Best Buy deal on 32GB PS Vita memory card via Costco PM

borgtactics

CAG Veteran
Went to Best Buy tonight and price matched the 32GB Vita memory card from Costco.ca to save $16.50 off the regular $99.99 at Best Buy.

With tax, because I live in B.C., it came to $93.51

This seems like the best deal currently available for a brand new 32GB Vita memory card and in case anyone else out there was holding out like myself on purchasing the 32GB memory card, this seems like possibly the best way to get one.

[quote name='borgtactics']This seems like the best deal currently available for a brand new 32GB Vita memory card and in case anyone else out there was holding out like myself on purchasing the 32GB memory card, this seems like possibly the best way to get one.[/QUOTE]

Really, the key point is "currently available". I just bought a class 10 MicroSD card for $20. A $80 bloat for slower memory is pretty inexcusable, and best to not even bother with at this time. Just buy a 4GB for now to holdout, and know you only wasted like $15. Honestly, if they don't have 64GB cards on the market for $50 in a few years I'll be pretty surprised.

[quote name='ragnar14']Honestly, if they don't have 64GB cards on the market for $50 in a few years I'll be pretty surprised.[/QUOTE] Those 8 GB Memory Sticks are still $20.

[quote name='Mr.']Those 8 GB Memory Sticks are still $20.[/QUOTE]

If you mean that proprietary PS2 memory, those are actually 8MB... Ridiculously priced, but they came out in a different age. Even still though, adequate (not good, just adequate) clones popped up around when the system died that are $3 a pop.

Memory Sticks. The ones used in Sony Ericsson phones (until they switched to SD), Sony cameras (also jumped onto SD), PSP and numerous other Sony products. Third-parties make Memory Sticks as well, but prices are still much higher than SD cards.

Considering how Sony is the only company that makes Vita cards and these cards aren't even used in any other electronics, I would be incredibly surprised if they dropped to a reasonable price.

[quote name='Mr.']Memory Sticks. The ones used in Sony Ericsson phones (until they switched to SD), Sony cameras (also jumped onto SD), PSP and numerous other Sony products. Third-parties make Memory Sticks as well, but prices are still much higher than SD cards.

Considering how Sony is the only company that makes Vita cards and these cards aren't even used in any other electronics, I would be incredibly surprised if they dropped to a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

Technically Memory Stick Pro Duo is used in the PSP, Memory Sticks were the original ones that were about twice as long physically.
They are $20 now, but they did drop in price at least... I remember getting a good deal on my 4GB years ago, since it only cost me $50-60 :whistle2:#

The Vita cards will drop in price someday, but $93.51 seems like a pretty good deal right now considering how proprietary it is.

[quote name='borgtactics']went to best buy tonight and price matched the 32gb vita memory card from costco.ca to save $16.50 off the regular $99.99 at best buy.

With tax, because i live in b.c., it came to $93.51

this seems like the best deal currently available for a brand new 32gb vita memory card and in case anyone else out there was holding out like myself on purchasing the 32gb memory card, this seems like possibly the best way to get one.[/quote]

~~!!!!hot deal on 32gb psvita memory card!!!!~~
~~~~!!!!!!!!save ~6% from list price!!!!!!!!~~~~

???

The discount was 16.5%...

[quote name='TeaBisquit']~~!!!!hot deal on 32gb psvita memory card!!!!~~
~~~~!!!!!!!!save ~6% from list price!!!!!!!!~~~~[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TeaBisquit']~~!!!!hot deal on 32gb psvita memory card!!!!~~
~~~~!!!!!!!!save ~6% from list price!!!!!!!!~~~~[/QUOTE]

6 or 16, any savings on a proprietary memory card made by a company who historically doesn't drop prices is worth posting.

[quote name='Derfel']???

The discount was 16.5%...[/QUOTE]

I know. Relative to the list price, he saved ~6% though. That's why I said, "save ~6% from list price".

List price is $99.99 (+ tax). This purchase was for $83.49 (+ tax). I don't understand what you mean by a 6% savings.

[quote name='TeaBisquit']I know. Relative to the list price, he saved ~6% though. That's why I said, "save ~6% from list price".

...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unless my math is wrong it's not 6%.

The nice thing about it being $99.99 and $83.49 is if you add a penny to both they become $100.00 and $83.50, respectively. Makes the math pretty easy as percents are a lot easier when the relative number is a base of 10 or multiple thereof.

Also, I did do at least some online researching before attempting to have Best Buy price match Costco and before making this thread. As far as what I read goes, Best Buy WILL price match Costco as long as it's not a 'special price,' or some kind of special deal. The $83.49 seemed to me to be the consistently available (not a special offer) price at Costco.

If I steered anyone in the wrong direction, or if for some reason you attempted what I suggested is possible in this thread and were denied, I wholeheartedly apologize. That was the furthest from my intent. I just wanted to give back a little bit for all the help I've received here.

[quote name='borgtactics']Yeah, unless my math is wrong it's not 6%.

The nice thing about it being $99.99 and $83.49 is if you add a penny to both they become $100.00 and $83.50, respectively. Makes the math pretty easy as percents are a lot easier when the relative number is a base of 10 or multiple thereof.

Also, I did do at least some online researching before attempting to have Best Buy price match Costco and before making this thread. As far as what I read goes, Best Buy WILL price match Costco as long as it's not a 'special price,' or some kind of special deal. The $83.49 seemed to me to be the consistently available (not a special offer) price at Costco.

If I steered anyone in the wrong direction, or if for some reason you attempted what I suggested is possible in this thread and were denied, I wholeheartedly apologize. That was the furthest from my intent. I just wanted to give back a little bit for all the help I've received here.[/QUOTE]

Guys I know that after taxes the savings are more than 6% I'm not stupid :cry: Where I'm from, $100 = $13 taxes, so OP saved a decent amount of money. I'm sort of just criticizing the price of these vita memory cards.

bread's done
Back