Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/10/12 to 6/16/12) PS Vita with $50 Gift Card

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#91 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Nice on the Max Payne sale. If we can get someone else to go as low as $40 within the next month, it'll be like I only paid $20 on day 1! (using BBY price match and the $20 gift card that came with it).

#92 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

There has been a lot of Vita $50 gift cards recently. I will get one once they offer $100 gift card.

#93 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Time for the obligatory: Can I just bring my receipt in for price match, or do I need to bring the game too?

#94 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

Now to hope for a $40 sale somewhere...but $10 is $10

Let's say I go in and get the $10 back from Best Buy and the following week someone has it on sale for $40...can you price match twice? I don't see why not, but just wondering.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#95 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Now to hope for a $40 sale somewhere...but $10 is $10

Let's say I go in and get the $10 back from Best Buy and the following week someone has it on sale for $40...can you price match twice? I don't see why not, but just wondering.

You certainly can.

#96 david69

david69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

You certainly can.

Excellent.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

#97 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

This.

BB's new PM policy that will go in effect for Silver members soon will make Amazon useless to me for new gaming releases going forward.

Did you do the 5 for $100 deal last yr? With the 60 pm most of the titles will be had for less than $40 even w/o matching BF deals. $240($580 for those with more than 1 RZ account) in RZ credit will go along way. A new @gamer sub, new console/handheld, DOTD's, all the $5-$15 @gamer deals...

There has been a lot of Vita $50 gift cards recently. I will get one once they offer $100 gift card.

Too bad BB change their pm policy since they would take the giftcard amount directly off the system & effectively give you a price drop, the $100 gc is kinda lofty I'd say $75 is probably tops for BF considering $100 is what systems get.

#98 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

I hope Amazon matches the Vita deal, save $ on the tax.

#99 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

I forget, but will Best Buy pricematch a gift card bonus, like for the getting a 3DS +$20 gift card?

#100 DDustiNN

DDustiNN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

This.

BB's new PM policy that will go in effect for Silver members soon will make Amazon useless to me for new gaming releases going forward.

What is the new price match policy and when does it go into effect?

#101 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Isn't UMvC3 & MK cross play titles?

As far as I know, UMvC3 has shared DLC with the PS3 (no repurchase necessary) and MK doesn't have any cross play features. Neither seem to allow playing against PS3 opponents online.

I think it's time to use my B2G1 coupon on Gravity Rush and MGS for the Vita. Now, to find another $40 to get with those two...hopefully ME3 will be around $40?

#102 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Cool, that's $10 back for me from MP3! The start of the next week (6/17) is exactly 30 days from when I picked up MP3 (not a Silver member), so hopefully it'll appear for $40 in a PM-able ad for another $10 back. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#103 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hmm, maybe I should trade in my copy of DKCR for $25.20 after 110% bonus, since I just know that value will plummet as a result of the new MSRP. Maybe I can pick it up again down the road for ~$15. Is this a good idea or should I hold onto it?

Edited by Vigilante, 08 June 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#104 gravel

gravel

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

I have a coupon for an extra 5% off a Vita or PS3 with my RedCard, which came with my last bill. So, 10% off employee discount + 5% off for the RedCard + 5% off for the bonus coupon + $50 gift card? It would come out to around $215 including tax, but it would come with a $50 gift card. I might have to go for it.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#105 akokonas

akokonas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

I have a coupon for an extra 5% off a Vita or PS3 with my RedCard, which came with my last bill. So, 10% off employee discount + 5% off for the RedCard + 5% off for the bonus coupon + $50 gift card? It would come out to around $215 including tax, but it would come with a $50 gift card. I might have to go for it.

Not a bad deal you could get a memory card and possibly a game too with that gift card plus the vita all for 215. Anyway you can post a scan for that 5% vita coupon? I have a target card but never saw that coupon before. That would be nice.

#106 argyle

argyle

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Yep that will be a good PM for those RZ Gamers who got the $20 GC and the RZ points from BB.

Yup - after I pricematch this, I will have been given free points to play this game. :) That's counting the $20 pre-order bonus & the credit I got for trading it back in after I beat it.
Posted Image

#107 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

I forget, but will Best Buy pricematch a gift card bonus, like for the getting a 3DS +$20 gift card?

Per the new policy no but still YMMV.

60 days to price match starting 6/18 for RZ silver members.

#108 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Did you do the 5 for $100 deal last yr? With the 60 pm most of the titles will be had for less than $40 even w/o matching BF deals. $240($580 for those with more than 1 RZ account) in RZ credit will go along way. A new @gamer sub, new console/handheld, DOTD's, all the $5-$15 @gamer deals...

Yep - Preaching to the choir buddy. I was one of the early adopters of the 5/$100 deal. If anything i've been a BB proponent on this board for over a year now.

#109 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

As far as I know, UMvC3 has shared DLC with the PS3 (no repurchase necessary) and MK doesn't have any cross play features. Neither seem to allow playing against PS3 opponents online.

I think it's time to use my B2G1 coupon on Gravity Rush and MGS for the Vita. Now, to find another $40 to get with those two...hopefully ME3 will be around $40?

I can't wait for Gravity Rush! I regret using my B2G1 a while back so I'll probably have to wait on MGS.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#110 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Starting June 18th all Silver members will be able to pricematch within 60 days of purchase instead of 45 as it currently is.

99.9% of new releases see price drops within 2 months so if anybody is a Silver member they would be a fool to not preorder any new release title at BB.

#111 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

My apologies for being unaware, but is there a B2G1 free for signing up for Unlocked that I'm not seeing? On the website, all I see is for pre-owned, via a special welcome coupon.

#112 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Yep - Preaching to the choir buddy. I was one of the early adopters of the 5/$100 deal. If anything i've been a BB proponent on this board for over a year now.

I thought so but that thread was SO chaotic with people wavering back n forth LOL. There were 2 CAG's regs who were dead set against it but after 2 games they saw the writing on the wall with the DLC selling for $10-$15, pm chances galore & the huge $48 trade in values they couldn't wait to get in on it. Others even got RZ accounts for the wives/GF's/Sisters/Moms etc to get an extra $100 just so they could fully profit from 1 set of 5 & keep the other 5 games(some wanted the same game on 2 systems).

There's nothing better then getting a $60 game for $40 after pm, at least $10 for selling DLC, $20 RZ credit & then still have the choice to sell the game on CL for $50 or $48 in trade in credit. Take the $48 credit to make the next $60 game $12 + tax rinse/repeat...easiest money I every made BB paying me to buy 5 AAA games that I wanted.

At least with the new deal there won't be the where's my $100 RZ threads LOL BB is learning. If only they'd allow BF pm'ing one can dream.

#113 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Starting June 18th all Silver members will be able to pricematch within 60 days of purchase instead of 45 as it currently is.

99.9% of new releases see price drops within 2 months so if anybody is a Silver member they would be a fool to not preorder any new release title at BB.

100% for any game released w/i 60 days of X-mas. I think the only other deal that was equal somewhat was the b2g1 coupons from the welcome pack used on BF but even then that's just 3 games vs the $100($300 if savvy) in RZ. The Kmart deals were solid but w/no pm or trade in chances you had to keep the train going to succeed.

#114 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Max Payne 3 turning out to be a great purchase ESP since I paid in bb credit- now its like it only cost me 30!

#115 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

I think MK Vita is online vs. PS3 players. My Scorpion just got pwned by a dude that had 1,000+ wins.

MK Vita has less lag than on the PS3 ive noticed. Makes no sense to me since its on PSN if i understand right. Go figure.

#116 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

I think MK Vita is online vs. PS3 players. My Scorpion just got pwned by a dude that had 1,000+ wins.

MK Vita has less lag than on the PS3 ive noticed. Makes no sense to me since its on PSN if i understand right. Go figure.

PSB: Will Mortal Kombat feature any PS3-to-PS Vita connectivity or cross play functionality?
EB: No. We’ve been working with PS Vita for quite a while. We had a lot of conversations about what we could do with it; I thought it would be cool to have an extra bonus for players who bought both the PS3 and PS Vita versions. We talked about unlocking a new character, or having some sort of new mode that enabled you to control the game from your PS Vita…but unfortunately, it’s coming up on a year since the PS3 version came out and we never found a way to marry the two versions together.

http://blog.us.plays...hallenge-tower/

#117 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

http://blog.us.plays...hallenge-tower/

So i seriously got my ass kicked by a guy that won 1,000+ MK vita matches? The game just came out a month ago. Wow.....

#118 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Damn Sony needs to get more of these titles with cross play out.
As for your coupon if your dealing with a good BB & you don't already have ME3 or Skyrim($35 on sale now).

My apologies for being unaware, but is there a B2G1 free for signing up for Unlocked that I'm not seeing? On the website, all I see is for pre-owned, via a special welcome coupon.

There's 4 coupons in the set 1 b2g1 is for new & 1 for used. They're currently sent via snail mail in batches but I'm trying to get them to offer these in-store also.
http://forums.bestbu...re/idi-p/510811

#119 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hmm, maybe I should trade in my copy of DKCR for $25.20 after 110% bonus, since I just know that value will plummet as a result of the new MSRP. Maybe I can pick it up again down the road for ~$15. Is this a good idea or should I hold onto it?

I was debating whether or not to do something similar with a game I have (FF XIII-2), but look at it this way. Are you playing the game right now? Or plan to within, let's say, the next month? I say trade it in when the going is good now, and only buy it when you see a deal you just can't pass up ($10 DOTD etc) or when you want to play it immediately.

There's always the chance you'll never have the desire to play it in which case instead of sitting unplayed in your back catalog you're putting that money to use towards something that you're getting immediate satisfaction out of.

#120 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

There's 4 coupons in the set 1 b2g1 is for new & 1 for used. They're currently sent via snail mail in batches but I'm trying to get them to offer these in-store also.
http://forums.bestbu...re/idi-p/510811

Kudo'd.
I guess I should finally sign up for "Unlocked" since they claim I don't have it yet. Signed up for the mag in September, but I must have signed up before they introduced Unlocked, though I vaguely remember it. Thanks for the response.