Fri 15-Sat 16 @ Meijer (offline only): 20% off games & PSN, Nintendo, MS point cards

MacMog

CAGiversary!
Meijer Summer Bucks are here again! Summer Bucks give you $3 off an item priced $15 (well, $14.97) or more, $5 off ~$25, and $10 off ~$50. You can use them on any general merchandise, which includes any video games, but more importantly PSN, Nintendo, and Microsoft points cards. I point this out because I don’t know of a better (or any other) discount on PSN and Nintendo points cards. Paying $16 for $20 worth of download credit, or $40 for $50, makes me happy. (Meijer does charge tax on Nintendo points cards, but not on PSN and Microsoft points cards.) On top of that, they don’t restrict you to one coupon per trip, meaning download fans like me can stock up.

I buy my cards from the electronics cashiers. Some don’t expect the coupons to work on the cards; I ask them to try anyway and they’ve worked every promo thus far. Others prefer to use the self-checkout stations; I think the attendant has to do something, but they’ve worked as well. You can get multiple cards on the same receipt, though I have run into cashiers who want a coupon for each card, so grab a couple copies of the ad as you enter.

IIRC they usually run the same promo again later in the season, but I don’t have any advance knowledge, so don’t wait if you want in on the deal.

[quote name='Snake Eater']What are summer bucks?[/QUOTE]

It's a promotion Meijer runs. Basically has a set of 6 or so coupons. Each state save x amount of money on any general merchandise or apparel item (single item) priced xx or above. Like the OP stated it's 20% so like one coupon states buy a single item priced $50 and save $10. The coupons don't stack and you can't buy a ton of small things and use a big coupon. They work on a single item only.

Previously they've set it up so you can clip the coupons through your mPerks account, which makes it much easier to use, but as of right now it's not there. I have a feeling it will be added before this weekend. Also, they're doing a B1G1 50% off sale on games priced 19.99 and under through Saturday, so you could also take advantage and use it to get 2 19.99 priced games for only $25.

Can you apply PSN cards to a PS Plus subscription? (Or, do they sell PS Plus cards?) The large number of free games currently is calling to me . . .

Would any CAG pick me up a PSN card and a Nintendo 3ds card and I could pay them what they paid for it? I have a ton of feedback on here, and have done the same for gamers when it was a east coast thing and they where westies. :)

If you could, please PM me. I can pay you after you purchase the card(s) then you could email/PM me the code. No shipping required.

Thanks!

[quote name='pob14']Can you apply PSN cards to a PS Plus subscription? (Or, do they sell PS Plus cards?) The large number of free games currently is calling to me . . .[/QUOTE]Actually this was my question as well, anyone know if Meijer (in store) carries PS Plus cards?

Ok so I stopped in to see about points cards for PSN (all out of them) but i saw they were doing a promo if you buy Max Payne 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, or Witcher 2, you got a $10 coupon for your next game purchase.

So i bought Ghost recon using the summer bucks and got it for $50 plus tax. Then I bought Witcher2 and used the summer bucks coupon AND the $10 next purchase and got it for $40 and another $10 coupon. Which I then used to buy a ps3 game I wanted for another $40.

Not a bad deal really IMHO.

Had a 1.50 printed coupon from my last visit to the store, plus the $2 one from my mPerks. Thanks to the B1G1 50% off sale on games 19.99 or less, I got Red Dead Redemption, NeverDead (couldn't help myself), $20 PSN card and a 4000 point XBL card for 79.99 after tax.

bread's done
Back