Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2911 HDShadow

HDShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

I had to take long pauses between Leon's first mission. It's god-awful. All I'll say on that is beware of cars.

His campaign gets much better. There has been only one other moment that I've been super frustrated with the game and I'm about to start the last chapter tomorrow.

#2912 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

I had to take long pauses between Leon's first mission. It's god-awful. All I'll say on that is beware of cars.

His campaign gets much better. There has been only one other moment that I've been super frustrated with the game and I'm about to start the last chapter tomorrow.

Leon's first mission started ok then went downhill after
Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2913 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

You can only do Ada's after you've beaten the other 3. You can switch off between the unlocked campaigns though. I played 3 chapters with Leon then started Chris' campaign. Just do chapter select from the menu instead of continue.

Ah that sucks I can't play Ada's first. Nice to know I can switch between the other two though. Thanks for the info.

#2914 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

I'm really sorry for asking this here but I just bought a 360 slim last week and I can't decide if I should get the Nyko STS intercooler, I really just want it as I have 2 dogs who shed a lot and my PS3 gets really dusty as it is and I'm afraid with the big vent on the side of the Xbox if it will easily trap dust and dog hair inside, anybody with knowledge/experience with this could please help me out? I'd really appreciate, again I'm sorry for posting this here but idk where else to ask as YouTube videos aren't really helping me out

#2915 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Well damn, looks like Ps3 isn't getting a medal of honor beta. Was tempted to do a blind preorder, but now I'm kind of annoyed.

#2916 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Well damn, looks like Ps3 isn't getting a medal of honor beta. Was tempted to do a blind preorder, but now I'm kind of annoyed.

IIRC the first MoH beta was 360 only too...EA's playing both sides of the field with exclusive content (Battlefield for PS3 and MoH for 360).

uc.png

#2917 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

I pre-ordered Halo 4, Black Ops 2, and Assassin's Creed 3 in June and Never got the dog tags or the steel book for assassin's creed. Do they usually have more when the game comes out?

#2918 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

If you don't like the terms of the deal, than don't take part of the deal. No one's forcing you to prorder at BB.

WOW - you really got me there... :applause: how long did it take for you to come up with that? is that an official best buy small print policy - if you got a problem wih it then no one is forcing you to preorder?

Anyways...

thanks to others for sharing there experience and giving an actual valid statement on the matter.

#2919 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

same here, i would of preordered if i could have tried out the demo. i won't feel sorry for ea at all, if the game flops ,LOL

#2920 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

So is the official process at Best Buy for the computer to acknowledge it as a fulfilled preorder to: Come up as an exchange receipt at pickup, with the preorder marked as a RETURN and whatever game you bought to automatically ring in $5 cheaper?

#2921 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Re6 doesnt totally suck but its not the 9.1 I thought it would be. Camera is bad, ammo is almost non existent, and worse of all you cant pause the game.

BTW the begg. to chapter 2 of jake's story was some of the most frustrating gameplay Ive had since my playthrough of ninja gaiden 3.

I guess, at least from the ammo perspective, it depends on the difficulty.

What difficulty are you playing it in?

I played Jake's story on Amateur (easy difficulty) and had 100 bullets by half of the 1st segment. Over 200 bullets by the giant boss fight. SO for me, there was too much ammo. Again, maybe it depends on the difficulty, since ammo was more than generous in my game.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#2922 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

I received my BL2 points and code days later. I picked up RE6 on Tuesday and have not received my code yet. It just showed on my reward zone this morning that I got it Tuesday. I really do not like the BB pre-order system. I got bounce around a lot on their phone support (silver member) because no one knew about the BL2 pre-order bonus. Because I got bounced around, they gave me a $25 giftcard and an additional 500 RZ points on top of the $20 RZ promo. I ended up paying about $24 out of pocket for RE6

I'm not really looking forward to picking up Halo 4 and COD BO2 from there. However, Amazon doesn't give much incentive anymore to buy from them either.

#2923 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

People are getting them early because they are getting them from the date they preordered it on, not the pick up date. So I preordered mine Borderlands 2 on 9/1 and got my 1000 points on 10/2, unfortunately I preordered RE6 on 9/1 too, picked it up 10/2 on release and have my points pending right now, if I get them early great, if not, no big deal. You do not need to roll every cert from one game to the immediate next one out. I am still able to use them on something I was going to get anyways, such as my RE6 and Dishonored points will go towards BLOPS 2 or Halo 4 and I would pay $40 less for it.

edit: also if the price drops within 30 days (60 days for silver members) one can PM it to another store and get that $30 price tag anyways.

This logic doesn't make sense.... I preordered mine this summer. So I should have had my $20 GC before the game even came out. It's always been in relation to pick-up date just like PM is. It's so you can't get the points and just return the game getting free points.

Unless you're just talking about your reward points for purchase not the Bonus $20. I got my regular points a couple days ago. Never went pending... just appeared.

Edited by Woocls, 04 October 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#2924 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

I have not received my BL2 points yet, though they are pending. Are people talking about pending points, or did they really get them already? If so, that is weird, but welcome if you got them.

Crunchewy.png

#2925 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

I have not received my BL2 points yet, though they are pending. Are people talking about pending points, or did they really get them already? If so, that is weird, but welcome if you got them.

I actually got mine yesterday to use.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#2926 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

This logic doesn't make sense.... I preordered mine this summer. So I should have had my $20 GC before the game even came out. It's always been in relation to pick-up date just like PM is. It's so you can't get the points and just return the game getting free points.

Makes perfect sense, are you preordering online? Also you have to pick up the game for it to award you the points, not just give it to you because then you would not have fulfilled the order. Notice how borderlands 2 was ordered 9/1 and I got 1000 points from it on 10/2

Posted Image

#2927 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

I think it would be a lot easier and would calm a lot more people if they just did this $20 promo like they did with ME3. With purchase/preorder of that game, you got a printable $20 GC emailed to you..NOT RZ points equivilant to $20.

I got that $20 GC about a week after I bought ME3. Easiest freebie GC I've received from Best Buy.

The key to that would be to not let people know they're getting the GC emailed, that way, chances are, the person has already opened the game and is playing it, that way when the GC comes, they can't go and get a refund on the game even though its still under 30 days.

#2928 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Unless you're just talking about your reward points for purchase not the Bonus $20. I got my regular points a couple days ago. Never went pending... just appeared.

I preordered my games online for shipping back in July. The purchases don't show up until the game ships. Once they show up all the points, including bonus points, are available because it's going by the July date. That's how it's working in my account.

#2929 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

My points BL2 bonus points cleared yesterday, about 2 weeks earlier then they should have. Its been happening with all my purchases lately and I'm not sure way.

I think it would be a lot easier and would calm a lot more people if they just did this $20 promo like they did with ME3. With purchase/preorder of thy game, you got a printable $20 GC emailed to you..NOT RZ points equivilant to $20.

I got that $20 GC about a week after I bought ME3. Easiest freebie GC I've received from Best Buy.

It would be easier for people to just return the game and keep the GC if they did it that way. This way is fine, they just need to better inform their employees on how to correctly process a pre-order pickup so people wont run into issues with receiving their cert and DLC.

#2930 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

off topic, but why doesn't bestbuy have preorder for Aliens: Colonial Marines in xbox 360/ ps3? is it cancelled?

#2931 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

My points BL2 bonus points cleared yesterday, about 2 weeks earlier then they should have. Its been happening with all my purchases lately and I'm not sure way.

It would be easier for people to just return the game and keep the GC if they did it that way. This way is fine, they just need to better inform their employees on how to correctly process a pre-order pickup so people wont run into issues with receiving their cert and DLC.

Man, I wish my extra $20 would show up early... I'd love to flip it over toward Dishonored. But it's no big loss... I'm sure I'll spend $20 at BB at some point in the next couple months.

#2932 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

I know they had a poll at BB forums trying to waive your return option and get points
quicker.

I pre ordered on 9/8 for BL2 and says available around 10/13 so looks like it goes by preorder date not release.

#2933 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

i think i'm in the same boat - preordered online, not in store pickup.

according to best buy.com - it shows order completed but
according to my rz.com - it shows total earned with this transaction 223

i called best buy to try to get this sorted out and they say that they see it pending in there system... but i have checked 100x times and don't see it in my screen in the past 2yr records.

i think it's time to give them another call.

#2934 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

i called best buy to try to get this sorted out and they say that they see it pending in there system... but i have checked 100x times and don't see it in my screen in the past 2yr records.

The RZ website has 2 sides. There's an internal BB one that they can access and there's an external one that we gamers use.

The external one is a little wonky. I've validated this by attempting to report what I thought were missing preorders in the past whenever the RZ site went glitchy and couldnt display my transaction but in doing so the system would report that the reported transaction was ”already applied to the account.” Sometimes logging right back in or just checking the site a couple of days later showed my missing transaction again. This would explain the missing transactions others have reported about. Point is at the end of the day you're fine as long as you link your transaction with your RZ account.

That and wait 30 days. I cannot emphasize my last point enough.

#2935 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

My Borderlands 2 points just banked. 14 days after pick-up is not too shabby. Now I will put that towards my Dishonored. Anyone ever try to apply a RZ cert to a pitch in card? Pretty sure it won't work but that system is a little screwy.
Posted Image

#2936 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

My Borderlands 2 points just banked. 14 days after pick-up is not too shabby. Now I will put that towards my Dishonored. Anyone ever try to apply a RZ cert to a pitch in card? Pretty sure it won't work but that system is a little screwy.

On the screen where you specify the "payment method" for adding to a Pitch-In Card, the option to select RZ certificates isn't even clickable--instead there's the disclaimer "Reward Zone certificates cannot be used to contribute to a Pitch-In Card", or something to that effect.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2937 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

On the screen where you specify the "payment method" for adding to a Pitch-In Card, the option to select RZ certificates isn't even clickable--instead there's the disclaimer "Reward Zone certificates cannot be used to contribute to a Pitch-In Card", or something to that effect.

Thanks! I was pretty sure you could not but thought I would ask. No biggie.
Posted Image

#2938 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

What about buying a gift card in store using the RZ cert?

Posted Image

#2939 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

What about buying a gift card in store using the RZ cert?

I know you can use them towards a prepaid Visa and a Kindle card but another BBY gc is a no go.
Posted Image

#2940 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Did you actually click the transaction? Mine didn't post pending total till week later, but if you double click on transaction it showed 1000 points earned.