Dirt Showdown at Amazon ($29.99 after $10 credit)

It's $39.99 with $10 credit since the credit does not immediately reduce the price of the game. You are still charged $39.99.

[quote name='ijustw1n']It's $39.99 with $10 credit since the credit does not immediately reduce the price of the game. You are still charged $39.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SynGamer']It's still coming out to roughly $30 for the game, STFU and enjoy the deal :D In 4 one, hell yes![/QUOTE]

I have to agree with ijustw1n. $40 and a $10 credit is different than paying $30 for a game. A lot of people use gift cards/credit to purchase a game with no $$$ out of pocket so yes, while it may be a deal, it is still a big difference.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']I have to agree with ijustw1n. $40 and a $10 credit is different than paying $30 for a game. A lot of people use gift cards/credit to purchase a game with no $$$ out of pocket so yes, while it may be a deal, it is still a big difference.[/QUOTE]

But most CAGs should know by now that Amazon hardly ever has coupons to knock down the initial price, they always do credits like this. Regardless, it's a great deal :)

This is done by posters on SD just to make their deals look better. Then people bitch about it because it is in fact a dumb way to communicate the cost of a deal.

[quote name='maxrenderer']I know DIRT sim fans are pissed about the direction this game took, but I'm a fan of destruction derby and DIRT, so I'm in for one at this price.[/QUOTE]They're pissed that this is coming out between regular DiRT releases? So, they're mad that we get this game and then DiRT 4 will release later on? I'm not going to complain about branching out while still keeping the core series. This game looks like a lot of fun. :bouncy:

[quote name='Japakneez']This is done by posters on SD just to make their deals look better. Then people bitch about it because it is in fact a dumb way to communicate the cost of a deal.[/QUOTE]Very true and sadly, people will complain because we want accuracy.

Awesome deal. In for 1 on 360.

Seems Amazon will continue to add more games to this "Dads & Grads" sale for a couple more weeks (this is week 2 of this sale).

Do we know if Dirt Showdown needs an online pass? I never played Dirt 3 but if Dirt 3 needed a pass, I will assume that Showdown will need one as well. If it does not have a pass, I will just rent.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Do we know if Dirt Showdown needs an online pass? I never played Dirt 3 but if Dirt 3 needed a pass, I will assume that Showdown will need one as well. If it does not have a pass, I will just rent.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does need one. In fact i saw they are already available on PSN or XBLA.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='6er']The reviews make it sound like its pretty short and repetitive[/QUOTE]

Yeah the reviews make it sound like 39.99 should be the MSRP for this game.

[quote name='robodaddyo']They're pissed that this is coming out between regular DiRT releases? So, they're mad that we get this game and then DiRT 4 will release later on? I'm not going to complain about branching out while still keeping the core series. This game looks like a lot of fun. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Dirt fans will be really pissed if they make Dirt Showdown to get the dudebro gymkhana/derby stuff as a full game to separate the two approaches but leave gymkhana or something in Dirt 4. I don't have a huge problem with Dirt Showdown, as long as Dirt 4 is pure sim. There better not be one ounce of Ken Block brokhana in it.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Do we know if Dirt Showdown needs an online pass? I never played Dirt 3 but if Dirt 3 needed a pass, I will assume that Showdown will need one as well. If it does not have a pass, I will just rent.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it does. The online pass is already on the PSN store. It went up a week before the game was originally coming out and is still there.

I was really excited for the release of this game......until I played the demo. Far too arcadey feeling and the physics just aren't right. Just feels like a cheap knock off of a Dirt game using the same engine. I'll pass for now, but may be interested when it's a Black Friday $10 sale.

[quote name='Wario64']I really hate the thread title. I have a pet peeve against people who use gift credit as a sale price.[/QUOTE]

I actually like it better that way, at least for Amazon since I know I'm definitely just going to apply it to something I'd pay full price for anyway...to me, the incentive to purchase this game needs to be highlighted more than stuff I already have my eyes on. I mean, it does say "after" $10 credit so one would assume since it's Amazon that he's just talking about the after purchase acquisition. I get that it's annoying for a lot of you, but at the same time that other guy complained in another topic about an Amazon credit deal that it wasn't posted in the Amazon sticky, so maybe he just likes instigating.

[quote name='Trace17']
Dirt fans will be really pissed if they make Dirt Showdown to get the dudebro gymkhana/derby stuff as a full game to separate the two approaches but leave gymkhana or something in Dirt 4. I don't have a huge problem with Dirt Showdown, as long as Dirt 4 is pure sim. There better not be one ounce of Ken Block brokhana in it.

[/QUOTE]
THIS!!!

Also, it is NOT $29.99. You pay $40, THEN you get a $10 promo that you get to spend on the NEXT game you buy (I had to jump on in ;)).

I have about 25 dollars in credit at Amazon.

Both Gravity Rush and Lollipop Chainsaw drop on the same day.

Oh screw it, I ordered it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='twztid13']THIS!!!

Also, it is NOT $29.99. You pay $40, THEN you get a $10 promo that you get to spend on the NEXT game you buy (I had to jump on in ;)).[/QUOTE]

Net savings is the same so some of us do see it as paying less for a game we wouldn't want at full price in the end. I like thinking the savings are all attached to the lesser game versus what I would have ordered at full price anyway, but I buy MSRP games from Amazon every month so I'm not exactly an average CAG.

It's a matter of perspective, and while I understand wanting accuracy in thread titles, it does say "after" $10 credit. I think of it as emphasizing a reason to get this game alongside something else, which is the reason these businesses do this in the first place.

[quote name='Wario64']I really hate the thread title. I have a pet peeve against people who use gift credit as a sale price.[/QUOTE]
The internet is a sad place. Do you honestly think anyone cares what you hate or what your pet peeves are? Keep it to yourself. This is why I hardly ever post on any site because no matter how much you try to help people out, someone still finds a way to complain like a little bitch. You could find a cure for cancer using turkey gravy and a rubber band and someone would say, "But the rubber isn't good for the environment."

For everyone else, I'm glad you found the post useful.

[quote name='maxrenderer']The internet is a sad place. Do you honestly think anyone cares what you hate or what your pet peeves are? Keep it to yourself. This is why I hardly ever post on any site because no matter how much you try to help people out, someone still finds a way to complain like a little bitch. You could find a cure for cancer using turkey gravy and a rubber band and someone would say, "But the rubber isn't good for the environment."

For everyone else, I'm glad you found the post useful.[/QUOTE]

I think this site has become sad because instead of someone saying "hey, you're right, that makes sense that I should try to be as accurate as possible in what I post", we have more and more OPs who insist on taking a foolish position that they know is incorrect because they lack the integrity or self-confidence to admit a mistake and move on. This deal is $40 for the game and you get a $10 certificate that requires an additional purchase. The $40 part is a deal in itself given that the game is $60 MSRP. The $10 cert is also great because many of us buy lots of things from Amazon regularly. It doesn't change the fact that the game isn't $30 no matter how you try to justify it.

[quote name='bojay1997']I think this site has become sad because instead of someone saying "hey, you're right, that makes sense that I should try to be as accurate as possible in what I post", we have more and more OPs who insist on taking a foolish position that they know is incorrect because they lack the integrity or self-confidence to admit a mistake and move on. This deal is $40 for the game and you get a $10 certificate that requires an additional purchase. The $40 part is a deal in itself given that the game is $60 MSRP. The $10 cert is also great because many of us buy lots of things from Amazon regularly. It doesn't change the fact that the game isn't $30 no matter how you try to justify it.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't buy most games with credit if they didn't have credit, but I do buy MSRP anyway. If I get a game with credit, the incentive is to save money overall but I like to think of the credit game as the one with discount since it's what put me over the edge. It's a matter of perspective, so I don't think it's fair to act like it can't be justified to view this as a $29.99 Dirt.

[quote name='maxrenderer']The internet is a sad place. Do you honestly think anyone cares what you hate or what your pet peeves are? Keep it to yourself. This is why I hardly ever post on any site because no matter how much you try to help people out, someone still finds a way to complain like a little bitch. You could find a cure for cancer using turkey gravy and a rubber band and someone would say, "But the rubber isn't good for the environment."

For everyone else, I'm glad you found the post useful.[/QUOTE]

No, the thread title is worded poorly. No hard feelings man, it's not like I hate your guts or anything. Anyway, we are veering off topic right now.

If you guys are PC Gamers, you should check out ebay for steam codes, a lot of people got them from buying AMD graphics cards. They go for about 20$ or less.

[quote name='Wario64']No, the thread title is worded poorly. No hard feelings man, it's not like I hate your guts or anything. Anyway, we are veering off topic right now.[/QUOTE]Agreed, we are veering. I worded it the best I knew how with as much info as I could think of to make it make sense. Sorry to get your hopes up if it did that to you.

[quote name='bojay1997'] It doesn't change the fact that the game isn't $30 no matter how you try to justify it.[/QUOTE]
Actually, it's $30 for me since I have AZ credit in some obscene ass amount that I need to unload. So, having them dump $10 back in my stash, makes the game $30 for me. I'll just stop posting the deals I see...it will be easier that way.

[quote name='maxrenderer']I worded it the best I knew how with as much info as I could think of to make it make sense. Sorry to get your hopes up if it did that to you.[/QUOTE]:lol:

[quote name='maxrenderer']Actually, it's $30 for me since I have AZ credit in some obscene ass amount that I need to unload. So, having them dump $10 back in my stash, makes the game $30 for me. I'll just stop posting the deals I see...it will be easier that way.[/QUOTE]No. Just try to be honest and accurate when you post a deal. Don't make things up as if they're fact. That's all anyone is asking of anyone that posts a deal here. I'm sorry that it's so difficult for you to understand those simple concepts. :lol:

On topic, I saw the deal this morning and went for it. :bouncy:

[quote name='maxrenderer']Actually, it's $30 for me since I have AZ credit in some obscene ass amount that I need to unload. So, having them dump $10 back in my stash, makes the game $30 for me. I'll just stop posting the deals I see...it will be easier that way.[/QUOTE]

Haters gonna hate, my friend. Anytime I start a thread on CAG there are always trolls that phuck & fart all over it. Point is, don't let these kids get to you. Motorstorm icon guy and Dog-crying icon guy just seem to get upset easily.

This price rocks, the thread title is fine, and this game will be fun. Carry on and let's go do what we all come here for: play videogames.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Very true and sadly, people will complain because we want accuracy.[/QUOTE]

People will complain because some people simply love to bitch and moan. They literally start going into withdrawal if they go to long without bitching about something. He*l, it took longer for people to make a post complaining about the wording of this deal than it did for them to read the post and figure out its actually 39.99 with a 10 dollar credit. But again, that's just how some people are wired.

Title of the thread squabbles aside thanks for posting the deal OP! I have been using Amazon prime long enough to know that the $10 credit gets emailed to you separate from the price of the game, it's still $20 off and I am a DiRT addict. Cheers.

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']Anyone looking to get this for PC, I have a code for one. Would trade it for Just Cause 2. Or any offers. Not really interested in it.[/QUOTE]

Hang on i think i have Just cause 2 for ya, pm incoming

EDIT: NVm think i used it

[quote name='maxrenderer']Actually, it's $30 for me since I have AZ credit in some obscene ass amount that I need to unload. So, having them dump $10 back in my stash, makes the game $30 for me. I'll just stop posting the deals I see...it will be easier that way.[/QUOTE]

Or, you could act like a reasonable person and say, "hey, I can understand how it might be confusing, let me change the title of my helpful post that is otherwise informative so it can be totally accurate." But, feel free to be however you want to be, it doesn't change the fact that people may see the title and think the game is $30 all in which it isn't.

[quote name='bojay1997']Or, you could act like a reasonable person and say, "hey, I can understand how it might be confusing, let me change the title of my helpful post that is otherwise informative so it can be totally accurate." But, feel free to be however you want to be, it doesn't change the fact that people may see the title and think the game is $30 all in which it isn't.[/QUOTE]

You're not being reasonable either. Just as you feel it is never okay to call it $30, other people are going to look at credit deals by the overall net value and judge it as Dirt at $30. Since the credit is the real reason this is a deal in the first place...I personally care more about what is saved by buying Dirt (and thus I subtract it from this) than I do regarding other games which I'd buy no matter what.

If that bothers you, oh well, it's not "wrong" to value this deal in that regard. I will agree that it should have been more clear, but the backhanded stuff is annoying for anyone to read even if we agree so I don't expect the OP to act how you want them to act.

Yeah, the title is misleading. If I could get away with only paying $29.99 I'd order this right now, but now I have to look to see if there is anything I would want to use the $10 credit on.

[quote name='Japakneez']This is done by posters on SD just to make their deals look better. Then people bitch about it because it is in fact a dumb way to communicate the cost of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

The thread title is wrong, absolutely, but the way it was written I knew it was wrong the moment I saw it, and knew what the deal really was.

[quote name='Japakneez']This is done by posters on SD just to make their deals look better. Then people bitch about it because it is in fact a dumb way to communicate the cost of a deal.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the dumbest things I have read.

What benefit does the OP have if his deal "looks better"? Is he selling the game to you? . Maybe you guys should all feel dumb for falling for this again when you know how these things work 10 times over.

[quote name='cigaro']This is one of the dumbest things I have read.

What benefit does the OP have if his deal "looks better"?[/QUOTE]
Reps on slickdeals was his point. Now this stupidity has transferred over to cag due to laziness. What's wrong with demanding an accurate header? The op fixed his/her header so problem solved.

[quote name='PublikDefender']The op fixed his/her header so problem solved.[/QUOTE]
I actually never fixed it...the header you see is original. I tried to change it to something else, but couldn't figure out how.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Reps on slickdeals was his point. Now this stupidity has transferred over to cag due to laziness. What's wrong with demanding an accurate header? The op fixed his/her header so problem solved.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what about it is laziness here. Some people look at the net value and phrase it that way. I get that it's definitely better to be as accurate as possible to avoid confusion when sharing a deal, but if I order something because it has $10 credit I look at it the way the OP did. That's just a personal thing, though, and I realize that if I were to share this kind of deal I would clarify it as best I can (regardless of how I personally treat the savings) to avoid the flaming and people claiming it's impossible to perceive things a certain way.

[quote name='confoosious']amazon credit is like cash to me. I wonder if this is gonna be one of those super quick dropping games. $29.99 sounds great right now.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's like cash to me as well. I was also wondering about the price drop, but figured I love Dirt and car carnage, so spending $30 of AZ credit was ok for me. I'll get a lot of play out of the game. I just wonder when Birds of Steel and Motorstorm Apoc will drop. They've been up there for a while (granted BoS has only been out a few months and I heard it's amazing).

bread's done
Back