Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2101 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Ok, I just went back again and looked, and now I see what you are talking about. At the bottom in a blue box it does say "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus 1000". My purchase price for Borderlands 2 is listed as $7.99/$8.47 w/tax, which is also really weird. In any case, hopefully that means I'm set even though it's not showing as pending. This thing sure is confusing/a mess.

Did you use gift cards or prior RZ certificates for purchase. It only lists price you actually paid in cash for points earned

Yeah its confusing, but your good. Hopefully they actually redeem it within 2 weeks so I can use for RE6.

#2102 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

According to the good gaming rep I deal with, BB was actually aware of this problem a while ago, and sent out directions on how to correct the problem to stores. The real problem comes in when you get stuck with someone doing the transaction who wasn't told or didn't listen to directions :)

And for whoever asked the other day, yes, they need to hit F11 to "package out" the items to get it to work properly.

FoS, I would think you should be fine for AC3, worse case scenario, a phone call or 2. As for Halo, no such luck without renewing.

Well, I don't have my 1000 points showing in my transaction. Even if BB corrected the problem, some of us had preorders that were put in before they reprinted the cards and added the POP displays (like 4 months ago).

It's a moot point since there is nothing that can be done on my end to fix the issue other than inform them and others of the error.

#2103 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Trade-in credit on a gift card. But I'm pretty sure the total I had to pay beyond that was less than $8.xx, so it still doesn't make a lot of sense.

Crunchewy.png

#2104 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

If I do another pre-order, I will definitely be doing it online. If you pick in-store pickup, though, are we still subject to this craptastic system where the cashiers have to be trained in how to do it right, and aren't?

No they don't do anything. Just make sure your gamers unlocked is linked to your Best Buy online account. To speed up process have your drivers license, credit/debit card, and order number when you pick up at customer service.

#2105 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

Well, I don't have my 1000 points showing in my transaction. Even if BB corrected the problem, some of us had preorders that were put in before they reprinted the cards and added the POP displays (like 4 months ago).

It's a moot point since there is nothing that can be done on my end to fix the issue other than inform them and others of the error.

That's what I was saying though. They were informed to scan the opposite bar codes for PS3 and PC for the pre order. And for those that were supposed to have a pre order for PS3 but it was rung up as PC, there was supposed to be a process for the cashier to follow at pick up for you to correctly get the PS3 DLC and activate the 20 dollar cert.

I guess the trick at this point is finding the gaming rep or CSR that actually got that information. Or having lots and lots of patience dealing with them over the phone or through the forums. GL.

#2106 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

That's what I was saying though. They were informed to scan the opposite bar codes for PS3 and PC for the pre order. And for those that were supposed to have a pre order for PS3 but it was rung up as PC, there was supposed to be a process for the cashier to follow at pick up for you to correctly get the PS3 DLC and activate the 20 dollar cert.

I guess the trick at this point is finding the gaming rep or CSR that actually got that information. Or having lots and lots of patience dealing with them over the phone or through the forums. GL.

I had a manger ring me out (had to pm TRU GC). He was able to correct the dlc problem, but I guess the 1000 he could not. I have to follow up with BB anyway, but I want other who have had the same experience (at least 3 or 4 other CAGS) to see where to post.

#2107 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Well, I had my points pending last night. I look today and they are gone :(

#2108 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

I had a manger ring me out (had to pm TRU GC). He was able to correct the dlc problem, but I guess the 1000 he could not. I have to follow up with BB anyway, but I want other who have had the same experience (at least 3 or 4 other CAGS) to see where to post.

Oh, no, of course. I totally agree with you about making sure everyone knows where post if they were not able to get it correctly. I was just using your post as a reference point, so that if someone hasn't picked it up yet, they might be able to find someone who knows what the hell is going on while they're still in store :)

And FWIW, the gaming reps at my store know more about this (and the rest of the gaming deals, promos and trade ins) than the managers do lol

#2109 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

Well, I had my points pending last night. I look today and they are gone :(

weird, similar thing happened to me. it was pending in my account last night. today it's still there under my transaction list but not in my pending points count.

#2110 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

weird, similar thing happened to me. it was pending in my account last night. today it's still there under my transaction list but not in my pending points count.

Mine is also in my transaction but not pending yet

#2111 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

I am not sure what the heck happened to my post with the link. Why would a mod delete a link to the BBY forum?

Anyway the skus are

5584519 :360:
5584564 :ps3:
5700413 PC

You can go to the BBY forum and look for the Borderlands 2 thread about pre-order codes.

Okay so since nobody bothered helping out with my previous related post, I might as well report back with my results. :roll: (not directed at you cancerman):

If you forget the SKU's that cancerman just used, you can just ask the cashier to hit the "F10" key before you make payment. The suggested sale option will come up and an option for the pre-order DLC will come up which has been pointed before will package out free with the game when the cashier hits total.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#2112 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

My points are all messed up. Looks like the 1k for pre-ordering Borderlands 2 skipped "pending" status and went straight to a redeemable $20 RZ cert this morning. I can't tell if this works out in my favor or not.

#2113 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

I wonder if the BB I pricematched Borderlands 2 at would also pricematch the Microsoft store preorder deal on Halo 4... hmmm... has anyone ever pricematched a preorder before? Is that even possible?

#2114 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

My points are all messed up. Looks like the 1k for pre-ordering Borderlands 2 skipped "pending" status and went straight to a redeemable $20 RZ cert this morning. I can't tell if this works out in my favor or not.

I wish mine would do that lol

#2115 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

Did you use gift cards or prior RZ certificates for purchase. It only lists price you actually paid in cash for points earned

Yeah its confusing, but your good. Hopefully they actually redeem it within 2 weeks so I can use for RE6.

I used a trade in card from bringing in games and i now have 1016 points for picking up Borderlands 2... 1000 preorder points, and then 2 separate 8 point bonuses for some reason. Its both in the transactions and pending sections.

Your post confused me though, isn't it supposed to take 4 weeks to get the 1000/$20 ?

I'd love for them to spit out the cert in a couple weeks so i can roll the game purchases into each other, i still have several more games to buy haha

#2116 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

I used a trade in card from bringing in games and i now have 1016 points for picking up Borderlands 2... 1000 preorder points, and then 2 separate 8 point bonuses for some reason. Its both in the transactions and pending sections.

Your post confused me though, isn't it supposed to take 4 weeks to get the 1000/$20 ?

I'd love for them to spit out the cert in a couple weeks so i can roll the game purchases into each other, i still have several more games to buy haha

I have had both the madden and ncaa points posted 30 days from the date I preordered not the date I picked them up. Maybe the same is happening for people that are getting theirs now. My 1000 points was pending this morning but now it is not but still in my transaction history, the rewardzone points will probably straighten themselves out sometime soon anyways.

#2117 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Trade-in credit on a gift card. But I'm pretty sure the total I had to pay beyond that was less than $8.xx, so it still doesn't make a lot of sense.

I got the same situation where my purchase total was $6.77. That doesn't make any sense because I paid off the entire game with trade-in credit. Oh well, free points I guess.

My points also say that they will become available on or around 10/23/12.

#2118 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

I picked up my game on Tuesday and the transaction posted on my RWZ account today but no points or mention of them. I guess its time to call CS and see if I can some free certs thrown my way. :lol:

#2119 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Well my transaction is up. The sku for the pre-order is there but as of now there is no 1000 bonus. I will give it a week or two before calling if it never shows. Has anyone had that yet? Transaction is there and points for the game but not the bonus?

#2120 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Technically it takes 30 days, but NCAA and Madden both came earlier. Not sure why it takes longer than 2 weeks anyway.

#2121 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

Well my transaction is up. The sku for the pre-order is there but as of now there is no 1000 bonus. I will give it a week or two before calling if it never shows. Has anyone had that yet? Transaction is there and points for the game but not the bonus?

That's what happened with Madden then eventually one morning I woke up to $20 gc redeemed for it.

#2122 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

Yes, my transaction showed up first with just the regular points. Then a couple of days later the bonus points showed up in the transaction.

#2123 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

Same here read one post up :D. I picked mine up for the PS3 and I heard there was a mixup with the PC sku but everything looks correct on my end. *shrug*

Yes, my transaction showed up first with just the regular points. Then a couple of days later the bonus points showed up in the transaction.

That's good to hear.

#2124 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

That's what happened with Madden then eventually one morning I woke up to $20 gc redeemed for it.

Same here read one post up :D. I picked mine up for the PS3 and I heard there was a mixup with the PC sku but everything looks correct on my end. *shrug*

Thanks...you guys are good. :)

#2125 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

Technically it takes 30 days, but NCAA and Madden both came earlier. Not sure why it takes longer than 2 weeks anyway.

Because of the return policy. Otherwise you would have people returning the game after they got the points.

#2126 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Because of the return policy. Otherwise you would have people returning the game after they got the points.

I guess. They should have option of no return to get points right away.

#2127 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

Or just take $20 off the refund like target does.

#2128 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

All my recent points have cleared way before 30 days. I'm not sure if it's some kind of glitch or what.

#2129 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

My 1000 points posted, but I still don't have my pre-order DLC. Don't care too much about the gun club one, all I really want is the Mechromancer DLC code.

#2130 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

Preordered FIFA 13 today, will have some football weekends with coworkers soon, excited!

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png