FGT XXII harassed Ono via Twitter #SF4Sucks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
501 replies to this topic

#481 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

I'm not sure why I'm surprised that player doesn't block high for whatever reason. Also jumps a whole lot.

Also you do so much unsafe stuff with Necro. Pick Electric Snake. Need to harass more with his pokes. More Snake Fang/Tornado Hook gimmicks.

I know, but like I said I was pretty toasted at the time. It wasn't my A game. It was a terrible performance on both ends. Plus I hadn't played 3s in a long time.

#482 heavyd853

heavyd853

Hates fatties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm not sure why I'm surprised that player doesn't block high for whatever reason. Also jumps a whole lot.

Also you do so much unsafe stuff with Necro. Pick Electric Snake. Need to harass more with his pokes. More Snake Fang/Tornado Hook gimmicks.

you should listen to this guy he's from the only state that still cares about this game in any capacity (I guess portland still plays 3s but oregon doesn't count)
Hates Fatties x 2

#483 asianxcore

asianxcore

...to the moon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

you should listen to this guy he's from the only state that still cares about this game in any capacity (I guess portland still plays 3s but oregon doesn't count)

Haha so true! IPW recently put on a 3s exhibition today at Southtown Arcade in San Francisco.

I miss the days where tons of folks would be at MGL and SVGL just for 3s.

For me, it's Slam Dance or bust. 8-)

I remember a friend of mine used to choose Slam Dance just to troll. God help your confidence/soul if you ever got hit by that garbage.

#484 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

I remember a friend of mine used to choose Slam Dance just to troll. God help your confidence/soul if you ever got hit by that garbage.

That's all we ever do to each other when we play 3s. The goal isn't to win, the goal is to land the slam dance ... and win.

Yo, axc, marvel still your main game?

#485 asianxcore

asianxcore

...to the moon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

Yo, axc, marvel still your main game?

Yup Marvel is still my main game. I'll play AE 2012 at various sessions with friends, when asked. Many people I know main AE 2012 and need the Seth practice, so I play when they need it.

I've been thinking about learning KOFXIII, since I don't really have a 2nd game right now that I play.

#486 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

lol So true. It's just hilarious to try to land it. Like doing Q's Geocities GIF Explosion super art, love that shit too. ^__^

That's all we ever do to each other when we play 3s. The goal isn't to win, the goal is to land the slam dance ... and win.

Exactly. And it's all about how he says "SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAM DANCE!!" with a bit of a hillbilly twang to it. Love it, such a troll move.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#487 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Yup Marvel is still my main game. I'll play AE 2012 at various sessions with friends, when asked. Many people I know main AE 2012 and need the Seth practice, so I play when they need it.

I've been thinking about learning KOFXIII, since I don't really have a 2nd game right now that I play.

KoFXIII is the shit, but I'm going to assume that animu game suggestions are out?

#488 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Blazblue is not animu.

I mean, it is, but it's soooooooo good.

#489 heavyd853

heavyd853

Hates fatties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

I dunno. KofXIII is one of the best fighting games ever in my opinion. HOWEVER, the way it plays and works goes against nearly every other fighting games logic. Defense is so different (and for some characters simply nonexistent, EX: Ralf does the most damage in the game but has almost no way to defend himself). Characters get STUPID damage off of things that would never work in any other fighting game (Benimaru can kill you from a regular throw in the corner, if you hit the ground after vice does or she air to airs you or AA's you you die plain and simple).

However, if you're ok with that you should play it. Getting better in that game is one of the most rewarding things ever
Hates Fatties x 2

#490 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Blazblue is not animu.

I mean, it is, but it's soooooooo good.

Nah, BlazBlue wasn't what I had in mind, but it's still sooooo good.

#491 asianxcore

asianxcore

...to the moon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

KoFXIII is the shit, but I'm going to assume that animu game suggestions are out?

My brother got Persona 4 Arena when it came out. I played it with him just to see what it was like. Just not my style of game, that's all.

However, if you're ok with that you should play it. Getting better in that game is one of the most rewarding things ever

Definitely going to try it. The only reason why I'm not 100% sold, is because of the reason I dropped playing 2+ Fighting Games in the first place. Most of the time I couldn't keep many of the game mechanics separate and instead of being really good at one or two games, I ended up being blah at 2+ games. My UMVC3 play went up like 2,000% once I dropped AE 2012.

#492 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

My brother got Persona 4 Arena when it came out. I played it with him just to see what it was like. Just not my style of game, that's all.

It's sitting on my desk where I play and I can't give two shits for Persona 4 even though I try... oh well

#493 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image
Every day's great at your Junes!

#494 asianxcore

asianxcore

...to the moon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Jim is the best!

Happy Birthday! (again)

#495 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Good god no, not that game, even I didn't like that game. Shit, I think people only have a hard on for it because it's a persona fighter.

Also, Happy B-day, Jimbobway.

#496 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

I Haven't played Persona Arena yet, but I'm surprised by all the hate. I thought it was generally well received. But yeah, the only reason I'm intrested in it at all is because it's Persona. I'm not a Guilty Gear/BlazBlue fan and the gameplay looks identical.

Now TTT2 is just pure fun. Reminds me of college playing endless amounts of the orginal. *sigh* Back then I used to pull off the Rolling Death Cradle like nothing. Anyways I got 1000/1000 in TTT2, it's actually one of the easier games to 100%. The only ones that take a little effort to pop are the Combot 100% and Tekken Lord.

#497 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

I Haven't played Persona Arena yet, but I'm surprised by all the hate. I thought it was generally well received. But yeah, the only reason I'm intrested in it at all is because it's Persona. I'm not a Guilty Gear/BlazBlue fan and the gameplay looks identical.

Oh, it was really received by Persona fans, for sure. I'm a BlazBlue and Guilty Gear fan, but I disliked Persona. It had some good ideas like being vulnerable to hits a few frames after you jump to prevent chicken blocking or just holding an attack button to tech, but the game just had too much stupid shit. I'm not talking about Marvel-type stupid shit
Spoiler
, just... dumb mechanics. It plays nothing like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, that much I can say. It has some similarities, but overall? Naaaaah. I dunno how other areas received the game, but that's just my personal opinion.

#498 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Good god no, not that game, even I didn't like that game. Shit, I think people only have a hard on for it because it's a persona fighter.

Also, Happy B-day, Jimbobway.

Agreed.

And yes, happy birthday, Jimbotronic. :D

Now TTT2 is just pure fun. Reminds me of college playing endless amounts of the orginal. *sigh* Back then I used to pull off the Rolling Death Cradle like nothing. Anyways I got 1000/1000 in TTT2, it's actually one of the easier games to 100%. The only ones that take a little effort to pop are the Combot 100% and Tekken Lord.

Love TTT2. Cannot say it enough. Best fighter this gen, easily.

Oh, it was really received by Persona fans, for sure. I'm a BlazBlue and Guilty Gear fan, but I disliked Persona. It had some good ideas like being vulnerable to hits a few frames after you jump to prevent chicken blocking or just holding an attack button to tech, but the game just had too much stupid shit. I'm not talking about Marvel-type stupid shit

Spoiler
, just... dumb mechanics. It plays nothing like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, that much I can say. It has some similarities, but overall? Naaaaah. I dunno how other areas received the game, but that's just my personal opinion.

Love Guilty Gear and Hokuto no Ken, BlazBlue is OK, but Persona 4 Arena looks like it belongs in Arc's B list of games. Put it next to Sengoku Basara X on the list.

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#499 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Love Guilty Gear and Hokuto no Ken, BlazBlue is OK, but Persona 4 Arena looks like it belongs in Arc's B list of games. Put it next to Sengoku Basara X on the list.

http://youtu.be/Wg5I_dU1DF4?t=5m26s

#500 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

#501 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

#502 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

New thread time, after 4 months.

http://www.cheapassg...89#post10060389