Best Buy E3 sale June 1st-7th

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

Yeah... now that Gravity Rush is finally (almost) out, I might actually play something on my Vita besides old Genesis games... :P

Now, just need to get a 32GB memory card for my Vita and I'll finally have a reason to open it and play some games.. LOL :/

Posted Image

#92 borgtactics

borgtactics

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Thought I may as well throw out a quick q in this thread considering it's also about Best Buy.

Has anyone ever tried to PM CostCo at Best Buy? I'm reading some conflicting reports online. Would LOVE to be able to PM CostCo's price for the 32GB Vita at Best Buy, but I'm feeling like this is probably me getting a bit too optimistic.. hahah..

#93 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

There's always a chance for PM, depending on what cashier you get. I had one lady match Newegg, she had never heard of the site before and it wasn't even the identical item, she matched it. So it's worth a try.

#94 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

if its on costcos website its easier than trying to price match the actual store. But the website price vs the instore price is usually different.

#95 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

Has anyone ever tried to PM CostCo at Best Buy? I'm reading some conflicting reports online. Would LOVE to be able to PM CostCo's price for the 32GB Vita at Best Buy, but I'm feeling like this is probably me getting a bit too optimistic.. hahah..

You could try, the worst thing that can happen is that they refuse and you lose out on your gas money. You can try ordering from Costco.ca. Supposedly you can order without a membership.

And if you can wait it out, last time Best Buy had their online-only deal, they were selling the 32 GB for $85 as well. They had 15% off Vita accessories.

#96 mkrowe

mkrowe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but it's been a couple months so maybe my memory is foggy, but wasn't the BestBuy E3 pre-order deal $10 off the listed games AND 800 RZ points?

I pre-ordered 5 games, and 3 of them have already been paid and received (Darksiders II, Borderlands 2, and FIFA 13). I was charged $56.49 ($49.99+tax) but no where on my Best Buy Reward Zone does it show the pre-orders.

Just strikes me as odd as my order from yesterday is already there: Bonus - 400 Reward Zone points when you purchase The Avengers. In fact, I don't even see the double RZ points (or any RZ points) for the days they charged me for these pre-orders.

I understand they don't get "posted" until 36 days after, but they should show in pending activity, and in fact, Darksiders II is already past the 36 day rule. Anyone else having this issue? I feel like I'm going to be out $50 RZ certificates, plus I guess another 500 RZ points for the games themselves.

#97 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

I thought online orders don't show up in pending. They're supposed to be added into your account after the 30+ days or whatever. Have you been keeping track of your RZ points?

#98 irishcthulhu

irishcthulhu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but it's been a couple months so maybe my memory is foggy, but wasn't the BestBuy E3 pre-order deal $10 off the listed games AND 800 RZ points?

I pre-ordered 5 games, and 3 of them have already been paid and received (Darksiders II, Borderlands 2, and FIFA 13). I was charged $56.49 ($49.99+tax) but no where on my Best Buy Reward Zone does it show the pre-orders.

Just strikes me as odd as my order from yesterday is already there: Bonus - 400 Reward Zone points when you purchase The Avengers. In fact, I don't even see the double RZ points (or any RZ points) for the days they charged me for these pre-orders.

I understand they don't get "posted" until 36 days after, but they should show in pending activity, and in fact, Darksiders II is already past the 36 day rule. Anyone else having this issue? I feel like I'm going to be out $50 RZ certificates, plus I guess another 500 RZ points for the games themselves.

Happened to me last year when I ordered 10 games in one single order.
I had to call their support and have the games manually added and the 800 points "goodwilled" to me.
It was like pulling teeth with most of the agents and some would transfer me to bestbuys support number (who can't do anything about it as they don't have access to the reward zone system).
Best advice I can give is have all the info ready when you call, stay poliet and calm but be persistent with them and don't let them ditch you over to bb's queue.

#99 mkrowe

mkrowe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Ok, thanks a lot for the replies. I have been keeping track of the purchases, but I'm not sure if they add to the certificates, so maybe I have been getting some rewards but it just doesn't show as posted.

I don't know why movies always came up so nice with the name of the movie and reward points in the reward zone transaction log, wish they would do that with the games. I did place all 5 games as individual orders as one year I had issues with release dates as one would be in stock and the other still pending and wouldn't ship.