Best Buy E3 sale June 1st-7th

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

The games are actually all digital downloads, except RE6 itself.

Capcom just announced that Resident Evil 6 will get an "Anthology" special edition.

I assume they'll have RE 5 & 6 on discs, and have codes for the other ones.

Posted Image

#62 Donburiboy

Donburiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

The games are actually all digital downloads, except RE6 itself.

Oh, good to know. Thanks.

#63 CH82

CH82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

The last story is part of this list. A good price at 39

#64 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:38 AM

Right, you said it better than me!

Also, Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Rising now have reward points.

I think Rising had the points since day 1, at least the PS3 version did. Tomb Raider PC did. I didn't check any 360 versions though.

#65 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

They added/edited some more. Persona 4 Golden and Pokemon Conquest (but it's currently only $5 off) are up,

I was wondering when they were going to put Pokemon Conquest up. Might as well switch my preorder to here as well. :bouncy: Was kind of hoping for Persona 4: Golden to be more than $5 off :P

Posted Image

#66 Faytz

Faytz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

I was wondering when they were going to put Pokemon Conquest up. Might as well switch my preorder to here as well. :bouncy: Was kind of hoping for Persona 4: Golden to be more than $5 off :P

They changed it... normal price but 800 reward zones points now

#67 Rastafari

Rastafari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

They changed it... normal price but 800 reward zones points now

Dang! Should have pre-ordered for the $5 and gotten the points... was waiting for it to be $10 off like the other vita titles.

#68 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Dang! Should have pre-ordered for the $5 and gotten the points... was waiting for it to be $10 off like the other vita titles.

Before it was only $5 and didn't have the 800RZ points, wasn't it?

Posted Image

#69 squirrelmaster

squirrelmaster

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

Damnit BestBuy stop adding games!! I added Heroes of Ruin to my long list of preorders, 14 and counting so far lol.

#70 Rastafari

Rastafari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

Damnit BestBuy stop adding games!! I added Heroes of Ruin to my long list of preorders, 14 and counting so far lol.

I did the same! Heroes of Ruin (3DS) is now $10 off as well as Persona 4: Golden for the vita. Both for $29.99 makes me a happy camper...

Persona 4 went from $5 off to 800 points for pre-ordering to $10 off in like 24 hours lol... What a crazy sale.

#71 Bigwig_rah

Bigwig_rah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:17 AM

The last story is part of this list. A good price at 39

I'd be careful with that one. I know that if you get it at other retailers it comes with an art book/ special case, don't know if Best Buy has them too.

#72 Booyakz

Booyakz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

Who's list is longest? Mine is... 42. Can anyone beat that? :P Oh, it should be noted that I pre-ordered PlayStation Smash Brothers twice, once on Vita, once on PS3, just in case. Additionally, most of the games I pre-ordered are quite far out, and most likely won't be out until next Fall (if not the following one: Watch Dogs).

Additionally, can anyone think of an explanation for the Wi U game prices? I mean, this gen saw the increase to $60, right? Who's to say Nintendo won't set the tone of next gen by (cross your fingers!) dropping to $50?

#73 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

I did the same! Heroes of Ruin (3DS) is now $10 off as well as Persona 4: Golden for the vita. Both for $29.99 makes me a happy camper...

Persona 4 went from $5 off to 800 points for pre-ordering to $10 off in like 24 hours lol... What a crazy sale.

I didn't notice that they went to a $10 discount. Cheers!

#74 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

I'd be careful with that one. I know that if you get it at other retailers it comes with an art book/ special case, don't know if Best Buy has them too.

Buy two copies! XSeed deserves it.

#75 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Who's list is longest? Mine is... 42. Can anyone beat that? :P Oh, it should be noted that I pre-ordered PlayStation Smash Brothers twice, once on Vita, once on PS3, just in case. Additionally, most of the games I pre-ordered are quite far out, and most likely won't be out until next Fall (if not the following one: Watch Dogs).

Additionally, can anyone think of an explanation for the Wi U game prices? I mean, this gen saw the increase to $60, right? Who's to say Nintendo won't set the tone of next gen by (cross your fingers!) dropping to $50?

Sweet jesus what are these 42 games. I thought I was overkill at 13 games.

As for the Wii U pricing, I think games will be $50. Wii U technology isn't exactly advanced and it would be another incentive to buy multiplats on WiiU.

#76 penetratingpincer

penetratingpincer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

42? Wow!

I have just 2xHalo 4 preordered... I was considering Gears of War and the Injustice (DC fighter) game but I didn't because I wasn't sure if those 2 were coming out with CE or LE and I didn't know if these preorder discounts could be applied to them... Either way my backlog of games to play is probably is approaching 60 so I'm not too desperate to play these games for a while.

#77 Donburiboy

Donburiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

I just got 1: Sleeping Dogs.

#78 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

As for the Wii U pricing, I think games will be $50. Wii U technology isn't exactly advanced and it would be another incentive to buy multiplats on WiiU.

Like with the 360 and PS3, Nintendo doesn't have any say about what 3rd parties price their titles; they just give them a list of pricing structures and 3rd parties decide what they want to charge. And they'll charge 60 bucks for their shoddy year old ports on the Wii U (which the same games on 360 will be 15/20).

#79 Booyakz

Booyakz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:22 AM

Like with the 360 and PS3, Nintendo doesn't have any say about what 3rd parties price their titles; they just give them a list of pricing structures and 3rd parties decide what they want to charge. And they'll charge 60 bucks for their shoddy year old ports on the Wii U (which the same games on 360 will be 15/20).

Ah, this is indeed true. :/ Nintendo could price their first-party titles at $50 though. To be honest, I don't think I'll be buying much else on that platform, if I do indeed purchase it.

Additionally, this huge number comes from pre-orders for mainly titles which have no release date yet, and probably won't be out until Fall 2013 or 2014. In fact, there are only 6 games I've pre-ordered coming out this year. Watch_Dogs!

#80 Booyakz

Booyakz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

I just got 1: Sleeping Dogs.

And doesn't that game look amazing? :D Hong Kong Action Movies AND a GTA-style open-world? AWESOME.

#81 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

And doesn't that game look amazing? :D Hong Kong Action Movies AND a GTA-style open-world? AWESOME.

Really hoping this is as good as it looks, I'll buy for PC if it is.

#82 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

anyone else thinking zombieu will end up being the red steel of nintendos launch lineup?

I preordered last story so thanks to TC.

#83 borgtactics

borgtactics

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

When you pre-order online can you choose to only put $5 down towards your purchase and pay the rest when you buy it, or how does it work?

I went in to Best Buy to pre-order some Vita games but found out it was online order only. Couldn't do it in-store.

#84 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

There's no pre-order payment online. You give them your credit card (or gift card?) info and they'll charge you the full amount when it ships.

You could pre-order in-store, at least originally. It probably wasn't extended past June 7th for the E3 promo at stores.

#85 borgtactics

borgtactics

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Thanks, Mr.

Do you know if it's possible to cancel the preorder online before it ships in case a better deal comes up? (I'm thinking ebgames will possibly come out w/ included free DLC for some/most titles)

If I for whatever reason am unable to cancel the preorder online, does Best Buy have a return policy where I could return it in-store for a full cash refund within x amount of days?

Sorry for all the questions, I just am very unfamiliar with all of this stuff, and I don't want to be stuck with bills for games if they're reviewed very poorly and I decide I don't want them in the end, lol.

#86 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

You're welcome. Yes, you can cancel your preorder as long as it's not shipped/processed. The return policy is the same as things you buy in-store. Within 30 days of being shipped, you can return it to any BB store in Canada. Since you're not paying with cash, it goes back directly to your card.

#87 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

Now sure why, but Pokemon Conquest has $10 off now, and I was still able to get free shipping. Cancelled my other order and placed a new one. Pretty good deal...!

Crap, I just found out this game only has one save file. Maybe I should buy one more since my brother is gonna play it as well...

Posted Image

#88 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

Do it! Two for the price of 1.33333333! :)

Maybe I should buy one more since my brother is gonna play it as well...

Posted Image

#89 borgtactics

borgtactics

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Awesome! thanks again for the help, Mr.!

I ended up pre-ordering all of the -$10/E3 deal PS Vita games available minus a Sonic Racing game(what the heck?) and the CoD game (was never really a fan).

Now, just need to get a 32GB memory card for my Vita and I'll finally have a reason to open it and play some games.. LOL :/

#90 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

Do it! Two for the price of 1.33333333! :)

I totally gave in, I preordered another one. Might as well. Sometimes we share games, but I suck at strategy games so it's going to take me awhile to beat, and I know we both want to play it right away. :P

Posted Image