The Official Guild Wars Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalklear64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Guild Wars Topic!

If you are interested in joining, be sure to contact either crystalklear64 (Rayva Swiftstring) or Lord Melvin (Lord Melvin) if you would like an invite!

Major Update: Finally added all user names supplied.
Major Update: Added Status of all CAG members in relation to our Guild.

NAMES:
Lord Melvin- "Lord Melvin" In Guild- Guild Leader

crystalklear64- "Crystal Hunnigan", "Ariel Fyuri", "Rayva Swiftstring" In Guild- Guild Officer

Kayden- "Kayden Fox" In Guild- Guild Officer

Moxio- "Ultimate Moxio", "Dragon Omnislash" In Guild- Guild Officer

Renegade_Zero- "Renegade Zero" In Guild

Logg- "Logg Jaw", "Jake Da Snake" In Guild

jenus- "Alasdair Magnysson", "Waltz Mansend" Invite Sent checked 3 times

clockworkvictim- "Cloud Dead" In Guild

jalu6- "Jay Luc" In Guild

Ledhed- "Led Hed" In Guild

toper- "Dana Dakwik" In Guild

the_deej- "the deej" In Guild

jimbodan- "Lady Deth Dealer" Invite Rejected

StealthySeal- "Jake T" In Guild

JDMxB- "Kratos Bloodfist" In Guild

Dogpatch- "Lord Dogpatch" In Guild

taiidanx- " Taiidan Sonata" In Guild*

Noodle Pirate!- "Sparky Mcburn" Invite Sent checked 3 times

greendj27- "Daniel Trongbow" In Guild

Pylis- "James Stryker" Invite Sent checked 3 times

DarkFlameX- "Dark Metal Knight" In Guild*

greydemise- "Lucky Furby" In Guild

jam3582- "Necro Manus" Invite Sent checked 3 times

edison- "Edaire Molteff" In Guild

YeahRight13- "Toxic Deathblade" In Guild

TheUnsane1- "Scantly Clad" In Guild

timiddy- "Ajisong Hui" In Guild

Mr. Anderson- "Samurai Fez" Invites Sent checked 3 times

FlipSide- "Procyron Von Croix" In Guild*

Cracka- "William the Impaler" In Guild*

kingtz- "King Commando" In Guild

greendc27- "Christopher Denison" In Guild

beefynutcase- "Bladesman Baru" In Guild

?- "Cengiz Pasha" Um, a name without a user, I dunno who this is, tell me.

vHIMv- "Crazy Death Riot" In Guild

Superstar- "Sgm Superstar" In Guild*

-STATUS OF ALL NAMES POSTED-
*= Invite gives a, "Already in Guild" message. They're in a guild, just not ours. Add them to your Friends if you want to talk with them.

Our current business:
1.)Earn a Celestial Sigil through PvP, don't buy it...

2.)Level up so we can participate in some guild wars!

[quote name='clockworkvictim']I asked in the other thread but ill ask here as well... is a good computer needed to play this because if it isn:t defintaly count me in.[/QUOTE]

Well if you refer back to that same thread, you'll see that I used a very dated computer and things didn't work out so well for me. Granted, I only did it as a test, but GW would not be playable on a machine like that :D.

I, of course, will be participating. I've participated in most (if not all) of the GW beta events, so I've got a really good feel of the game.

We'll need to try and snag the CAG clan title. Does anyone have any sigils to start it up?

I will be under the aliases Dragon Omnislash and Ultimate Moxio. If I decide to create another character, I will inform you all.

.... This may sound dumb, especially considering the title of the game... but I really can't stand guilds. Its a bunch of morons running around doing their own thing. Everyone wants to lead and no one wants to follow. Even when they ask you what to do, they don't listen, but still bitch at you for the plan not working.

I dont like either the crown or the Rook. Unless you're talking about the Crown on the first page which isn't bad. Personally, I like the wave on the last page or the snake... not really cag related but just look cool.

I'm gonna secure my copy of this tommarow so count me in :).

You need a decent PC to run it well.

I have a 2.2mhz processor and a 9700 Radeon PRO with 512ram. I run the game with everything maxed. I do get some poor frame rates when there is a lot of action or files are loading, but generally, it runs great.

[quote name='Kayden']You need a decent PC to run it well.

I have a 2.2mhz processor and a 9700 Radeon PRO with 512ram. I run the game with everything maxed. I do get some poor frame rates when there is a lot of action or files are loading, but generally, it runs great.[/QUOTE]
yeah mines around that so i should be in the clear, though i couldnt run the Doom 3 demo, on minimum details, and stuff, it was like myst, for crying out loud

[quote name='Ozzkev55']yeah mines around that so i should be in the clear, though i couldnt run the Doom 3 demo, on minimum details, and stuff, it was like myst, for crying out loud[/QUOTE]

Mine ran Doom 3 and HL2 just peachy...

[quote name='Kayden']Mine ran Doom 3 and HL2 just peachy...[/QUOTE]
my video cards a 9200 i think, it runs RoN pretty good though

yeah I have a good ol' geforce 4 4200ti 128 MB and I used my friends beta account and the game ran pretty good... as for the actual game, I really don't know if I'm going to get it, I might, and if I do, I'll definitely join this cag guild

[quote name='Kayden'].... This may sound dumb, especially considering the title of the game... but I really can't stand guilds. Its a bunch of morons running around doing their own thing. Everyone wants to lead and no one wants to follow. Even when they ask you what to do, they don't listen, but still bitch at you for the plan not working.[/QUOTE]

Well we don't really have to do our own thing, its just nice to know that you always have a few people to help you out/play with that you can "trust". Also you miss out on the awesome Guild vs. Guild battles if you aren't a part of one. I say the pro's outweight the con's. :bouncy:

[quote name='Kayden'].... This may sound dumb, especially considering the title of the game... but I really can't stand guilds. Its a bunch of morons running around doing their own thing. Everyone wants to lead and no one wants to follow. Even when they ask you what to do, they don't listen, but still bitch at you for the plan not working.[/QUOTE]
Ill gladly follow a steadfast leader

still trying to decide to get it or not. ive read all the previews and all, and i like the idea of playing with some fellow CAG's but im knee deep into WoW right now and im wondering how this will compare. I dont mean, whether it will be better or not, as i know they are generally different types of games (at least that is how the website is trying to hype it) but i guess i want to make sure it doesnt turn into a Matrix Online type thing, where the concept looked cool, but in practice (i played the beta) it was boring and a little broken.

i guess can any beta testers vouch for the quality?

Guild Wars is a quality game. However, it may not appeal to everyone.
It focuses on

-People who want to play with a very thorough PvP system
-People who want to quest
-People who prefer skill over time played

Great Game. I pick up my pre-paid for game tomorrow

my name is LoggJaw

they early starts in 5 minutes I will try to make it

Hey, I'm playing.

As of now I have 2 characters, Alasdair Magnysson (Ranger) and Waltz Mansend (Elementalist).

Yeah for anyone that didn't know, if you pre-ordered the game, you can play right now and tomorrow (48 hours in total) before you need a retail key. What this means is that we can play 2 days before anyone else and get a head start :D .

Also, for anyone that pre-ordered, it'd be swell if you posted what the stats are on your exclusive item! I'll be getting the hammer so when I play (this weekend hopefully) I'll be sure to let you know what it does.

anyone know if I will be able to install guild wars on two computers? If I am using the same account. I have one computer in my room, but I also have another computer downstairs that is more powerful. The reason I want it on two computers is because sometimes other people in my family will be using the downstairs one so I want to be able to play in my room when neccessary.

[quote name='tenzor']anyone know if I will be able to install guild wars on two computers? If I am using the same account. I have one computer in my room, but I also have another computer downstairs that is more powerful. The reason I want it on two computers is because sometimes other people in my family will be using the downstairs one so I want to be able to play in my room when neccessary.[/QUOTE]

If you're not playing at the same time, then yes.

What a great game

I just picked up my real game, but I have pre-order code to play tonight I can not, just going to watch Blade Trinity first

Is this game really that good? The only online game I have really played without getting bored of is StarCraft. I was going to get Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2 .......but a free mmorpg is very tempting...think I should reconsider and get this?

[quote name='whoknows']Is this game really that good? The only online game I have really played without getting bored of is StarCraft. I was going to get Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2 .......but a free mmorpg is very tempting...think I should reconsider and get this?[/QUOTE]
I would not term this game as an MMORPG in the traitional sense (ie Everquest. WoW. Lineage etc). The game time is similar in the way PSO and PSU have and will work. The game is not everpresent nor peristentant in the true MMORPG sense. Every town, dungoen, and major quest/batte areas are instanced and work similar to lobbies when you are preparing to enter. Not saying this is bad, but is has a very D2/PSO feel to it.

[quote name='whoknows']Is this game really that good? The only online game I have really played without getting bored of is StarCraft. I was going to get Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2 .......but a free mmorpg is very tempting...think I should reconsider and get this?[/QUOTE]
a fore warning against RE:OF2
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/residenteviloutbreak2/index.html?q=Resident+Evil
i recomend AvP 2(if you want a lasting online game)
this game is looking very interesting, as i want to get a good rpg, as ive never really owned one, save pokemon stadium

Me and my girlfriend picked up our copies today at Best buy. 3 Diff box art cover variations o_O. Best buy had a bunch of games for 1/2 off too so I picked up the karoke revolution bundle for 25 :D

[quote name='Ozzkev55']a fore warning against RE:OF2
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/residenteviloutbreak2/index.html?q=Resident+Evil
i recomend AvP 2(if you want a lasting online game)
this game is looking very interesting, as i want to get a good rpg, as ive never really owned one, save pokemon stadium[/QUOTE]

Yes..I know about the reviews, but I dont really care. I want it because its Resident Evil...besides I did enjoy the first one a lot. But this game looks very interesting so I just cant decide.

anyone know what weapons come with the pre order boxes? I have the EB games bow , but I notice that Target, Frys, BB are selling the pre sell box for $1 so I was wondering if each store had their own unique weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back