Amazon price match

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

I just found a cheaper price for a game I was looking for and submitted it to Amazon. Since i've never done a lower price notification. How long does it normally take and will they contact me if the price actually drops?

Do I need to get more people to submit the link for a cheaper price as well ?

Thanks
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#2 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

1. Depends and No
2. Yes

#3 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

They won't contact you, just keep your eye on it. The more people that submit a PM request, the greater the chance that Amazon will either match it exactly or lower their existing price.

Also, Amazon doesn't consider promo code discounts (which Newegg likes to do a lot) when attempting to match prices.

#4 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

You should start using www.camelcamelcamel.com, which is a site that tracks Amazon prices.

Useful to see lows and highs of prices on items, plus third-party pricing as well. Useful to notify you via Twitter, text message or email when a price drops below a watch level you set on the site.

It's beyond useful if you're a frequent Amazon shopper.

#5 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

You should start using www.camelcamelcamel.com, which is a site that tracks Amazon prices.

Useful to see lows and highs of prices on items, plus third-party pricing as well. Useful to notify you via Twitter, text message or email when a price drops below a watch level you set on the site.

It's beyond useful if you're a frequent Amazon shopper.

Nice thanks

#6 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

well if it does take more people to submit a price. Am I allowed to ask for help and give a link or two to show a lower price for an item ? So others to report a lower price

#7 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

I feel stupid asking this, and a tad bit OT, but how do we request price matches? I never figured it out...thanks.

#8 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

I feel stupid asking this, and a tad bit OT, but how do we request price matches? I never figured it out...thanks.

there is an option under the product details I think ?