Cheap Ass Gamer at E3 2012

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

Watch Dogs turned into a day one buy for me.

Agreed. Watch Dogs looks intense!

#32 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not another crappy NFS game. EA think tank- lets not make the game everyone has wanted forever (NFS U3) lets remake a decent PS2 game with updated graphics and MP and sell it for $60, not this time EA you won't get my money again until it drops to GF $9, baby.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

i always wanted them to bring back that nfs from ps1 where you could race for pink slips. that game had a sick soundtrack.

#34 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

So no cheapass open bar this year? Or was I banned because of last year?

#35 Romis

Romis

Honor Among CAGS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

As I was Watching the UBISOFT Presentation I couldn't help but seem the similarities in premise of Watch Dogs and The Show "Person of Interest" on CBS
look forward to more details as it develops

#36 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

E3 coverage bores the shit out of me.

#37 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

Well most people forgot about Star Wars 1313.Looks freaking amazing and reminds me of Republic Commando.
http://www.gametrail...wars-1313/16504

#38 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

E3 just seems to get less exciting to me each year. Ah well. Whatever happened to overstrike?

#39 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Very good streaming yesterday, was a good idea.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#40 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Well most people forgot about Star Wars 1313.Looks freaking amazing and reminds me of Republic Commando.
http://www.gametrail...wars-1313/16504

Not forgot, they barely want to show us anything. So far it's your run-of-the-mill cover system 3rd person shooter. And it's Star Wars. I feel like they're playing it safe with another game like Unleashed but with a bounty hunter instead. I need to see and hear way more before it might excite me.

#41 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Agreed. Watch Dogs looks intense!

That being said, like the Bioshock Infinite stuff we've seen so far, there is some question of how much of that stuff is scripted. Also, some have questioned if Ubisoft is able to pull off the coolness for a whole game, or are they going to water it down.

The did say, BTW, that the demo was running on a PC.
Posted Image

#42 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

As I was Watching the UBISOFT Presentation I couldn't help but seem the similarities in premise of Watch Dogs and The Show "Person of Interest" on CBS
look forward to more details as it develops

My podcast co-host said the same thing on Twitter. Never watched the show but have seen it advertised at GS.

#43 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

So no cheapass open bar this year? Or was I banned because of last year?

Last year's party cost more than Cheapy's wedding. Wombat brought up renting a movie theatre out but people hated on that idea so they ran out of time to plan something.

#44 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Umm wow, from tits to Watch Dogs Ubisoft has won E3 IMO. Aside from their per-usual annoying hosts, they simply had pure energy from start to finish. Watch Dogs will be best of show hands down. My only question is with the shift in player perspective, is there any online co-op we can expect? And while I feel Assassin's Creed has been milked to death, the game does look refreshing and finally has me excited. Far Cry 3 had me worried, but once they showed the sandbox gameplay I was ready to fall in love again.

Mega props for bringing in, you know, ACTUAL gamers to demo their Shootmania title. M$, EA, Nintendo, and Sony could all learn a thing or two about playing to your core audience.
I can't believe it but in five years or better I'm actually incredibly excited for a new IP. Ubisoft certainly knows how to present stories in a gripping fashion IMO.

Yeah Ubisoft knocked it out of the park game-wise, but it's been confirmed that Shootmania footage was pre-recorded from a live stream 2 weeks ago.

#45 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Yeah Ubisoft knocked it out of the park game-wise, but it's been confirmed that Shootmania footage was pre-recorded from a live stream 2 weeks ago.

Doesn't matter. The point was they had real gamers, world champs, on hand to present their game. Everyone else likes to bring in celebrities to present games and 99% are not core gamers, just pretenders.

#46 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Doesn't matter. The point was they had real gamers, world champs, on hand to present their game. Everyone else likes to bring in celebrities to present games and 99% are not core gamers, just pretenders.

While true, it's too bad I have a hard time getting excited for anything Ubisoft because of their treatment towards PC gamers with their DRM and shitty ass authentication servers.

And before anybody says it, no it's not the same/worse than Blizzard.

#47 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

OK, I can't take Nintendo's presser anymore. Too windy, too late, and too awkward. The highlight, as always, Miyamoto-san.

Call me when they decide to make Super Mario RPG 2.

#48 west goat

west goat

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

First audioboo is up. Talking about the conferences.
The iTunes subscription to Audioboo works too. Sweet.

#49 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Wii U looks great. But I don't expect it to be more than a 1st party machine.

#50 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

"...and grandma had a stroke"

#51 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Man, I want this game. NOW.

#52 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

Cheapy, if you don't go to Game 4, then you aren't a true hockey fan.

#53 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

Maybe it is because Wombat's kids are still under 3 or 4, but NintendoLand looks like the type of videogame our family plays together. Granted I dozed off while they were talking about it. But I assume the gist of it is a bunch of 1 vs 3 mini-games where the team of 1 has the gamepad. :)

Not sure what Nintendo was supposed to do for Ship. They showed off Pikmin3 and SMB which he seemed interested in. 2 good games at launch is a lot. Plus UBi showed off a Rayman and ZombieU. If all those end of being great games then that would be an unheard of launch.

But I still remember Red Steel at the Wii launch and how rushed that was. HEar that Ubi?

Now again WiiU isn't going to be a violent 3rd party machine except for ports. What is likely to happen is 3rd parties release these ports. They don't sell because consumers have played them or see that the same game is under $20 on another system. Then the 3rd parties conclude that these games don't sell on the WiiU and then they don't get made.

Or maybe they sell out of the gate. And a few day and date third party games also get released on the Wii U in the next 2 years. That is until the next-gen 360 and PS come out which will presumably create a big power gap between those systems and the Wii U. And no one will develop those games for the Wii U unless they are ports that are pruned and downgraded for Wii U with a GAmepad feature tacked on.

But for 1st party stuff. New ways to play. 3rd party stuff that is all ages or kids stuff or mainstream-y. That will be the Wii U.

Some of these features like IR for the TV and continuing games on the controller seem like features that help sell the system. My 2 kids share a 42" hdtv. If one can play a game on Wii U on his controller when the other wants to watch tv or even play another console or pc hooked up to the tv then that is a big selling point.

I did groan when they showed off wiimotes again and the balance board. It makes the system feel old. Couldn't they have updated the Wiimote somewhat? Improved the pointing functionality so I get less shakiness when pointing at the corners of my tv screen? Or...?

On the other hand would I want to pay for those controllers again. No.

Oh and I sold my balance board yesterday instead of trashing it.

#54 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

I was sadly underwhelmed by all three of the console manufacturer press conferences this year. I would have been happy to hear about a 3DS redesign, a console price drop, or something else exciting.

I'm always happy to hear about new games, but I was hoping for something more unique given that we're nearing the close of this hardware generation.

#55 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

I'm still hoping they announce the rumored 3DS XL at tomorrow's briefing.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#56 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

Listened to the Audioboo, just wanted to mention some things, as I've seen others with these same points:
- Last of Us: It didn't come across too well in the gameplay snippet, but the "hobos" were likely part of the bandit/looter gang that was established in a previous trailer, who have been trying to attack and kill the two characters ever since they arrived in the city.

- CoD BlOps 2: The "Snipe" icon was actually part of the new choice system, where you can decide how to proceed through a level, and supposedly your choices can change certain outcomes. At that point, the player must decide whether to snipe and provide covering fire, or rappel down with the rest of the team. In the video, you only see the alternate "Rappel" route for a few seconds, and you probably wouldn't know what it means unless you knew about this feature beforehand.

I'm still hoping they announce the rumored 3DS XL at tomorrow's briefing.

It's difficult to say when they'll announce it, since the rumors only state a potential release window of somewhere between summer and the holidays. It's possible that they could announce it tomorrow, but it sounds like the event will be software-focused. Heck, they could even pull an Apple by announcing and releasing it within the same month at either Gamescom or their annual Fall conference. The 360 redesign (same week) and PS3 Slim (within a month) showed this to be a viable plan. Even Nintendo has some precedent with this, as they announced the DSi in October and released it in Japan in November.

#57 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

E3 sounds bad this year. All the financial sites are questioning whether consoles will be around 15 years from now. Just looking at the gaming stocks is enough to tell you that something is going to have to change. These large publishers can't continue to lose money every year. Sony badly needs to do something of they're not going to be around. From the Audioboo it sounds like the WII U came off pretty bad too. This industry is in trouble.

#58 xmbri

xmbri

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

E3 sounds bad this year. All the financial sites are questioning whether consoles will be around 15 years from now. Just looking at the gaming stocks is enough to tell you that something is going to have to change. These large publishers can't continue to lose money every year. Sony badly needs to do something of they're not going to be around. From the Audioboo it sounds like the WII U came off pretty bad too. This industry is in trouble.

I have to say that was my guess too. None of the conferences gave me confidence in any one companies offerings. If I had to invest in a new gaming console and I had this year to base my decision on, I would be turned off. I would go with PC gaming, social gaming, or Ipad or Ipod touch, or Android device. The industry has reached a stale point and rehashing the same old stuff. The innovation is really coming from the IOS and Android areas. Why pay for a $60 rehash when I can easily get a quick fix on a game for $5. Console gaming has reached its end I think. I know alot of people and friends are in the same boat. It has just gotten so stale. Nothing really grabs me. And I have been playing games since Atari. This is the first time in gaming that I am completely not interested in anything from any company.

#59 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

the funny thing about the wiiu conference is how proud they were that you could use 2 wiipads with the console lol thats kinda sad considering when they first started talking about it they said youd be able to use 4 and add to that that the games didnt look too impressive on wiiu. yeah its early stuff but so were a number of sony and microsofts games so if thats nin pushing hd well goodluck.

#60 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

I fist pumped the man CheapyD himself in the MS area today. Like a wuss I didn't engage him him in deep conversation, just told him I enjoy his twitter feed. But I figured why bother the poor guy.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes