Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2221 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Nope. "Contributors to Pitch In Cards may not use Best Buy Reward Zone certificates or digital coupons to add funds to a Pitch In Card."

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat192700050000

Using a RZ Cert on a Pitch-in card is sort of a waste anyhow.
With a RZ cert you don't have to pay tax on the amount used.
Since putting in funds in a pitch-in card is the same as buying a gift card...you wouldn't be paying tax anyway.

#2222 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Newegg beat BB to the $15 off for XCOM, so I'm keeping my pre-order with them. Still, nice of them to offer it, but they should've announced it earlier.

#2223 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

On the first page it states that you have a 7 days to pick up a pre order, in this case it's borderlands 2. On my receipt it says I have 5 days to pick it up. Release date was 9/18 it says I have until 9/23. Any one know how long you actually have? Thanks in advance.

#2224 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

On the first page it states that you have a 7 days to pick up a pre order, in this case it's borderlands 2. On my receipt it says I have 5 days to pick it up. Release date was 9/18 it says I have until 9/23. Any one know how long you actually have? Thanks in advance.

all i know is if you preordered in store, you have 5 days.

#2225 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

I wanted to throw this question out there. If I purchase Gamers Unlock Subscription and Borderlands 2, Do I still qualify for the $20 gift cert?

#2226 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

I wanted to throw this question out there. If I purchase Gamers Unlock Subscription and Borderlands 2, Do I still qualify for the $20 gift cert?

no, you are too late. you had to have purchase gamer unlock sub before preordering the game to qualify for the $20.

#2227 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

just purchased COD black ops 2 harden edition! :D Only issue is the release date is on my wedding anniversary.... what to do?

#2228 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

all i know is if you preordered in store, you have 5 days.

Ok thanks, I guess I'm sol. I was going to pick it up tomorrow, oh well.

#2229 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

no, you are too late. you had to have purchase gamer unlock sub before preordering the game to qualify for the $20.

Thank you so much for that response. I just believe I had a chance to get the cert since the game dropped this week and I read somewhere about being able to qualify within 5 days of street date. In that case I will purchase Dishonored and use that $20 Gift Cert towards Fifa 13.

#2230 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Ok thanks, I guess I'm sol. I was going to pick it up tomorrow, oh well.

why can't you pick it up today? today is suppose to be your last day to pick up

#2231 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

Thank you so much for that response. I just believe I had a chance to get the cert since the game dropped this week and I read somewhere about being able to qualify within 5 days of street date. In that case I will purchase Dishonored and use that $20 Gift Cert towards Fifa 13.

basically, you have to preorder the games you want, and be a unlocked gamers member before the release date of the game to qualify for the $20

#2232 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

why can't you pick it up today? today is suppose to be your last day to pick up

My nearest best buy is 45 miles away, I don't feel like driving that far for a game. Thanks anyway.

#2233 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

just purchased COD black ops 2 harden edition! :D Only issue is the release date is on my wedding anniversary.... what to do?

Screw your spouse!

#2234 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

My nearest best buy is 45 miles away, I don't feel like driving that far for a game. Thanks anyway.

you could always try to call bestbuy corporate phone number, to see if they could ship it to your home. sometimes they will do that, but it is ymmv

#2235 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Screw your spouse!

Question is if they meant figuratively or literally :lol:;)

#2236 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

Have your wife pick up the game for you as an anniversary gift! Lol

#2237 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Are we allowed to purchase 2 pre-orders on the same receipt?

The reason I ask is because someone mentioned in the Sleeping Dogs thread that the B2G1 free new games in the welcome packet work for $60 titles as long as 1 of the 3 titles are under $40. So I was thinking of pre-ordering NBA 2k13 and Resident Evil 6 together then when I pick it up purchase it along with the Kirby Collection and still qualify for the $20 certificates.

Anyone thinks that would work if the coupon works as mentioned?

#2238 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

Are we allowed to purchase 2 pre-orders on the same receipt?

The reason I ask is because someone mentioned in the Sleeping Dogs thread that the B2G1 free new games in the welcome packet work for $60 titles as long as 1 of the 3 titles are under $40. So I was thinking of pre-ordering NBA 2k13 and Resident Evil 6 together then when I pick it up purchase it along with the Kirby Collection and still qualify for the $20 certificates.

Anyone thinks that would work if the coupon works as mentioned?

you do realize nba 2k13 and re 6 has not yet being released right? you cannot use the coupon on preorders

#2239 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

you do realize nba 2k13 and re 6 has not yet being released right? you cannot use the coupon on preorders

Hypothetical question yo.

@Boogie4114
Mmm if NBA and RE6 are released same week right?
It's possible it's just a matter of whether your cashier can treat both pre-orders as an exchange on the same receipt (in order to utilize the coupon) and not a return (screws with youe $20 reward cert)

I haven't pre-ordered multiple items in one pick up so I don't know how they process it.
When I picked up my BL2 pre-order with some flash drives they made me do my pre-order separate for some reason.
So preorders with purchase might not make it eligible.

#2240 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hypothetical question yo.

@Boogie4114
Mmm if NBA and RE6 are released same week right?
It's possible it's just a matter of whether your cashier can treat both pre-orders as an exchange on the same receipt (in order to utilize the coupon) and not a return (screws with youe $20 reward cert)

I haven't pre-ordered multiple items in one pick up so I don't know how they process it.
When I picked up my BL2 pre-order with some flash drives they made me do my pre-order separate for some reason.

I just recalled that Enuf mentioned awhile back that you only have to fulfill the pre-order and purchase within the time frame and this worked with NCAA 13 with no problem. With NCAA I pre-ordered in-store but I fulfilled the purchase online with store pick-up and got the $20 with no issues so I think I will do the same except purchase the 3 titles when they come out with Kirby since I will have fulfilled both parts of the promotion.

#2241 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

thanks, i am only interested in the single player portion for this game. i only play a few multiplayer online game for the ps3.

I mainly do single player too, there's so much to do in this year's FIFA that it'll not only teach you how to play the game by bringing you up to speed gradually but then once you become good there's a ton of game modes to choose from.
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#2242 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

I just recalled that Enuf mentioned awhile back that you only have to fulfill the pre-order and purchase within the time frame and this worked with NCAA 13 with no problem. With NCAA I pre-ordered in-store but I fulfilled the purchase online with store pick-up and got the $20 with no issues so I think I will do the same except purchase the 3 titles when they come out with Kirby since I will have fulfilled both parts of the promotion.

Let me know how that works out for you.

I recall talking if this bonus is per title or per console but I don't feel like going through a hundred pages to find this.

It's per title right?

#2243 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

If you preorder a game on both 360 and PS3, I believe you only get credit for one of the games.

#2244 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

While FIFA's single player modes is really solid, i think that their online game modes is superior especially head to head. I'm not a big fan of ultimate team. If you are a newbie, you'll be destroyed at first but you'll gradually improve over time.

With that said anyone who plays FIFA feel free to add me on PSN, my id is darrenaw9. Just let me know you're from CAG.

#2245 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

If you preorder a game on both 360 and PS3, I believe you only get credit for one of the games.

Oh okay, so I'll pick up COD:BO2 for the Xbox later down the line then.

#2246 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

I think they did it to make it easier on themselves. If both games are preordered, they might have a more difficult of a time doing it, but I imagine that you would be okay. If you preordered both on the same receipt, you'd probably have a better shot.

#2247 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

PES:2013 ($10 GC) and XCOM: Enemy Unknown ($15 GC) are getting gift card promos. Check OP for links to promotion.

Hot damn, I was really looking for a promo on XCOM. I was actually getting a little nervous for XCOM since I hadn't seen an ads for the game, but GS has those huge cardboard placeholders advertising it in their stores and now this. Looks like I'm getting all of this season's games from BBY. Good show Best Buy :applause::applause: Hope they can sustain this level of hot deals :hot:

#2248 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

The reason why NCAA 13 worked is cause you basically pre-ordered online not cause of timeframe. If you use the same logic, you would need to do 2 pre-orders online for in-store pickup and not be able to use that welcome coupon of yours since it does not work with online orders.

I never buy 2 $60 games in one day so I'm not sure if that B2G1 coupon will work for you while allowing you the $20 RZ cert for each game. The roadblocks are probably getting them all on the same EXCHANGE receipt and not having the B2G1 Free package discount void your pre-orders due to combining more than one offer at once. Good luck though if you want to try.

#2249 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Just noticed the X-Com $15 gift card promotion today. I had already decided that I was going to pay $60 and get it on day one anyway, just because I want it so damn bad, so the gift card is great news.

Looks like just X-Com, Fifa, RE 6 Archives, and Dishonored for me. Still, it's a good haul and the $60 in RZ certs plus $15 gift card makes it all even better.

#2250 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

The reason why NCAA 13 worked is cause you basically pre-ordered online not cause of timeframe. If you use the same logic, you would need to do 2 pre-orders online for in-store pickup and not be able to use that welcome coupon of yours since it does not work with online orders.

I never buy 2 $60 games in one day so I'm not sure if that B2G1 coupon will work for you while allowing you the $20 RZ cert for each game. The roadblocks are probably getting them all on the same EXCHANGE receipt and not having the B2G1 Free package discount void your pre-orders due to combining more than one offer at once. Good luck though if you want to try.

No for NCAA I pre-ordered in-store the Monday before release with $5 down and the online order I placed the day of release which wasn't considered a pre-order anymore but since I fulfilled both parts of the promo ( pre-order before release and purchase within 5 days after release), I got the $20 certificate no problem and once my 1,000 points were pending I used the $5 receipt and exchanged it for a @gamer magazine.