Resistance 3 - $9.99 @ Best Buy with @Gamer Coupon

kulsechsky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy where I picked up Resistance 3 for $9.99 after using a $20 coupon found in the June issue of @Gamer Magazine. The game was marked on the shelf for $34.99 but rang up as $29.99.

The magazine can be bought at Best Buy for $4.99 or you can sign up for the Gamers Reward Zone for $14.99. Signing up subscribes you to the magazine for a year and you are also eligible for the $20 gift card for pre-ordering certain titles (details found in another thread).

EDIT:
Here's a list of the other coupons in June's Issue.

NEW:
Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat - $20 off (PS3/X360)
Dragon Age II - $15 off (PS3/X360)
Resistance 3 - $20 off (PS3)
Soul Calibur V - $20 off (PS3/X360)
SSX - $30 off (PS3/X360)

PRE-OWNED:

MLB 11:The Show Pre-Owned - $20 off (PS3)
Any Pre-Owned Game $29.99 or above - $10 off (shows PS3 and X360 game but no mention of system)

ACCESSORIES:
Tritton AX Pro Gaming Headset - $40 off (PS3/X360/PC/MAC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good find, I thought they were still $39.99. bestbuy.com also lists them at $29.99.If I knew I would have picked it up when i was there today

Probably going to pick this and Dragon Age 2 up whenever my magazine comes in. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Is this a price drop or a sale ? Hmm I have the game already but I'm wondering if I should snag a copy of resistance 3 on thursday while I pick up a used fallout nv and a new dragon age two. Those two games I'm flipping to gs along with burning skies for a 3/10 deal. Mabye I could get resistance 3 along with another fallout nv and make it a 5/25 deal ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Is this a price drop or a sale ? Hmm I have the game already but I'm wondering if I should snag a copy of resistance 3 on thursday while I pick up a used fallout nv and a new dragon age two. Those two games I'm flipping to gs along with burning skies for a 3/10 deal. Mabye I could get resistance 3 along with another fallout nv and make it a 5/25 deal ?[/QUOTE]I already have a copy of R3 from the Gamefly nightly sales, so I'm flipping a copy to GS with my @Gamer coupon (via the GS TIV thread, R3's value is $9 base as of 6/3). I'll also be doing like you and getting a used FO:NV :)ps3:) and DA2 :)360:) to flip to GS. I just need four more games to make it an even more epic trade...;)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Just signed up for the gamers unlocked on Sunday. Hopefully I'll get my magazine soon...[/QUOTE]

Sure if you consider 5 weeks soon.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Sure if you consider 5 weeks soon.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Anyway, I got my mag today, so am definitely picking up the game this week. Thanks OP.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Just signed up for the gamers unlocked on Sunday. Hopefully I'll get my magazine soon...[/QUOTE]
Wait 3 months and then expect a mag. No way you get the next 2 in the mail... A nice employee will probably give you this month's mag if you ask nicely.

I signed up today and the guy gave my the June issue on the spot because he said I probably won't get my first mag till July. Maybe you could call and ask if they would be willing to hook you up.

[quote name='Vigilante']I already have a copy of R3 from the Gamefly nightly sales, so I'm flipping a copy to GS with my @Gamer coupon (via the GS TIV thread, R3's value is $9 base as of 6/3). I'll also be doing like you and getting a used FO:NV :)ps3:) and DA2 :)360:) to flip to GS. I just need four more games to make it an even more epic trade...;)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Might take those 3 BB cheap games, add 2 of mine and get the $20 bonus at GS, buy Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition for $19.99 at GS(to keep) (regular SSF4 gets $6 at BB, so...$12/$12.60), and get games to transfer GS to BB with the leftover credit...:whistle2:k

Thanks!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I just signed up today and got last month's magazine and this month's magazine. Wish I knew about this as I would've grabbed R3 for $10 as well. =P

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Damn, I just signed up today and got last month's magazine and this month's magazine. Wish I knew about this as I would've grabbed R3 for $10 as well. =P[/QUOTE]

Same here lol I even had it in my hand debating to pick it up or not,now the choice is clear for tomorrow.

Hope I get my issue tomorrow. If local stock gets low ill just buy and return rebuy if I don't get an instore coupon for not having my mag.

[quote name='nixmahn']think this is a price drop, no for sale sign on BB website[/QUOTE]

If this true then I can just flip my copy I have right now and wait later in the month to get a replacment :)

[quote name='showtimefolks']got it for 10 bucks pretty good how is dragon age 2?[/QUOTE]

It's more action oriented than the first one. Done people bitch and moan that it's nothing like the original. What is it after coupon? $5? Not a bad price considering that's less than a rental.

I feel like a chump for buying this for $15 used on Gamefly about a week ago. This always seems to happen. Didn't expect a Sony published game to go for less than $20 new.

I guess I'm going to BB and return my DA: 2 (+20), buy the mag (-5), rebuy drag + coupon (-5), and buy R3 with the other coupon (-10) = no more cash needed.

Was the June mag at the store?

[quote name='Tdog987']I guess I'm going to BB and return my DA: 2 (+20), buy the mag (-5), rebuy drag + coupon (-5), and buy R3 with the other coupon (-10) = no more cash needed.

Was the June mag at the store?[/QUOTE]

yes i just went and bought one few hrs back and the mag was in store for 4.99

[quote name='strait edge follower']If this true then I can just flip my copy I have right now and wait later in the month to get a replacment :)[/QUOTE]
What's the point of doing this?

I haven't played any of the Resistance games, but I know that 3 is supposed to be the best. This is very tempting. Do I need to play the first two?

[quote name='ObiBen']I haven't played any of the Resistance games, but I know that 3 is supposed to be the best. This is very tempting. Do I need to play the first two?[/QUOTE]
It would help with the storyline,but no i think you could jump right in with 3 esp. for $10.I never even finished 2,but have yet to play 3 so i'll probably get it soon.

[quote name='ObiBen']I haven't played any of the Resistance games, but I know that 3 is supposed to be the best. This is very tempting. Do I need to play the first two?[/QUOTE]

Certainly not 1, 2 is a little important to the story. Pick it up though, most fun in the series.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']It would help with the storyline,but no i think you could jump right in with 3 esp. for $10.I never even finished 2,but have yet to play 3 so i'll probably get it soon.[/QUOTE]

I just finished Resistance 3 a few days ago and I had an incredible time. Definitely one of my favorite fps on the PS3.

Play Res. 1 on easy, skip two (which is what I did because I found it very boring, just watch the cutscenes on youtube) and play three.

I think I'm going to try to go in today with my receipt showing that I joined the gamers unlocked club on Sunday to see if any employee will give me the latest mag. It's worth a shot...

Wasn't sure if my local bb would still have the games so I ordered for in store pickup yesterday for DA2 and R3, might also grab DW today too cause I'm thinkin that probably wont drop so $10 is good enough. Hopin SSX goes on sale so I can get it for $10. $35 total (in credit) for R3, SSX, DA2, and DW would be very nice

bread's done
Back