Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2251 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

Just noticed the X-Com $15 gift card promotion today. I had already decided that I was going to pay $60 and get it on day one anyway, just because I want it so damn bad, so the gift card is great news.

Looks like just X-Com, Fifa, RE 6 Archives, and Dishonored for me. Still, it's a good haul and the $60 in RZ certs plus $15 gift card makes it all even better.

how is x-com games? in terms of difficulty, i am kinda of interested in it from the gameplay i saw.

#2252 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

Just noticed the X-Com $15 gift card promotion today. I had already decided that I was going to pay $60 and get it on day one anyway, just because I want it so damn bad, so the gift card is great news.

Same here. A turn-based strategy game with a competent control scheme on consoles? Yes please. I just hope the 360 keeps a multiplayer community for at least a little while. Possible double dip if there's a nice steam sale sometime this year, perhaps over the holidays.

how is x-com games? in terms of difficulty, i am kinda of interested in it from the gameplay i saw.

I think the original one was notoriously difficult. The new one has variable difficulty with the highest difficulty being pretty hard. The producers themselves have a tough time with it from what they said on livestreams.

#2253 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

How do you properly renew gamers club unlocked?
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#2254 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

Same here. A turn-based strategy game with a competent control scheme on consoles? Yes please. I just hope the 360 keeps a multiplayer community for at least a little while. Possible double dip if there's a nice steam sale sometime this year, perhaps over the holidays.

I think the original one was notoriously difficult. The new one has variable difficulty with the highest difficulty being pretty hard. The producers themselves have a tough time with it from what they said on livestreams.

I thought I read a while ago they turned x-com into a FPS. (I'm not kidding.)

I love TBS games. Will have to check this out.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2255 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

you are right tho, there is a fps game in development call "x-com". last i heard the development was halted for whatever reason. the game that is coming out with $15 gc offer from bestbuy is call " x-com: enemy unknown". there are two different types of games, but similar title

#2256 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

Yeah that is still in development. They announced that game (just called XCom) in 2010 but it has been delayed several time. As far as I know they still plan to release it next year. This game (Enemy Unknown) was announced long after the FPS one and it will release way before.

#2257 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

Yeah that is still in development. They announced that game (just called XCom) in 2010 but it has been delayed several time. As far as I know they still plan to release it next year. This game (Enemy Unknown) was announced long after the FPS one and it will release way before.

i think it is mostly money issues these days, with alot of companies.

#2258 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

I renewed mine on Friday when I picked Borderlands 2 and all I did was printed the paper from the preorder machine that they have. I got an email today saying that I successfully renewed my subscription til 9/21/2013.

I hope it doesn't cause any problems with the $20 RZ bonus, since I was still GCU when I preordered.

#2259 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

I just finished pre-ordering and paying off Fifa 13. I wonder when the $20 gift cert will post on my account. I am unsure which to purchase with my cert, dishonored or borderlands 2.

#2260 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

I just finished pre-ordering and paying off Fifa 13. I wonder when the $20 gift cert will post on my account. I am unsure which to purchase with my cert, dishonored or borderlands 2.

did you enroll in gamers unlocker membership? bestbuy site says you have to wait 30 days from the day you pickup your game

#2261 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

I don't know if you've heard but you're thinking of the shooter XCOM no subtitle. It's been stuck in development hell for a while and I'll be surprised if it comes out and even more it it's of any quality, but who knows. Maybe Enemy Unknown will build up some brand equity. That would be cool. This game deserves it.

#2262 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

Yes sir, I enrolled yesterday. I am also a Premier Silver Member. Cashier explained that both my accounts are linked.

#2263 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

It is supposed to say "Exchange" on top of the receipt instead of "Return." You are probably gonna have to call best buy in 30 days have the points dont show. And the two gamers club accounts will also be a problem.

it says "exchange" at the top, but then next to the borderlands 2 preorder it says "return" and $5 credit

is this what it's supposed to say?

#2264 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:59 AM

Ended up canceling my pre-orders that I had made in-store and made them again online for instore pick up. Don't want to deal with any issues

#2265 MeteoSparkZero

MeteoSparkZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

I should get my $20 from the BL2 preorder in a few weeks.

The only question is what to use it for.
Should I add some MS points to buy the BL2 season pass, or use it on a preorder for Dishonored?
Posted Image

#2266 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:26 AM

If there's no form attached to your mag in the mail just goto the store & either use the subscription printout from the kiosk or the barcode from the booklets in-store. Give them your RZ card on the same receipt & it will just extend you current sub they may ask you to confirm so info that's all. MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR FREE COPY OF THE MAG TOO just have them scan the mag on the same receipt & it'll ring up free.

Hope they can sustain this level of hot deals :hot:

If you're enjoying the credit promos continue to suggest titles that need credit deals here, although they won't be added to this specific promo the consistant request will open BB's eyes to add promos for other titles. There's only 67 votes to get $20 credits added to more games gotta get that up over 100 vote people.
And it isn't just limited to day 1, there's the $20-$30 RZ offers & @gamer coupons that can come into play which will help those who have backlogs to get thru.
http://forums.bestbu...mo/idi-p/531520

you do realize nba 2k13 and re 6 has not yet being released right? you cannot use the coupon on preorders

I answered this in another thread, his strategy will work. You have to pre-order the games like normal but just purchase the titles using the b2g1 coupons. Try to make sure the free game isn't one you need for a $20 credit but you should still be able to get the credit even if it's the free one but you may have to call/pm the forums mods. After you receive the $20 credits either transfer the $5 pre-orders to other titles,

Edited by Enuf, 24 September 2012 - 07:26 AM.

#2267 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Borderlands 2 already appeared on mine and my fiance's accounts, I wish Hitman was a part of the deal, guess I can use my lamestop points to get 25 off of it.

#2268 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

Not sure if the XCOM deal will be in-store as well just waiting on a response from corp
http://forums.bestbu...-p/583962#M7133

#2269 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

After all my certs and MW3 trade-in,

Borderlands 2 - $25
Resident Evil 6 - $25
Black Ops 2 - $25

:bouncy:

#2270 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

My borderlands 2 points already posted. I woke up to a $20 GC. Hopefully you all have the same.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#2271 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Ended up canceling my pre-orders that I had made in-store and made them again online for instore pick up. Don't want to deal with any issues

That seems to be a wise decision. All my future pre-orders will definitely be done online with in-store pickup, if I go with BB again.

My Borderlands 2 points still aren't even pending.
Posted Image

#2272 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Does anyone know how to move a pre-order to a different game or purchase? I pre-ordered the regular version of Halo 4 accidentally, and while I was at BB recently I went ahead and pre-ordered the limited version (didn't have my reciept with me.) How can I move the pre-order for the regular version to something differnt (or get a refund on it?) And I somehow forgot to get the poster on BOTH pre-orders. Totally walked out without it.

On another note, my RZ points for pre-ordering Borderlands are not showing up. Borderlands has shown up (it looks weird though - its saying I only paid $4 for it, therefore I'm only getting 8 points for it with the GC double credit.) I'm guessing this means I'll need to be calling RZ customer service since I doubt the 1000 points is going to show up at this point...

Posted Image

#2273 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

Go up to CS and cancel it. Or go up to CS with a different preorder slip and say you want to cancel one and use the money to preorder another.

#2274 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Go up to CS and cancel it. Or go up to CS with a different preorder slip and say you want to cancel one and use the money to preorder another.

Heh, this seems way to easy. I see my local BB customer service head exploding when I ask them to do this (I love the gaming rep at my store, but the CS desk there is probably the most atrocious I've seen outside of a Wal Mart - and some of those WM CS desks put my BB CS to shame.)

Posted Image

#2275 twisted poke

twisted poke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Is it too late to get in-store pickup for Fifa? Not seeing the option.

#2276 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Just pricematched Madden to get another $10 off (from Fry's). Definitely going to order 2K13 now and hope for a pricematch.

#2277 ps3gamer35

ps3gamer35

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Just pricematched Madden to get another $10 off (from Fry's). Definitely going to order 2K13 now and hope for a pricematch.

For 49.99? You could have price matched Target for that same price two weeks ago. You got lucky for Frys to have a sale.

#2278 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

For 49.99? You could have price matched Target for that same price two weeks ago. You got lucky for Frys to have a sale.

Yeah, I didn't see that sale. On another note, I asked the rep if I paid with both gift cards and reward zone certificates what would happen. They said as long as I paid some of it with a gift card, the pricematch would be a gift card sent to me. Is that how it works? Should the amount of the gift card I used be at least the pricematch amount?

#2279 ps3gamer35

ps3gamer35

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, I didn't see that sale. On another note, I asked the rep if I paid with both gift cards and reward zone certificates what would happen. They said as long as I paid some of it with a gift card, the pricematch would be a gift card sent to me. Is that how it works? Should the amount of the gift card I used be at least the pricematch amount?

Did you ask they send a new gift card to you? If not you have a gift card out there now floating with 10 extra dollars on it. They will put it right back on the gift card you used.

#2280 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm still waiting on my replacement gift card from the madden pm. lol