Resident Evil 6 E3 2012 story trailer

i looks like a present day action movie.....im not impressed though call me a whiny old dude but i miss what re used to be im sure this game will be fun and all but im still waiting and wanting for a proper ending to the earlier series that i know will never happen.

on top of that you know theyre going to capcom the hell out of this thing ( 2 or 3 diff versions and releases tons of on disk dlc) so for me im just going to wait for them to do a gold version and get everything all at once for a cheap price.

teacherboner.jpg

Hhhngngngng.

As much as people hated 5, I still felt it was more RE than this shit. Part of survival horror is psychological and without that feeling of isolation and terror, it will fail on every level possible.

The RE franchise is huge. There are movies, anime, and DLC and as a result they are toning it down and reining in the humor - and that is a huge shame.

RE4 was the greatest because it didn't take itself seriously. At all. Rescue the president's daughter? Castle-dwelling monks that eat brains? Giant robot shaped like the Napoleon kid? ALL AWESOME

Also WTF happened to Ada Wong. Didn't she used to be, you know, asian?

The QTE's don't look like they're a complete chore to get through this time around, so that's good enough for me. The fewer QTE's, the better.

[quote name='Jodou']As much as people hated 5, I still felt it was more RE than this shit. Part of survival horror is psychological and without that feeling of isolation and terror, it will fail on every level possible.[/QUOTE]
Quoting myself for truth. Finally got around to giving this turd a try and I've never been so disgusted with a game until now. Completely linear, terrible graphics, and trash gameplay. Not only is this not up to RE standards, it's not up to what I'd consider game standards. Maybe it was a huge mistake to try this just after finishing Tomb Raider but I doubt it's my imagination in thinking this should never have been released. I'll just rattle off a few things off the top of my head that bored the shit out of me after two hours:

- repetition: quick shoot a zombie, mash R1 until dead. That's all I did for two hours.
- QTE's: this game felt the need to populate every minute with some sort of QTE, whether it was fighting off zombies or boring event. And I thought God of Bore was bad. . .
- unlimited ammo/health: by the time I quit I had about 300 rounds of handgun ammo and 50 rounds of shotgun. When I started I had about 10. I had to start throwing items away it was so bad. Could I have raised the difficulty? Sure, but why make an already tedious, boring game even more unenjoyable?
- no sense of immersion or tension: with many areas constantly spitting zombies at you, there's no downtime or suspense. I died quite a bit before realizing that it made more sense to run past every zombie until the checkpoint, completely defeating the purpose of exploration or gunplay. And since I was just bypassing everything, why did I need items at all? They give you plenty every time there's a horde mode event anyway. Complete rubbish.

Simply put, I get more satisfaction of getting from point A to point B out of Tetris. This franchise is dead to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back