Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#181 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Well after seeing the MS E3 presser I am really stoked for Halo 4. The game looked just gorgeous. The new Forza game is coming this Oct and it looks good also (not a big racing fan) so maybe it gets added to the list since Forza 4 was on it last year. BLOPS II looks like COD (I will buy it I am sure) but it is a bit too brown so far.

Off topic. Splinter Cell:Blacklist was just awesome. The stuff from the last game combined with the tech created for GR:Future Soldier is pretty sweet. Gears was hard to tell anything. Tomb Raider was sweet but her panting and grunting is still distracting no matter how you try to explain it away. Of yeah South Park looks could. They were hilarious with the whole smart glass thing.

Halo 4 looked amazing - great new Forerunner weapons.

Splinter Cell Blacklist looked like a mash-up of Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, and Assassin's Creed
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#182 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

damn, someone told me you could only pick one game. But this changes everything, BB will be the place to get my games this Fall

I'm glad you finally figured out how the deal works, but no one ever told you that you could only get one game.

#183 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

I was planning on maybe getting Resident Evil 6 but honestly the demo today just did not do it for me. I don't know what it was put it just seemed clunky. How a game plays really should be the first focus of any development.
Posted Image

#184 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

hmmmm will probably get these:

Borderlands 2 September 18 September 25
Resident Evil 6 October 2 October 9
Assassin's Creed III October 30 November 7
Halo 4 November 6 November 13

If I was banned from trading in games will that effect this at all? I'm still Unlocked.

also if we preorder these and our Unlocked expires before we pick them up do we still get the bonus? I will more then likely renew anyways but I'm just curious.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#185 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

hmmmm will probably get these:

Borderlands 2 September 18 September 25
Resident Evil 6 October 2 October 9
Assassin's Creed III October 30 November 7
Halo 4 November 6 November 13

If I was banned from trading in games will that effect this at all? I'm still Unlocked.

also if we preorder these and our Unlocked expires before we pick them up do we still get the bonus? I will more then likely renew anyways but I'm just curious.

Out of curiosity, how does one get banned from trading in games at Best Buy? I'm thinking of trading in there for the first time this week and just want to know what not to do :)
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#186 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

I got an email from reward zone last week that said I got double points for the rest of the year. I wonder if there's any chance it will apply to this. Doubt it but who knows.

#187 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Out of curiosity, how does one get banned from trading in games at Best Buy? I'm thinking of trading in there for the first time this week and just want to know what not to do :)

there has been no proven answer to this but most speculate its for trading in more then 3 of a game. doesnt have to be 1 trip either. if you trade in 2 copies of a game and later decide to trade in 2 more it could raise a red flag. Others say its for trading in excessive amounts. we will see if thats the case soon since a bunch of people traded in large amounts sunday.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#188 LemonJelllo

LemonJelllo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Wait, so is it possible to completely pay off pre-orders at Best Buy? I tried to pay off a game a couple of years ago and they denied me. I want to go in and pre-order Halo 4 completely but I just want to make sure it's possible.
Currently Playing:

:360: Borderlands
:ps3: Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption

Games left in backlog: 14

#189 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Wait, so is it possible to completely pay off pre-orders at Best Buy? I tried to pay off a game a couple of years ago and they denied me. I want to go in and pre-order Halo 4 completely but I just want to make sure it's possible.

I think you can only completely pay off an online preorder, while in-store you can only put down $5 and no more.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#190 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Nope, you can't. Just order it online if you really want to pay it all off.

#191 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

I was planning on maybe getting Resident Evil 6 but honestly the demo today just did not do it for me. I don't know what it was put it just seemed clunky. How a game plays really should be the first focus of any development.

I felt exactly the same way. I think the gun reticule was pissing me off because I'm used to laser dots in Resident Evil 4 and 5. The movement looked clunky too, despite the fact that they can strafe and shoot. Hopefully they can polish this stuff up before launch.

#192 argyle

argyle

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Wonder if they'll add any games to this list? I'd love to see NFS: Most Wanted on here after that awesome demonstration of it during EA's show today.
Posted Image

#193 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

im pre ordering
borderlands 2
halo 4
far cry 3
resident evil 6
currently playing witcher 2(360),dmc hd collection(ps3),persona 4(ps2)

#194 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

I get bored of games fairly quickly so I should probably be able to get the ones im chaining for $10 bucks max. $40 after the rewards certificates with a trade in of one of the prior games for approx 30 (if I cant sell it on craigslist for more). That's not even counting pricematches so its a very solid deal. I'm all stocked up on BB credit after this 100% as well. Excellent stuff BB.

Again, a warning... if you chain with the coupons, you will not be able to price match since your price will show 39.99 (which is probably the lowest sale price you will see).

#195 trabbahabba

trabbahabba

Neil Diamond is Cooler Than Us All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

I was thinking Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III. Then I realized that Ubisoft games drop QUICK, and if its anything like previous years it will be a Black Friday deal at $35.
Posted Image

#196 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

i was thinking halo 4 and assassin's creed iii. Then i realized that ubisoft games drop quick, and if its anything like previous years it will be a black friday deal at $35.

price match!!!!
Posted Image

#197 trabbahabba

trabbahabba

Neil Diamond is Cooler Than Us All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

price match a black friday deal?
Posted Image

#198 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

No but you can buy it on release and either wait to BF if the price does not drop anywhere else return it. Or open it and buy the better price on BF and return that copy. Since you can pick it up on Nov 3 and still get the $20 you will have at least the entire month of Nov to find a price match. Not saying you have to but that is my plan.
Posted Image

#199 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Get Last of Us up and I'm sold!
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#200 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

Definitely in for Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Assassin's Creed III, Halo 4, and Call of Duty Black Ops 2. Might get Resident Evil 6 if I see more of it, tempting at the moment though.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#201 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

Wish Darksiders 2 qualified
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#202 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

After watching E3 I'm only interested in The Last of Us and Beyond. Both not on the list - but then again they don't have release dates...

#203 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

I'm using this for BlOps II with in store pickup I guess. COD games never go on sale until the 2nd or 3rd week in December for $39.99. Purchasing at BB online through upromise.com gives 5% back, which is nice.

So there's no extra hoops to jump through, just order with the RZ [unlocked] account number, and the $20 will post 1 month after pickup?

#204 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Can this be done in store to ensure I can pick it up on release day? Halo 4 lets me choose in store pickup but Borderlands 2 doesn't.

#205 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

After watching E3 I'm only interested in The Last of Us and Beyond. Both not on the list - but then again they don't have release dates...

Beyond won't release until 2013, and I'm pretty sure the same goes for The Last of Us.

I can't wait for those and Watch_Dogs. :bouncy:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#206 howyoudoin

howyoudoin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Beyond won't release until 2013, and I'm pretty sure the same goes for The Last of Us.

I can't wait for those and Watch_Dogs. :bouncy:

I have a feeling Watch Dogs is next gen, no way that game will work/look that good on PS3/Xbox 360. Still can't wait for it along with Last of Us.

What amazes me is I feel like there are just as many good games coming out Spring 2013 compared to Fall 2012. Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, God of War Ascension, Devil May Cry, South Park Stick of Truth, Metro Last Light, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Sim City. (whew). I'm sure a lot of these will get moved back just due to the amount of games that would have to fit that schedule.

#207 howyoudoin

howyoudoin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Can this be done in store to ensure I can pick it up on release day? Halo 4 lets me choose in store pickup but Borderlands 2 doesn't.

Yes you can straight order online, chose in-store pickup or pre-order directly in-store and it will qualify. For in-store and store pick-up you need to pickup within 7 days to qualify for the $20 in reward certificates.

#208 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

I have a feeling Watch Dogs is next gen, no way that game will work/look that good on PS3/Xbox 360.

No, it's this gen. They even said it was, it was just shown on a high end PC.

#209 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Been away from CAG for a minute will get the details and/or make the needed posts/links to streamline the process just give me a day or 2.

Wonder if they'll add any games to this list? I'd love to see NFS: Most Wanted on here after that awesome demonstration of it during EA's show today.

Gonna get on top of this to see if most/all top notch titles will be avail. once link is posted people will need to post/vote accordingly to get them to do it fast.

Again, a warning... if you chain with the coupons, you will not be able to price match since your price will show 39.99 (which is probably the lowest sale price you will see).

If you're referring to RZ certs you CAN price match to get the $20 back. You won't get cash though it'll be $20 in RZ unless you know a nice CSR that will override it accordingly.

return/rebuy BB doesn't pm on from BF to cyber monday. Don't think that'll change

#210 howyoudoin

howyoudoin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

No, it's this gen. They even said it was, it was just shown on a high end PC.

That makes sense because it looked and ran amazing which would explain it running on a PC during the demo