[DEAD] Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST $10, Halo: Reach & Halo: CEA $30 @Best Buy

[quote name='YBX87']which one is the best one?[/QUOTE]

I liked Halo 3 the best, but honestly I think they're all good.

[quote name='Vap']I liked Halo 3 the best, but honestly I think they're all good.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. You can't go wrong with any of them (maybe not CEA, I couldn't get into it because they didn't fundamentally change the gameplay itself and it hasn't aged well, though it certainly wasn't bad). But 3, ODST, and Reach are all fantastic.

I think halo 3 is the cheapest it's been. Will finally pick it up to complete my collection.
Halo3:eek:dst has been $6 on clearance at target, long gone now.
CEA has been $20 recently
reach has been bundled as a pack in and cheap too, I think $15 for the CE version.

Halo reach is by far my favorite and most "complete" feeling experience. Tons of game modes for multiplayer, a great single player with some interesting characters.

Enough has been said about Halo CE, a great bonus is the game comes with a 7 map dlc code for Reach. But if you haven't played Halo CE, this is an amazing upgrade to one of my favorite campaigns of all time.

ODST is great for a little expansion, if you look at it like that. If you are a fan of Firefly, having three of the voice actors doing their firefly personas is quite a nice touch.

I personally feel 3 was the worst in the series, the campaign was quite straightforward and the multplayer level designs had a lot of problems. And at this point you need all the DLC to play 90% of the playlists online, so be ready to buy.

Wonder if ODST will ever be $5 Daily Deal.

Halo 3 is outstanding....if you've played the first two. If you're just getting into the series, I don't think you'd get the same experience out of it. It is one of my all-time favorites, but that is because it wrapped up a tremendous storyline. They just kept getting better and etter.

Reach is an outstanding game, and packed with a ton of things to do. Campaign, Multiplayer, Firefight, Forge, Theater. And even though it's currently the newest Halo game, it's a very good place to start if you're new to the series.

ODST, was my least favorite of all the Halo games....and that includes Halo Wars.
I didn't care for the city. Nice idea, but you really couldn't interact with it much.
I'm one who didn't care for the voice actors AT ALL. Thought the actors, combined with the goofy dialouge, was a huge letdown. And I know some people loved the music, but that was something else that just ruined the game for me.

[quote name='XF Gator']Or get Halo Reach $13 shipped on Half.com with promo code FREESHIP.

What a noob thread.[/QUOTE]

What a dickish comment. The OP is just posting the advertised sale for all Halo games at Best Buy this week. Chill out dude.

Went for Halo 3 and Halo: ODST. Thankfully, I had a leftover balance from a gift card, so I only spent $12 and some change out of my own pocket. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='XF Gator']Or get Halo Reach $13 shipped on Half.com with promo code FREESHIP.

Good $13.00
Item can be missing only one of the following items:
Media box or sleeve

Artwork

Instructions

DVD, CD, game disc, or game cartridge can be lightly scratched or scuffed
The media item must work without the need of repair or resurfacing

Skipping CDs, DVDs, and game discs can't be sold

Fuzzy or snowy VHS tapes can't be sold

Games that don't load or play can't be sold

Brand New $24.65

I'm not seeing where you can buy Halo Reach for $13.00 Brand New at Half.com.

[quote name='josekortez']Went for Halo 3 and Halo: ODST. Thankfully, I had a leftover balance from a gift card, so I only spent $12 and some change out of my own pocket. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

In case you don't know, the ODST multiplayer disc has ALL the Halo 3 multiplayer maps, so don't buy any if you were considering it!

[quote name='Dund3r']What a dickish comment. The OP is just posting the advertised sale for all Halo games at Best Buy this week. Chill out dude.[/QUOTE]

There's already a BB weekly ad thread, and these are pretty lukewarm. Thanks for your input though.

I haven't played them for awhile now but if you like multiplayer pick up ODST. It has all of the halo 3 multiplayer maps on the 2nd disc. The campaign was a little different then previous Halo's as well and quite good I thought.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']In case you don't know, the ODST multiplayer disc has ALL the Halo 3 multiplayer maps, so don't buy any if you were considering it![/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know, Sharkey. Strangely enough, though, I'm one of the only Xbox 360 owners left on the planet who still isn't on Xbox Live.

Haven't seen ODST this cheap since I started actually looking for it. $6 at Target on clearence means it never happened near me. The Targets in my area NEVER have anything on clearence and if they do it's Dora the Explorer or some other worthless garbage.

I also believe Reach is the best Halo game. Easily looks the best, has the best gameplay, and the best MP. The story was probably better in 3, but I still liked the Reach experience the best.

I have not played any of these and already have CE. I'd like to play thru them all but not sure when I'd have the time with my large backlog. $10 is probably as low as I'll ever find them new. I wonder if they'll eventually re-do Halo 2.

I personally think CEA is a superb game. Gameplay holds up well, and adding widescreen, HD and 3D make it amazing to play. Maybe not worth $30 since it has been cheaper, but it's a great time.

I just picked up Halo 3 ODST. I always wanted it and enjoy playing the halo 3 multiplayer so the bouns maps were a excellent addition. Plus, I already have Halo Reach (which I really enjoy the multiplayer on as well) but I really don't care for the anniversary edition of Halo 1. I love the graphics update but other than that, it's just the same old game.

[quote name='XF Gator']There's already a BB weekly ad thread, and these are pretty lukewarm. Thanks for your input though.[/QUOTE]

I don't see these mentioned anywhere in the weekly ad thread probably because they aren't in the standard weekly ad, just some supplement on the website. Do you have any more pointless crapping you want to add to this thread? You're 2 for 2 so far.

halo 3 and odst are pretty good deals, and a few people here including myself would not have seen them if not for this thread.

Trying to compare used game prices to that of new game prices is an exercise in futility. I am assuming of course that you understand the difference between used games and new games. The fact that you then go on to insult the OP'er simply because he started a thread about the current sale prices on Halo games.....well, your either not playing with a full deck or your just a total di*k. My money is on the latter.

Set ODST to hard difficulty and that was my favorite experience... Reach may be the best story, I still can tell you what happened, not a clue what Halo 3's plot was other than shoot aliens while your built-in AI has an acid trip every half hour.

[quote name='fadersdream'] not a clue what Halo 3's plot was other than shoot aliens while your built-in AI has an acid trip every half hour.[/QUOTE]

well said, I found 3 to be the worst in the series, especially MP. Campaign was slightly below decent: but for $10? probablly worth it.

In it for ODST at $9.99, beat Halo 3 a few years ago, never got to pick up ODST and $10 is a great price for it considering that's what it should be going for.

Do everyone on this site a favor and have a one car accident.

In terms of MP;

Halo CE (OLD MP)>Halo 2>Halo 3>Reach

In terms of story;

Halo CE>Halo 3>Reach>Halo 2

ODST is a great story line that doesn't really compare to the others, so I won't rate it. It's just very different compared to the other games. It's a whole lot of fun and pretty damn good though.

Got Halo 3 limited edition couple years ago for tax after coupon at FYE. Only Halo ever played, campaign was epic and I hate shooters

[quote name='Demontooth']Do everyone on this site a favor and have a one car accident.[/QUOTE]

Wow, speechless. Sorry you feel that way.

I'm an eBayer, so naturally anything costing more than the resale value is a no-deal. Hope you guys pick these up, so there's less competition on Black Friday. Halo CEA was $15 at the Microsoft Store on BF 2011 and recently on GameFly. See the issue with $30?

[quote name='XF Gator']Wow, speechless. Sorry you feel that way.

I'm an eBayer, so naturally anything costing more than the resale value is a no-deal. Hope you guys pick these up, so there's less competition on Black Friday. Halo CEA was $15 at the Microsoft Store on BF 2011 and recently on GameFly. See the issue with $30?[/QUOTE]

Don't be sorry, go for a drive.

[quote name='Vap']I liked Halo 3 the best, but honestly I think they're all good.[/QUOTE]

I thought Reach was the best tbh. Takes more risks with the typical Halo campaign.

[quote name='XF Gator']Where's your car parked? This could be fun.[/QUOTE]

As long as you have adequate insurance I'll park all three in an open parking lot for you. But no seatbelt and get up a good head of steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back