Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#211 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Wonder if they'll add any games to this list? I'd love to see NFS: Most Wanted on here after that awesome demonstration of it during EA's show today.

Its possible. Last year's 5 for $100 promo had games added to the promotion after the initial list.

Hopefully Darksiders 2 gets added. I preordered the CE at BB before it went oos.

#212 Chin35char

Chin35char

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Went to Best Buy yesterday and pre-ordered AC3, Dishonored, Halo 4 and Borderlands 2. The employee said that they may be adding games to the list as well.

#213 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

Its possible. Last year's 5 for $100 promo had games added to the promotion after the initial list.

Hopefully Darksiders 2 gets added. I preordered the CE at BB before it went oos.

i hope you are right

#214 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Sadly looking at that current list, the only games I would use the promo on is RE6 and ACIII. Stupid no PC game rule.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#215 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

What amazes me is I feel like there are just as many good games coming out Spring 2013 compared to Fall 2012. Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, God of War Ascension, Devil May Cry, South Park Stick of Truth, Metro Last Light, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Sim City. (whew). I'm sure a lot of these will get moved back just due to the amount of games that would have to fit that schedule.

I think this is because we are going to see MS and Sony launch new systems next Fall. There will be some overlap but all the 360 and PS3 games are going to launch in the next 18 months and then MAYBE we get some cross-platform games before everything is 720 and PS4.
Posted Image

#216 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

So can I do this in store? And if so can this be applyed to Halo 4 Limited Edition?

#217 howyoudoin

howyoudoin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

So can I do this in store? And if so can this be applyed to Halo 4 Limited Edition?

Yes and Yes

#218 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

I have a few questions since I am new to this Rewards Zone Thing.
I plan on taking advantage of the 100% Trade in Bonus to obtain if my math is correct in the games I have, close to $100,

I already have NCAA 13 preordered on Amazon for $45. Or use $45 dollars worth of credit at Best Buy to buy a Amazon gift card? or Do I go ahead and cancel this and start the chain of buying this Madden, and FIFA?

Essentaily I am asking to see what I should do to spend the least amount of actually CASH. I would like to be able to pay for most of this with credit, or the eCeritifcates. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#219 KansasFF

KansasFF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

I have a few questions since I am new to this Rewards Zone Thing.
I plan on taking advantage of the 100% Trade in Bonus to obtain if my math is correct in the games I have, close to $100,

I already have NCAA 13 preordered on Amazon for $45. Or use $45 dollars worth of credit at Best Buy to buy a Amazon gift card? or Do I go ahead and cancel this and start the chain of buying this Madden, and FIFA?

Essentaily I am asking to see what I should do to spend the least amount of actually CASH. I would like to be able to pay for most of this with credit, or the eCeritifcates. Any help would be greatly appreciated

If you will have 100$ at BB to 'seed' your purchase chain you should start there... otherwise you are already out 45$ cash at Amazon. However... keep in mind the RZ points take 35 days to convert to rewards certs.

#220 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

If you will have 100$ at BB to 'seed' your purchase chain you should start there... otherwise you are already out 45$ cash at Amazon. However... keep in mind the RZ points take 35 days to convert to rewards certs.

I think the spacing will be fine because NCAA releases 7/10. Madden would be the next game releasing 8/28. FIFA 9/25. Almost a month in between each of them. Obviously you are saying I am going to save money in the long run because of the RZ points, Ill be spending less on each game down the road

#221 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Updated and cleaned up the OP a bit.

I didn't want this thread to get buried and also wanted to bring to people's attention that Spec Ops: The Line comes out on June 26 and you can get a $10 GC if you preorder at BB. Check the link in the OP.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#222 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

If you're referring to RZ certs you CAN price match to get the $20 back. You won't get cash though it'll be $20 in RZ unless you know a nice CSR that will override it accordingly.

Yes I am. So an override is needed in order to do this type of match? I tried to do this type of match a year or so ago and was denied. When was this changed?

#223 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

This thread is dangerous to my wallet... I still need to unlock but still lol. I don't see an expiration date on the OP. I take it this offer doesn't expire until the respective titles are released?

#224 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

On.the site it still says nothing about the whale Oil lamp, but the guy at my store said they got pre order info cards that acknowledge it. So, still, know one knows if the website will offer it?

#225 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

I think the spacing will be fine because NCAA releases 7/10. Madden would be the next game releasing 8/28. FIFA 9/25. Almost a month in between each of them. Obviously you are saying I am going to save money in the long run because of the RZ points, Ill be spending less on each game down the road

If there was an award for "most accurate username" you would definitely be a candidate.

#226 DFogz

DFogz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone received their $20 (or $10) pre-order bonus from Max Payne 3?
I know they said they'd e-mail us our GC codes, but I've got an issue with BBY where I don't get any e-mail from them...at all. So I need to know when to start calling their customer support to get mine.

#227 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone received their $20 (or $10) pre-order bonus from Max Payne 3?
I know they said they'd e-mail us our GC codes, but I've got an issue with BBY where I don't get any e-mail from them...at all. So I need to know when to start calling their customer support to get mine.

I got mine and spent it already. The email came 5/31. Double check your spam folder, then give customer service a call. Good luck.

#228 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Updated and cleaned up the OP a bit.

I didn't want this thread to get buried and also wanted to bring to people's attention that Spec Ops: The Line comes out on June 26 and you can get a $10 GC if you preorder at BB. Check the link in the OP.

I actually liked the Demo for this game. It is nothing groundbreaking but it seems fun. I was going to wait on this game but with the $10 + a 60 day PM window it might be worth the shot. I am not really looking at the MP so I could buy it for $50 and trade it in 2 weeks. I figure in 60 days that a game like this might see a drop to $29.99 to $34.99. If you got even $30 on trade this game is basically a free rental in time. Going to have to decide soon what to do.

Originally wanted to Redbox it but I guess they are not carrying it.
Posted Image

#229 ndcurtis

ndcurtis

Che@p Ass Person

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

I read through the first 4 pages of this thread and I tried searching with no luck to find the answer to a question asked by someone else. If you preordered before this deal was announced will they honor the $20 RZ for the preorder?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#230 alex12353

alex12353

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

I searched and couldn't really find an answer to this question, so I guess I'll ask. Can I order online and have it be shipped or does it have to be in store pickup?

#231 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Yes I am. So an override is needed in order to do this type of match? I tried to do this type of match a year or so ago and was denied. When was this changed?

It's really just a simple pm but your BB reps were @ss. RZ are considered payment so just like cash but some reps think differently. The system will automatically refund in the order RZ certs, giftcard & finally cash/credit. Obviously, they'd prefer you to have RZ or GC back since it's "locked" into BB(not really) but I've had it overrided more than once just b/c my BB reps where nice.

This thread is dangerous to my wallet... I still need to unlock but still lol. I don't see an expiration date on the OP. I take it this offer doesn't expire until the respective titles are released?

Pretty much going to be the same rules as the 5 for $100 deal.
Here's the FAQ from the 5 for $100 deal
http://forums.bestbu...mes/td-p/288588

I read through the first 4 pages of this thread and I tried searching with no luck to find the answer to a question asked by someone else. If you preordered before this deal was announced will they honor the $20 RZ for the preorder?

Should automatically be done but this will be covered in the BB official FAQ. But there could be system issues just being honest.

I searched and couldn't really find an answer to this question, so I guess I'll ask. Can I order online and have it be shipped or does it have to be in store pickup?

Valid for in-store/online just like the 5 for $100 deal. You just need to meet the normal requirements for most RZ deals
1-Pre-order the game by the Monday BEFORE it releases
2-Pick it up no later than the Sat/ of it's release week(this may be extended for in-store p/u as seen with the MP3 deal but this is generally the rule)

#232 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

You forgot search the BB website, as it clearly states you can do either.

Remember people, start as the source for any questions. Then Google( found it works a LOT better than the site search, which always gives me bizarre results) . Then ask here. You'll usually get your answer faster.

#233 DFogz

DFogz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I got mine and spent it already. The email came 5/31. Double check your spam folder, then give customer service a call. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, glad to know people have already gotten theirs. I'll start calling today.
Checked the spam and nothing, I've been having a weird issue with them for over a year now and no one can figure out why, but I just don't get any e-mails from them at all. It sucks because I'm a Silver member too, and have never gotten a single Premiere members offer/coupon

#234 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

While this 20$ credit is good all of these games will get cheap fast except for mabye halo 4 and black ops 2. I'll just play some older games in my backlog untill the games I want on this list drop in price
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#235 Foxconn Worker

Foxconn Worker

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

from all u guys who did these preorders in the past what is the percentage usually 4 when another competitor has a sale on a new release game in the first month? would like to get in on this but if theirs no price match involved the its like 40$ including tax basically not really that great of a deal.

#236 ddog510

ddog510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

If they added Watch Dogs, I'd jump in on this.
Posted Image

#237 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Watch Dogs may not even come out this gen so don't anticipate many deals for it until it gets a firm street date.

#238 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

Kinda crazy the 1 EA Sports game it doesn't cover is NHL 13.

#239 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

While this 20$ credit is good all of these games will get cheap fast except for mabye halo 4 and black ops 2. I'll just play some older games in my backlog untill the games I want on this list drop in price

Yeah I agree, seeing how tons of games are coming out this holiday season, most of them will be ignored and price drops will happen. That is why you should pick games that either don't drop in price for awhile or a game that will contain tons of content.

I have so far pre-ordered Black Ops 2 (I know it will take awhile for it to drop and I can probably break even when I trade it back in a month later. Black Ops 1 still has a $24 trade in value after 100% bonus at BB. :-#) and Assassins Creed 3 ($20 back, steelbook, 2 more pre-order exclusive DLC). Paying $120 and getting $40 back for these 2 titles day 1 is better than nothing, plus it gives me a reason to make the most out of my unlocked subscription. :D

The games on the list are all coming out this year...

#240 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

Yeah I agree, seeing how tons of games are coming out this holiday season, most of them will be ignored and price drops will happen. That is why you should pick games that either don't drop in price for awhile or a game that will contain tons of content.

I have so far pre-ordered Black Ops 2 (I know it will take awhile for it to drop and I can probably break even when I trade it back in a month later. Black Ops 1 still has a $24 trade in value after 100% bonus at BB. :-#) and Assassins Creed 3 ($20 back, steelbook, 2 more pre-order exclusive DLC). Paying $120 and getting $40 back for these 2 titles day 1 is better than nothing, plus it gives me a reason to make the most out of my unlocked subscription. :D

The games on the list are all coming out this year...

hey htz, do borderland games tend to drop price fast like assassins creed games?