• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#121 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Kudo'd.
I guess I should finally sign up for "Unlocked" since they claim I don't have it yet. Signed up for the mag in September, but I must have signed up before they introduced Unlocked, though I vaguely remember it. Thanks for the response.

call em 1-800-678-3643, hopefully you used your RZ card for the transaction so you can look it up on the RZ site. If you did it in time to be unlocked then they'll credit you & increase your sub accordingly.

At this point there's no reason not to be unlocked unless there's not a BB in your area and/or tax in your state is outrageous. But for all others if you go game by game, trade by trade, deal by deal BB will beat them all. @Gamer deals can't be beat, coupon packs mean you make your deal your way, GC deals continue to improve & credit deals, RZ points, GC points + pm'ing(60 days) pretty much negate AMZ, walmart & target. & the juggernaut that is gamestop LOL I just pm them & get the RZ points with another chance to pm in the future.

#122 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

call em 1-800-678-3643, hopefully you used your RZ card for the transaction so you can look it up on the RZ site. If you did it in time to be unlocked then they'll credit you & increase your sub accordingly.

At this point there's no reason not to be unlocked unless there's not a BB in your area and/or tax in your state is outrageous. But for all others if you go game by game, trade by trade, deal by deal BB will beat them all. @Gamer deals can't be beat, coupon packs mean you make your deal your way, GC deals continue to improve & credit deals, RZ points, GC points + pm'ing(60 days) pretty much negate AMZ, walmart & target. & the juggernaut that is gamestop LOL I just pm them & get the RZ points with another chance to pm in the future.

I called the night/day after I went in and they had told me I didn't have Unlocked. Basically ran around CS for an hour or two to no avail. Gave up since I only have ~3 months left on my current magazine anyways. If I recall, I got my sub, and then like a week or two later they announced Unlocked, but I didn't really think anything of complaining at the time. Live and learn...

#123 CosmosTheMouse

CosmosTheMouse

The Ace Of Spades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Wait a second.....
Nintendo slightly dropping prices on a couple more games??

I must touch the ground to see if hell is freezing over.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#124 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

I called the night/day after I went in and they had told me I didn't have Unlocked. Basically ran around CS for an hour or two to no avail. Gave up since I only have ~3 months left on my current magazine anyways. If I recall, I got my sub, and then like a week or two later they announced Unlocked, but I didn't really think anything of complaining at the time. Live and learn...

gotcha, I remember trying to convince people to join & was met with heavy Resistance LOL. Mine expires in Oct. but I got the 1st year free with the coupon & have profitted to no end being unlocked so the $15(which I won't even pay cash for just will use credit) is an investment that would make Gordon Gekko cry grown man tears LOL.

#125 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

Take advantage of the coins you get for registering the nintendo selects games before 7/1. They all go from 50 points to 20 points values.

Only the two new ones, maybe. I registered soem old ones a while back and they were only 20

#126 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

gotcha, I remember trying to convince people to join & was met with heavy Resistance LOL. Mine expires in Oct. but I got the 1st year free with the coupon & have profitted to no end being unlocked so the $15(which I won't even pay cash for just will use credit) is an investment that would make Gordon Gekko cry grown man tears LOL.

Like I said, I jumped on early on for the mag itself. I rarely trade games or buy used, so those are primarily negated. Would have liked some of the coupons though, if I could have.

#127 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

That sucks man. I joined about a 1-2 months before they announced Unlocked. My next magazine came in with a letter on the front saying to take it up to BB and I would get to join Unlocked for free. I guess you joined a little too close to the conversion or something. They seem slow, because when I had joined unlocked, it took several weeks before it actually showed up on my RZ account.

#128 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Damn Sony needs to get more of these titles with cross play out.
As for your coupon if your dealing with a good BB & you don't already have ME3 or Skyrim($35 on sale now).

Thing is, Gravity Rush and MGS come out on Tuesday. Guess I can sit and wait until something else pops up for sale down the line.

#129 howyoudoin

howyoudoin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

I can confirm the 100% trade-in bonus is good for the entire month of June. So enjoy!

#130 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

Pikmin 2 for me. So glad I didn't break down and overpay for a gamecube copy.
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#131 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

Yup, time to PM Max Payne 3 at BB next week. I didn't even play this game - sold it online immediately for $46. Still waiting on the $20 GC, but good to know I'll get $10 back and hopefully another PM soon.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#132 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

I'm sure this has been discussed in the other thread but could you earn 2 $20 RZ certs if you preordered a game (say black ops II) for BOTH PS3 and Xbox 360?

don't see why not since they are 2 "different" games.
Posted Image

#133 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

Thing is, Gravity Rush and MGS come out on Tuesday. Guess I can sit and wait until something else pops up for sale down the line.

return/rebuy if your BB is cool

don't see why not since they are 2 "different" games.

BB doesn't consider them different regardless if it's on another system. No different than the restrictions from the 5 for $100 deal.

If you wanna bypass it you'd need to get a 2nd RZ account...(wife, GF, kids)

#134 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Ended up not trading my copy of Mercenaries 3D this week as planned.

But, assuming the price stays solid I might do it net week and put it towards Pikmin 2.

oIi9lub.png

#135 crypto186

crypto186

MISC - U AWARE?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

dual shock charger and remote for 24!? omg great deal.

#136 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Damn, can't find my bestbuy receipt and when i look it up on the rewardzone it shows i only paid $27.xx for it since I used a gift card from trading in games.

#137 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Damn, can't find my bestbuy receipt and when i look it up on the rewardzone it shows i only paid $27.xx for it since I used a gift card from trading in games.

Yeah, I used a giftcard as well to pay for mine, so it shows a similar amount. Will Best Buy still price match?
Posted Image

#138 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Paper ad this week.

:360: Buy the 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect bundle for $299.99, get a $25 Toys R Us gift card.

:360: 3-month Xbox Live Gold card $14.99

:360: Buy 1 Get 1 40% off all Xbox 360 games.
Ad shows :360: Lollipop Chainsaw included in sale.

:ds::wii: Buy 2 for $30 on any DS and Wii games priced at $19.99. Must buy 2 games for offer.

:ds::wii: Buy 2 for $50 on any DS and Wii games priced at $29.99. Must buy 2 games for offer.
Ad has :wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns and :wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl marked as "Lower Price!" I guess both will be $29.99.

#139 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hmm pikmin2 for wii is only 19.99 comes out to,or row and is msrp

#140 DirtyBill

DirtyBill

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Per the new policy no but still YMMV.

60 days to price match starting 6/18 for RZ silver members.

How do you become a silver member? I just recently became a gamers club member, couldn't resist deals.

#141 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

i assume many ds games priced at 19.98 wont be in the deal.

#142 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

How do you become a silver member? I just recently became a gamers club member, couldn't resist deals.

You have to spend $2500 in a year at best buy, trade ins have counted for reaching that goal for some people, and some people also got it at only spending $1000.

I actually lucked out and the receipt for Max Payne 3 was in my car which I discovered while grabbing my wallet to go see prometheus today.

#143 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the info, OP! :D

I definitely want to grab NPC: Pikmin 2 and I'm sure I can find some other $20 Wii or DS game for the deal.
Posted Image

#144 newbslice

newbslice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

You have to spend $2500 in a year at best buy, trade ins have counted for reaching that goal for some people, and some people also got it at only spending $1000.

I actually lucked out and the receipt for Max Payne 3 was in my car which I discovered while grabbing my wallet to go see prometheus today.

also heard if you sign up for the BB CC and use it for other purchases it all counts towards silver status

#145 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

i assume many ds games priced at 19.98 wont be in the deal.

I'd like to know if this is the case too!

#146 Jdub_smooth

Jdub_smooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

If I preorder and get the $20 gift card can I still price adjust after the price drops?

#147 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

Well this would save me a trip to Fry's for Super Paper Mario and Pikmin 2, same price before tax. I have Lollipop on $45 pre-order so the B1G140% doesn't help me much. Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#148 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

Too bad I cant come up with anything good for a B1G1 deal. May bite on Pikmin 2 and SMG though

#149 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

Note on the Nintendo Selects titles - register them before July 1st - They're currently worth 50 coins, afterwards, they're only worth 20.

Not sure how this will effect Pikmin 2 though.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#150 angel001

angel001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

couple of good ones in there
You've Just Entered the NO-FLY ZONE!
http://www.fggsgsf.com/f/images/air