La Pucelle: Tactics $19.99 at Fry's - YMMV

resonatorxl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
For those who missed out on the Circuit City sale (all of mine were sold out) I went to pick this up this afternoon at Fry's in Atlanta. It was marked $29.99 but it rang up as $19.99. Not the best price (especially compared to $1.99) but it's cheaper than EB and Gamestop when they have it in stock.

Now all I need for Fry's to discount is Star Ocean to 19.99 like on their website and Disgaea so that I can complete my Nippon Ichi Trilogy/Three.

Gamestop was selling them for $19.99 (a few weeks ago anyway). I had gotten one at Fry's but it had obviously been re-wrapped (it had the melted-type wrap and not the folded one). I couldn't tell that while it was in the security case, but it was obvious once I got home and took it out of the bag. I didn't want to take my chances with that (though I was curious to see what would be inside!) and luckily I found one at GS a few days later and returned the unopened Fry's copy (it was the only one they had).

[quote name='io']Gamestop was selling them for $19.99 (a few weeks ago anyway). I had gotten one at Fry's but it had obviously been re-wrapped (it had the melted-type wrap and not the folded one). I couldn't tell that while it was in the security case, but it was obvious once I got home and took it out of the bag. I didn't want to take my chances with that (though I was curious to see what would be inside!) and luckily I found one at GS a few days later and returned the unopened Fry's copy (it was the only one they had).[/QUOTE]

Just a follow-up on Fry's re-sealing of games. Today I got a Constantine and Room Zoom to trade in at Gamerush. They had a bunch of Room Zoom for $4.90, but they had one copy for $4.41 that had obviously been re-sealed and had a sticker saying that it was a returned item. I was curious, plus I'm a cheap-ass, so I got the 49 cent discounted one since I was just going to trade it in anyway. I made sure to open it right at the register (after I paid of course) in case the game was missing or something. It was there and the manual was there - but the game was obviously USED. Good enough condition to trade in but I would have been pissed if it was for my own use. What's up with that? Fry's doesn't take opened software unless it is defective, right? And if that was the case, why would they resell it...

I'm *really* glad I returned that La Pucelle a few weeks ago! That one wasn't even discounted or stickered differently.

On a different topic... they still had a copy of RE2 for GC for $34.99 on the shelf - it has been there for several days. Also, I noticed that the Disgaea's are finally gone - and I was just about tempted to get one ($50 though). Now I've got to wait for one to show up at Gamerush - I know, not likely but I did get a Suikoden III there a few weeks ago.

This also rang up for $19.99 at the Manhattan Beach Fry's here in SoCal. It was marked at $19.99 since last Friday so it may be a permanent price drop.

None at the Industry CA Fry's, and I noticed that all the Disgaea's where gone too. They had a ton of Disgaea's, at $50 bucks, I was just waiting for the price to drop, I guess I waited too long :(

bread's done
Back