FGT XXII harassed Ono via Twitter #SF4Sucks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
501 replies to this topic

#391 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

i thought the netcode for DOAU was solid. how can it be bad for DOA5?

yeah i play on xbl
but no i probably will not get it. even though tekken is too hard i will stick with it
Every day's great at your Junes!

#392 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

joe i never see you on TTT :-(

#393 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

i'm playing on my brother's account because i don't want to pay for 2 instances of XBL

tag: awwjayzin

fwiw i'm really rusty and then i also realized that i was never very good to begin with

#394 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

sounds good i'll add you later tonight - i'm not bad. good but not great (much better than Rolento, though)

#395 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

(much better than Rolento, though)

you say that like it means something

#396 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

Posted Image

#397 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:31 AM

I still wanna play that guy.

Rolentless Rolento

aka

dat ni$$a ro

#398 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'll take da burn!

fuckin grad school all up rapin my ass >_<

But yeah, I'm not awesome but I know I can win matches. At least I dont got DSL lips like Jomama Slice :P

#399 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

I suck at Tekken Tag 2. I used to be so good at fighting games. What happened? I guess having a kid eats away at your soul or something.

I won a Tekken Tag tourney 12 years ago. Am I really that rusty?

Still, Tekken Tag 2 is fun as hell. Think I'll stick to offline mode for the rest of my days and beat my scrub friends.

#400 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I suck at Tekken Tag 2. I used to be so good at fighting games. What happened? I guess having a kid eats away at your soul or something.

I won a Tekken Tag tourney 12 years ago. Am I really that rusty?

Still, Tekken Tag 2 is fun as hell. Think I'll stick to offline mode for the rest of my days and beat my scrub friends.

the average player is a lot stronger than 5 years ago thanks to technology like youtube and now even livestreams

#401 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

Looking back I wasn't that bad. I got in about 20 wins and 15 loses. I'm just being hard on myself.

#402 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

the average player is a lot stronger than 5 years ago thanks to technology like youtube and now even livestreams

Back in the day, we had to buy VHS tapes of CASUALS to learn new shit.

I still have a VHS tape here of Korean casuals in TTT1, with additional rare bonus footage of Tekken Tag Turbo.

#403 B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:02 AM

Posted Image

#404 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

i almost lost to a guy yesterday playing hwoarang who did nothing but medium and high attack strings.

wow i am terrible at this game

#405 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

b:l - post up impressions of doa5 please.

joeeeeee - i added your brothers tag.

#406 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

Here's my custom Dreamworks Ogre. ^__^

Spoiler

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#407 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

i hate ogre. he's so big and i dunno what he's doing. i don't even know what limbs are attacking me.

#408 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

i hate people who pick dark costumes and play on dark stages

maaaan
actually i hate this game because i keep losing to shitty players

#409 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

I haven't touched Ghost Mode in Tekken yet, but I heard you can unlock endings in it. I'm finding Arcade mode too tedious. Is switching to Ghost mode a quicker way?

#410 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

So... when do you guys think fighting games will become a thing of the past again?

As for what I'm playing now. DoA5 looks great, but that's about it. Tekken has awesome online and lots of features... but learning the game is still daunting. Play a little Persona 4 here and there, but it's become that flavor of the week.

Frankly there are just too many games, and having shifted to the PC Master Race, I'm feeling almost done with consoles. Heck, maybe Windows 8 will be so bad, it'll force me back.

test.gif

#411 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

At least you have options!

I am stuck with just PC fighting games and M$ finally just cleared up my GFWL account issue yesterday.

#412 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

I dont know how much of it will be on stream, but SC5 at Seasons Beatings starts at 9 pm central today. I'll be up in the hotel researching players and doing drills all day before showtime.

#413 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

i hate ogre. he's so big and i dunno what he's doing. i don't even know what limbs are attacking me.

I hate not knowing the moves in the game yet haha. Him and Jinpachi really mess me up with random ass moves that I've never seen in my life.

i hate people who pick dark costumes and play on dark stages

maaaan
actually i hate this game because i keep losing to shitty players

:lol:

I haven't touched Ghost Mode in Tekken yet, but I heard you can unlock endings in it. I'm finding Arcade mode too tedious. Is switching to Ghost mode a quicker way?

Yeah, keep on doing Ghost Mode, after a few fights you should see that you can pick an opponent who has their name highlighted in gold. Fight them for an ending, customize items or sometimes both.

So... when do you guys think fighting games will become a thing of the past again?

As for what I'm playing now. DoA5 looks great, but that's about it. Tekken has awesome online and lots of features... but learning the game is still daunting. Play a little Persona 4 here and there, but it's become that flavor of the week.

Frankly there are just too many games, and having shifted to the PC Master Race, I'm feeling almost done with consoles. Heck, maybe Windows 8 will be so bad, it'll force me back.

Probably soonish, I think. And then in a few years they'll announce SF5 and they'll be kinda big again.

At least you have options!

I am stuck with just PC fighting games and M$ finally just cleared up my GFWL account issue yesterday.

Get your PS3 fixed!

I dont know how much of it will be on stream, but SC5 at Seasons Beatings starts at 9 pm central today. I'll be up in the hotel researching players and doing drills all day before showtime.

Good luck Dr Mario Man! I'll be checking the stream throughout the night to try and catch your matches.

#414 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Here's my custom Dreamworks Ogre. ^__^

Spoiler

Mines' the same color but better... he's got underwear on his face

#415 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

SF5 has gotta be in the works, but as for fighting games dying it's really the fault of the developers. If you want a scene with longevity you can't leave the job solely to the community anymore. You need to be on top of patching, contributing towards events, having stable netcodes with competitive features, and providing ways of learning the game instead of simply throwing a system out there and saying "here's a rubix cube, go Fuck yourself."

It's the year 2012, I want constant connectivity, especially for games that require a community to enjoy. The fact that there's a casual audience that drops $60 on SF games to play through story mode and mash out fire balls for a week before trading them back in is beyond me, but that's who the industry is still geared towards. There are actually reviewers who still dock fighters with shallow story modes, like "end boss is so cheap 6/10."

$60 games still feel like bare bones ports of arcade games from the late 90s. Even when a game like DoA5 adds something awesome like frame data in training mode, who the hell even knows what frame data is aside from deeply competitive players? There's so much that games like these need in order to thrive, and yet they are always the most primitive when compared to other genres.

imo cut all this cheesy story shit and CGI and give us features that matter. i mean, why the hell am i still unlocking characters? for Fuck's sake

Edited by panzerfaust, 28 September 2012 - 04:27 PM.

UjCoyFa.png

#416 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Correction. Spooky's caravan broke down on the way over and he canceled. This group called consolecombat is doing the stream now.

www.twitch.tv/consolecombat

#417 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

CGI? All we got in SFxT were picture still endings.

Fighting games will still always be a niche market.

#418 B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

You got the Touch.

You got the POWER.

of JGs

Kick some ass and take some names

#419 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

CGI? All we got in SFxT were picture still endings.

Fighting games will still always be a niche market.

Wut? SFxT had CGI endings for official teams.

#420 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Wut? SFxT had CGI endings for official teams.

Official teams?

So I have to like play story mode with a determined set of characters?

What is this shit?