar to Smash Bros. This also will help kill the waiting time for the next smash bros. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1560 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Man, my rz is all sorts of screwed up. My pending points don't match my transaction log and I'm missing a few transactions to boot. And when I fill in the missing points form, it says those transactions are already on my account. Any activity takes at 48+ hours to reflect on the site and now add this Madden stuff.