Ninja Gaiden 3 Collectors Edition $69.99 @ Gamestop

Hm tempting, but it just keeps dropping slowly. What version did you see at this price? The PS3 version still shows as $79.99 online, so maybe it's in-store only.

Ninja Gaiden is one of my favorite game series, I would had been all over this deal if the games was at least mediocre instead of suck.

I'll wait until it's below $30 for the CE and/or below $10 for the regular edition before buying this game.

[quote name='barrit']Hm tempting, but it just keeps dropping slowly. What version did you see at this price? The PS3 version still shows as $79.99 online, so maybe it's in-store only.[/QUOTE]

This was 360, didn't think to look for ps3

[quote name='KtMack23']This was 360, didn't think to look for ps3[/QUOTE]

It's probably the price for both versions in-store, because the online 360 entry says $79.99 just like the PS3 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IamPro']Heard this game was pretty bad, can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

I have it since day 1. Yes, it sucks compares to the older games but it's still better than a lot of hack n slash games. The first 2 games are pretty much the flagship games for this genre so it's not easy for the rookie producer to topple the former leader.
Think NG3 in the level of Ninja Blade and you'll get an idea of what this version is like... lots of mindless combat with some scripted moments. It definetely is tailor to newcomers. The older games use strategic combat so it's quite a bit different in the gameplay department. If your are a veteran like myself, you'll want to start on Hard. Normal and below is just too automated. I already beat MNM and it's no where near as hard as the older titles.

Thanks OP.
hnmkl

[quote name='Kaiser499']I still think they will come out with a sigma version of this.[/QUOTE]
Depends on DLC sales. The multiplayer is pretty fun, except that it runs like dial-up.

I doubt we'll see a Sigma 3 unless they want to re-work the engine and include the older (and better) game-play mechanics so that people can play through the game either way, and include the DLC.

Personally, I don't hate the game. Severe disappointment seems to cloud the positives, and when people talk about the game the disappointment seems as if it were hatred.

the Wii U version is basically Sigma 3. fixes pretty much everything that was wrong with the game. new weapons, ninpo, brings back dismemberment, and better AI.

also known as "oh what the game should've been."

c'mon guys - i too am a huge ninja gaiden fan... i didn't think it was that horrible (extremely frustrating because the enemies do nothing but constantly throw).

nowhere near the sigma 1 or 2 nor ng-black but not totally horrible.

got my normal 360 one at $30 and my ps3 collector's version at 79.99 and i don't feel total regret.

Store near me has had one for each system for a while at this price. Figured something was wrong with them since they carry almost no other CE. Only other ones were gears of war 3 epic edition

[quote name='NINJA V'](extremely frustrating because the enemies do nothing but constantly throw).

[/QUOTE]

This is Hayashi's signature design (Sigma 2 and NG3)... 1 hit grab/throw kills on higher difficulties. If you played Itagaki's games, you know it's never about artificial hard difficulty. Off-screen projectile spam? Sure but a skilled player knows how to block/dodge them... and you can actually take few hits of the projectiles before you die. 1 hit kills just plainly suck.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']This is Hayashi's signature design (Sigma 2 and NG3)... 1 hit grab/throw kills on higher difficulties. If you played Itagaki's games, you know it's never about artificial hard difficulty. Off-screen projectile spam? Sure but a skilled player knows how to block/dodge them... and you can actually take few hits of the projectiles before you die. 1 hit kills just plainly suck.[/QUOTE]

my biggest gripe other than cheap boss battles that kill you with 1 combo was the incendary ninja's, there was no escape from those s.o.b.s other than a well time onland super combo or izuna drop... jeez bad bad bad flashbacks.

I regretted buying this for Xbox 360. It is still sealed if anyone wants it. I will let it go for $70 even for pickup in San Diego/UTC area for those that are local. PM me!

The only reason to play this game is for the story IMO,Kinda simple but I enjoyable. Gameplay on the other hand was pretty bad.

bread's done
Back