How to unlock an AT&T iPhone 4?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thepik241

thepik241

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

I bought a used iPhone 4 (AT&T version) off Craigslist since I'm moving overseas the day after tomorrow. The seller said I can unlock it either by jailbreaking it or by calling AT&T to unlock it.

I called AT&T Customer Service to unlock it and they said I had to be a previous or current user of the service in order to unlock it. After a bit of talking the representative told me that anyone could unlock the the iPhone as long as they have AT&T. Unfortunately I have Verizon (as well as all of my friends) and the seller is MIA...

So I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to unlock an (AT&T) iPhone? Any help would be much appreciated.
Goats Eating Clocks

#2 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

You can try the tutorials here, but it looks to me like the current unlock for iOS 5.x is not working any more. If you have older iOS version on there (4.x) I think one of the older methods may work. See that website.

http://www.iclarifie...&scid=11&seid=1

Otherwise you'll need to find somebody on AT&T and get AT&T to unlock it. How do you do that? Because I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and am on AT&T, and if I can get AT&T to unlock it, I'll go ahead and do that even though I don't need that at the moment it may prove useful.
Posted Image

#3 thepik241

thepik241

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

You can try the tutorials here, but it looks to me like the current unlock for iOS 5.x is not working any more. If you have older iOS version on there (4.x) I think one of the older methods may work. See that website.

http://www.iclarifie...&scid=11&seid=1

Otherwise you'll need to find somebody on AT&T and get AT&T to unlock it. How do you do that? Because I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and am on AT&T, and if I can get AT&T to unlock it, I'll go ahead and do that even though I don't need that at the moment it may prove useful.

Yea, I looked up how to unlock it via jailbreaking and the previous methods are now defunct.

Check your PM Inbox, I sent you a PM. :)
Goats Eating Clocks

#4 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

http://www.att.com/e...bid=38jkUFMWHYM

I have unlocked my max 5 as a former customer for friends. If you have a friend who is a current or former customer then they might be able to help you. It is much easier doing it through chat on the site then talking to someone. The first time I called and it took like an hour because the rep didn't know wtf to do with the call I think and I was on hold a lot. Every other time I went on chat and did it much quicker.
Otherwise just pay for it on another site.

Edited by sleepydumbdude, 11 September 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#5 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

Thanks1 I am going to fill out the form and give that approach a shot. Is there any need to chat/call? Or just fill out the form? I guess I'll find out.
Posted Image

#6 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

Spend $7 on eBay, send them an IMEI, and poof. Done.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#7 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Www.att.com/deviceunlock

#8 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

What is the passcode? It doesn't seem to be my account password? Confused.
Posted Image

#9 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Figured out what they wanted, and got my request in. Thanks folks.
Posted Image

#10 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

an at&t phone will not work on global verizon
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2