Deus ex: human revolution augmented edition 30$ msrp @ gamestop

I just started to play this game a few days ago and it is very good. I would give it a 9 out 10 (as some reviewers did). I have the augmented edition but it only includes a couple weapons and a map. Still worth $30.

You can be stealthy or go in guns blazing and just wipe people out. It reminds me of a Mass Effect type game but I'm sure most would say not as good. I didn't finish Mass Effect but this has me hooked. :applause:

[quote name='jimmayhorn']I just started to play this game a few days ago and it is very good. I would give it a 9 out 10 (as some reviewers did). I have the augmented edition but it only includes a couple weapons and a map. Still worth $30.

You can be stealthy or go in guns blazing and just wipe people out. It reminds me of a Mass Effect type game but I'm sure most would say not as good. I didn't finish Mass Effect but this has me hooked. :applause:[/QUOTE]

is it deffo worth getting? i have looked at it but not got round to getting it yet
vuhbijnoksd

[quote name='Peterpaan']is it deffo worth getting? i have looked at it but not got round to getting it yet
vuhbijnoksd
[/QUOTE]

Take this however you may. I bought it for PS3 when it released and beat it but I can not tell you how many times I fell asleep on a load screen from booting up a previous save. It is good but certain parts are boring especially if you are like me and really want that "Foxiest Hound" trophy/achievement on the first play-through.

wind is right... load times are hellish.

Regarding the game/story, I had a blast playing it. I want to play through again with an alternate loadout and skill path, though those load times...

To the OP: gamestop converted these to used last year. I wanted this and never even had a chance to but it. I'm stuck with the plain version on 360.

[quote name='Peterpaan']is it deffo worth getting? i have looked at it but not got round to getting it yet
vuhbijnoksd
[/QUOTE]

My vote is yes. I think I picked it up for $15 brand new though. I'm cheap so I usually wait til $20 mark or lower on most of my games. Look up the difference between the vanilla version and augmented edition. If the $10 difference is worth it to you then bite. (especially if you have credit)

Amazon has priced matched Gamestops price and attached free standard shipping (not the Free Super Saver Shipping). Looks like a good alternative for those who want to avoid paying tax, I myself placed an order from Amazon. PS3 version only though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also saw the vanilla copy for $20 Target with a temporary price cut (yellow sticker) attached. I paid $35 for this game, and I still haven't played through it....

Didn't check to see if it was a temporary sale or not, but Best Buy is selling it for $20 on PS3 and 360. I picked up the Augmented Edition on clearance back in April and loved every minute of the game. Admittedly, the Augmented Edition isn't anything to write home about (artbook, some weapon DLC and I think a making-of disc), but for less than the standard version (at the time) it was certainly the better choice.

[quote name='Vector']Didn't check to see if it was a temporary sale or not, but Best Buy is selling it for $20 on PS3 and 360. I picked up the Augmented Edition on clearance back in April and loved every minute of the game. Admittedly, the Augmented Edition isn't anything to write home about (artbook, some weapon DLC and I think a making-of disc), but for less than the standard version (at the time) it was certainly the better choice.[/QUOTE]
Thought you were talking about the Augmented Ed. at Best Buy. Turns out they are only selling the regular for $20.

[quote name='Vector']Didn't check to see if it was a temporary sale or not, but Best Buy is selling it for $20 on PS3 and 360. I picked up the Augmented Edition on clearance back in April and loved every minute of the game. Admittedly, the Augmented Edition isn't anything to write home about (artbook, some weapon DLC and I think a making-of disc), but for less than the standard version (at the time) it was certainly the better choice.[/QUOTE]

$20 would have been a great price, but when I went to my local Bestbuy recently to pick up my copy of The Darkness 2 for $12, Deus Augmented Edition was still being sold for $69.99. Heck, the cheapest I have seen it in my area was $50 at my local Kmart. I just hope I enjoy my copy when I get it since I would rather pay a little as possible for games nowadays, but I guess $30 is not so bad.

bread's done
Back