Batman Arkham City GotY (360/PS3)$29.99 - Amazon

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SRM5MO/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Includes a digital copy of Batman Year One from XBL or PSN.
From what I've read, saves are incompatible between the vanilla and GotY edition. If you have a vanilla copy, all the DLC except for Harley Quinn's Revenge are on sale for XBL Gold member, details are in the XBL DotW thread.

Repurposing the thread when it was previously a Lightning Deal:
Game of the Year Edition of this block buster Warner Brothers video game!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

It has to be either game, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
u hope for that,
but it will be this:

arkham city goty 34.99
if you're lucky 29.99
and if the amazon gaming gods are trolling,
arkham asylum goty 17.99

but yeah, 19.99 would be nice, even 24.99 would work for me.

If it's $30 or less, I'll bite. Beat the story mode once back in November, but I'd like to go back and play all the extra DLC and do all the extra side missions.

[quote name='kayne2000']they are firesaling that game for sure. i mean who would buy it that game cover is the ugliest game cover ive seen in years[/QUOTE]
For a cover? I've seen some cool covers for games that no one gives a damn about.

Anybody know if the codes in the PS3 version of the GOTY Arkham City are separate for each DLC, or at least if Catwoman is separate? Or is all the DLC on the disc?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to be all on the disc from what I'm reading.

$20 or less and I might bite, otherwise I can wait for it to hit that. There is no limited time 3D glasses or anything like the AA GotY.

But I'm guessing the Batman Year One download code might expire at some point for ps3 if you wait too long, but probably not for xbox. Xbox wins the lensoftruth head2head (slightly) for anyone interested. There is no amazon TIV for 360 anymore, so let's hope for a fire sale.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']If it's $30 or less, I'll bite. Beat the story mode once back in November, but I'd like to go back and play all the extra DLC and do all the extra side missions.[/QUOTE]same here, although I told myself Id get it even at $40

Game is currently sold by Amazon for $48.15 (PS3) and $48.38 (360). I see this selling for $35-40 during the deal. Way too early for GOTY to hit $20...maybe during BF.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Anybody know if the codes in the PS3 version of the GOTY Arkham City are separate for each DLC, or at least if Catwoman is separate? Or is all the DLC on the disc?
[/QUOTE]
PS3 version should sport 2 discs, one for the original game, and one for all the DLC/bonus content.

$44.99 is my guess.

[quote name='kayne2000']they are firesaling that game for sure. i mean who would buy it that game cover is the ugliest game cover ive seen in years[/QUOTE]
I'm swapping it out with a vanilla copy cover art. Way too much text targeted at marketing the game cluttered this cover! Maybe they thought it needed to be more explicit about how great the game was.

Probably gonna be $34.99.

I'll buy if it magically hits $19.99 myself, otherwise I'll just wait for a sale on the DLC (Still have my CE copy from Amazon's $59.99 pricing error at release)

[quote name='shivan128']PS3 version should sport 2 discs, one for the original game, and one for all the DLC/bonus content.

$44.99 is my guess.
[/QUOTE]No, thats how it is on the 360. The PS3 uses bluray and can hold all the content on disc

negativo mi amigo! ps3 version is all on 1 disc. lol i've yet to see a ps3 game with 2 bluray discs. my guess is u meant the 360 version tho.

ps3 unboxing buy some random fellow -probably one of you hahaha-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOYfLiTqDY

[quote name='shivan128']PS3 version should sport 2 discs, one for the original game, and one for all the DLC/bonus content.

$44.99 is my guess.

I'm swapping it out with a vanilla copy cover art. Way too much text targeted at marketing the game cluttered this cover! Maybe they thought it needed to be more explicit about how great the game was.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sadboy']For a cover? I've seen some cool covers for games that no one gives a damn about.[/QUOTE]

while im not overly picky with covers( i mean what choice do i have in that matter) if given the choice between the two i do prefer the nicer looking covers. and quite frankly this one is just hideous. though i do appreciate it when designers put some effort into a good box art design. and its not like the batman DLC is fantastic or anything unless that harley one they just released is really good.

[quote name='kayne2000']while im not overly picky with covers( i mean what choice do i have in that matter) if given the choice between the two i do prefer the nicer looking covers. and quite frankly this one is just hideous. though i do appreciate it when designers put some effort into a good box art design. and its not like the batman DLC is fantastic or anything unless that harley one they just released is really good.[/QUOTE]

from what I've heard the Harley DLC was the worst yet. Short, and didn't add much to the story at all.

[quote name='GamerDude316']from what I've heard the Harley DLC was the worst yet. Short, and didn't add much to the story at all.[/QUOTE]

worst? i didnt think it could get worse than the stupid challenge maps DLC. or the fact cat woman is DLC for used gamers.

I'll jump on the "if GOTY hits $40 or under they can take my money" train of thought; which leaves me sitting at the same station I've been waiting at since the vanilla version debuted, what, 8 months ago?

With all of the dirt cheap games I've been picking up from sales (ala Gamefly, etc), I've been in the rare mood to actually WANT to give good developers actual dollar-on-the-dollar for their good games, rather than just pennies.

[quote name='Havok83']No, thats how it is on the 360. The PS3 uses bluray and can hold all the content on disc[/QUOTE]
Whoops, you're right! PS3 is one disc. Thanks for the correction.

I'm glad the DLC is on a 2nd disc for the X360 instead of download tokens (though you do get a token for some Batman animated movie that I don't care for). Makes it much easier to resell. All I care for is the Harley DLC, lol. I'll probably bite at $30.

When I traded in my version of the original to BB, I only gave them the disc and kept the case for myself to swap out for the GOTY when I get it

[quote name='technicalstylez']u hope for that,
but it will be this:

arkham city goty 34.99
if you're lucky 29.99
and if the amazon gaming gods are trolling,
arkham asylum goty 17.99

but yeah, 19.99 would be nice, even 24.99 would work for me.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I would probably buy AC GotY if it was $19.99 but like you, I doubt it would go that low so soon even for a lightning deal. I see $29.99 at the lowest and give that about a 65% chance (I learned probabilities from Fi \\:D/). It sucks since I have the original game and the combined dlc currently costs about $32.50 I think. So at $19.99 I'd most likely get it but anything higher and I'd just wait since I know it'll go lower and they may do a better dlc bundle or do a sale/discount on all the dlc at some point. But at least the original game was a gift so I didn't pay anything for it. :razz:

If it is AC, I hope it doesnt sell out fast. Im at work and hopefully can get on a PC by 4PM (thats the time the deal goes live EST, right?)

[quote name='Havok83']If it is AC, I hope it doesnt sell out fast. Im at work and hopefully can get on a PC by 4PM (thats the time the deal goes live EST, right?)[/QUOTE]

Yep, 4pm est is what it shows currently.

I gotta get it 2. It drives me nutz that i cant play any of the DLC (including catwoman) without an internet connection. I have been meaning to plow thru a new game+ but when i have to most time to play i have no internet.

of course you would judge a book by its cover. Of course you do.

----

I'm predicting $34.99 GOTY AC. Or maybe $37.99.

(which of course means pass to all of us.)

$30 or below and I'm all over this. $35 and I will consider it long and hard. It's my favorite game of last year, and I've held out on the dlc up until now, but I do want it.

I've actually bought all of the DLC for this outside of the Night wing Character and the new Harley DLC. I'm kind of ashamed.

Heh, I've been out of the loop so I didn't even know the goty was officially out, then I saw this post and thought "man this guy has got to be trolling about the game cover", but nope that is actually the worst cover ever.

actually the game informer cover with them back to back.....all in that white shadow look would have been a better cover.......it likes like a magazine ad as it is.........

360 version is the superior version for this game if you have a choice, according to Lens of Truth based on less screen tearing and better graphical performance.

For those of you that live here in the mid west near a Meijer, it is $39 this week for the GOTY. I had BB match the price, as I bought my on day one. FYI, PS3 is on one disc, with no downloading, unlike AA GOTY.

[quote name='barrit']Thanks for the heads up OP, I set my phone alarm to remind me :)[/QUOTE]

Same here haha, hopefully it's a worthwhile price.

"they are firesaling that game for sure. i mean who would buy it that game cover is the ugliest game cover ive seen in years"

While I agree that the cover is hideous, once your testicles descend you find that it no longer prevents you from making a logical purchase.

[quote name='JanusDS']Heh, I would probably buy AC GotY if it was $19.99 but like you, I doubt it would go that low so soon even for a lightning deal. I see $29.99 at the lowest and give that about a 65% chance (I learned probabilities from Fi \\:D/). It sucks since I have the original game and the combined dlc currently costs about $32.50 I think. So at $19.99 I'd most likely get it but anything higher and I'd just wait since I know it'll go lower and they may do a better dlc bundle or do a sale/discount on all the dlc at some point. But at least the original game was a gift so I didn't pay anything for it. :razz:[/QUOTE]

I'm *really* hoping for 29.99. Oh, and that it *IS* Arkham City and not Arkham Asylum...never know with Amazon... :roll:

[quote name='defpally']$30 or below and I'm all over this. $35 and I will consider it long and hard. It's my favorite game of last year, and I've held out on the dlc up until now, but I do want it.[/QUOTE]
You may not have long and hard as this might be sold out rather quickly

AC:GOTY would need to be $20 or less for me to bite. I remember AA:GOTY was $10 at BB w/ coupon in November (I believe). I got it at that time, prior to that I had borrowed the regular edition from a friend.

My money is on this being Arkham Asylum GOTY for 10-12 bucks. I seriously doubt it will be Arkham City GOTY, since that just came out. If it is AC, then it won't be less than $34.99.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']My money is on this being Arkham Asylum GOTY for 10-12 bucks. I seriously doubt it will be Arkham City GOTY, since that just came out. If it is AC, then it won't be less than $34.99.[/QUOTE]

Don't know how accurate this is, but according to Chrome add-on, it's Arkham City, but only $10 off (39.99). I'm passing if this proves correct.

bread's done
Back