[Amazon UK] Avengers Assembeled Blu-Ray (6 discs; region free) - ~$60 shipped

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)

Avengers%20Box%20Art%2001.jpg

I know the 10 disc set is up on Amazon US, and will probably have some really cool case, but this set is for those that don't care about the case and would like to save $100+ or so.

Includes Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and The Avengers (titled "Avengers Assemble" in the UK). 2D versions only, no 3D versions.

Special features:

Special Features:
Iron Man:

Hall Of Armour
The Invincible Iron Man: Origins / Friends & Foes / The Definitive Iron Man / Demon In A Bottle / Extremis And Beyond / Ultimate Iron Man
Deleted/Extended Scenes
Bd Live: Iron Man Iq

Iron Man 2:

Commentary by Jon Favreau
S.H.I.E.L.D.Data Vault

The Hulk

Alternate Opening
The Making of Incredible
Becoming the Hulk
Becoming the Abomination
Anatomy of a Hulk-Out
From Comic Book to Screen
Deleted Scenes
Feature Commentary with Director Louis Leterrier and Tim Roth

Captain America:

Commentary by Director Joe Johnston, Director of Photography Shelly Johnson and Editor Jeffrey Ford
Marvel One-Shot: A funny thing happened on the way to Thor's Hammer
Featurettes: Outfitting a hero, Howling Commandos, Heightened technology, The transformation, Behind the skull, Captain America's origin, The assembly begins
Deleted scenes
Theatrical trailers
Sega game trailer
The Avengers animated trailer

The Avengers

Deleted Scenes
Gag Reel
Marvel One-Shot: item 47
A Visual Journey

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's just $8 a movie, including The Avengers!

Tempting...

But I like the limited edition SHIELD brief case (has it be confirmed yet?) from the US though... plus the US has the 3D versions (I just got myself a 3D TV for Christmas).

[quote name='basis']are these region locked?[/QUOTE]

if only that information was listed somewhere.. man, where would it be if it were listed.. hmm :)

This is a great deal, but I'm also interested in picking up the 3D versions of the films, so I may have to go with the more expensive option for this one.

[quote name='Scorch']if only that information was listed somewhere.. man, where would it be if it were listed.. hmm :)[/QUOTE]

Speculation says that since they are Disney, it should be region free.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Speculation says that since they are Disney, it should be region free.[/QUOTE]

Or you can just read the title of the thread that specifically says region free in it and not worry about speculation.

[quote name='dmdragon']Or you can just read the title of the thread that specifically says region free in it and not worry about speculation.[/QUOTE]

Yes because thread titles from CAG are considered definitive facts? I'm positive this is region free, but please don't try and lecture someone when apparently your only basis for believing it is the title of the thread, that's just stupid.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes because thread titles from CAG are considered definitive facts? I'm sure this is region free, but please don't try and lecture someone when your only basis for believing it is the title of the thread, that's just silly.[/QUOTE]
The product listing on Amazon UK itself says it's region free, which is most likely where the op got the info from.

Might not be definitive fact but it's not like the op just made up info.

[quote name='DarkZion']The product listing on Amazon UK itself says it's region free, which is most likely where the op got the info from.

Might not be definitive fact but it's not like the op just made up info.[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm aware, and I'm positive it is. I'm not doubting the op, I'm just pointing out that it's silly to be condescending to someone for no damn reason and then use the title of a thread as the basis for that condescension. It's stupid.. Now if he responded and said something more along what you wrote, or perhaps pointed out that all the individual releases from the UK are region free then I wouldn't have said anything. Saying "durrr if the title says it then it must be true durrr" adds absolutely zero, and was a completely unnecessary response to sassylaurie.

I preordered. Hopefully I remember I preordered it on Amazon UK when September comes. I have a really nice 2011 Samsung 3D LED TV, so I'd like to buy the 3D blu-rays. I might end up cancelling this Amazon UK order. But $8 a film is too good to pass up.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes I'm aware, and I'm positive it is. I'm not doubting the op, I'm just pointing out that it's silly to be condescending to someone for no damn reason and then use the title of a thread as the basis for that condescension. It's stupid.. Now if he responded and said something more along what you wrote, or perhaps pointed out that all the individual releases from the UK are region free then I wouldn't have said anything. Saying "durrr if the title says it then it must be true durrr" adds absolutely zero, and was a completely unnecessary response to sassylaurie.[/QUOTE]

People are condescending on the internet. That's how the internet works. People are anonymous and say whatever shit they want. Can we please use this thread to discuss the deal instead of bickering back and forth?

Damn... I don't have 3D, and I could care less about the suitcase... I am probably going to be in for this.

So the US is NOT getting this set??? Wonder why? Looks like there'd be a market from people that don't want all the bells and whistles, just the movies...

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Damn... I don't have 3D, and I could care less about the suitcase... I am probably going to be in for this.

So the US is NOT getting this set??? Wonder why? Looks like there'd be a market from people that don't want all the bells and whistles, just the movies...[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one. I'd like to see a US release along this line. Maybe in an Alien Anthology type of book, but that's wishful thinking.

Both this set and the 10 disc set are disappointing to me as they lack the extra discs fro IM 1 and 2. Those discs have a ton of extras on them and I don't see why they should be omitted from these ultimate collection sets.

Here's what's missing (source: highdef digest reviews):

IM:

• Documentary: "I Am Iron Man" (HD, 111 minutes)
  • Featurette: "Wired: The Visual Effects of Iron Man" (HD, 27 minutes)
  • Rehearsal Footage (HD, 11 minutes)
  • Still Gallery (HD, 5 minutes)
  • Theatrical Trailers (HD)
IM2:

• Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of 'Iron Man 2' (HD, 1 hour 27 minutes 8 seconds)
  • Featurettes (HD, 30:31)
  • Deleted Scenes (HD, 16:50)
  • Concept Art Galleries
  • Theatrical Trailers (HD, 6:22)
  • Other Marvel Trailers (HD, 5:33)
  • "Shoot to Thrill" AC/DC Music Video (HD, 5:37)

Still up in the air with this. The way blu's have been on sale over the past year, I am picturing a huge Avengers release sale where all of these separate movies are on sale in their respective 2-3 disc combo packs for $10 or less. Perhaps there will be a promotion where "with the purchase of The Avengers" or "with the purchase of any 2", but I am thinking I will hold off for that reason.

where is the 10 disc set of Avengers Assembeled i can't find it on amazon

edit find it

Pretty much perfect for me. I enjoyed The Avengers but have never seen Thor, Incredible Hulk, or Captain America. Six flicks for $8 a pop with no extra crap (DVDs, 3D) is an excellent buy for me. I wouldn't mind the 10-disc set, but with no use for 3D I don't think it will ever be cheap enough for me to bother.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes I'm aware, and I'm positive it is. I'm not doubting the op, I'm just pointing out that it's silly to be condescending to someone for no damn reason and then use the title of a thread as the basis for that condescension.[/QUOTE]

It's not just the title of the thread though, if he would've bothered clicking the link to read the product description, it says region free in the heading of the webpage, the big, bold product description, and under region listing in the description, it says all regions.

It's hard for me to help someone that so clearly didn't even put forth the most miniscule of efforts to find the answer for themselves.

Still up in the air with this. The way blu's have been on sale over the past year, I am picturing a huge Avengers release sale where all of these separate movies are on sale in their respective 2-3 disc combo packs for $10 or less. Perhaps there will be a promotion where "with the purchase of The Avengers" or "with the purchase of any 2", but I am thinking I will hold off for that reason.

Keep in mind that Disney owns Marvel now. When's the last time you saw Disney do anything on Blu for $10 or less? I could see $15 for disc-only blu versions of the movies, but this is the #3 top grossing movie of all time - they're going to milk as much out of it as they can.

I think $50 for six movies, especially these six movies, is an incredible deal, and I'm glad that some of you are getting in on this deal.

So the US is NOT getting this set??? Wonder why? Looks like there'd be a market from people that don't want all the bells and whistles, just the movies...

We're still in the middle of the massive push for consumers to adopt 3D. I don't think it's as bad in the UK as it is here.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Both this set and the 10 disc set are disappointing to me as they lack the extra discs fro IM 1 and 2. Those discs have a ton of extras on them and I don't see why they should be omitted from these ultimate collection sets.

Here's what's missing (source: highdef digest reviews):

IM:

• Documentary: "I Am Iron Man" (HD, 111 minutes)
  • Featurette: "Wired: The Visual Effects of Iron Man" (HD, 27 minutes)
  • Rehearsal Footage (HD, 11 minutes)
  • Still Gallery (HD, 5 minutes)
  • Theatrical Trailers (HD)
IM2:

• Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of 'Iron Man 2' (HD, 1 hour 27 minutes 8 seconds)
  • Featurettes (HD, 30:31)
  • Deleted Scenes (HD, 16:50)
  • Concept Art Galleries
  • Theatrical Trailers (HD, 6:22)
  • Other Marvel Trailers (HD, 5:33)
  • "Shoot to Thrill" AC/DC Music Video (HD, 5:37)
[/QUOTE]

They have to save (ransom) something for the IM trilogy box set to give people a faint reason to double dip after IM3.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']So is the European version of Avengers called Avengers Assemble?[/QUOTE]

This is the second time someone has asked a question that is answered in the OP.

[quote name='nixmahn']They have to save (ransom) something for the IM trilogy box set to give people a faint reason to double dip after IM3.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're right. I'm willing to bet all of my superhero blu-rays that you are correct.

Here's what appears to be the final artwork for the set. It looks quite nice imo, except perhaps the generic disc art. I still wish they inclded the bonus disc for IM 1 and 2 though

Avengers%20Box%20Art%2001.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to OP for the link for this. Got ours yesterday from Amazon UK, and it is FANTASTIC! Love love love this movie, and it was kinda fun to think we were watching the Blu-Ray a few days "early". ;)

if i wouldn't have gotten a free avengers from amazon, this would be interesting. I want bonus discs since i have seen each of the movies several times.

Like ssj said the generic discs are pretty gay or lame...which ever word you would choose to use

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It tells me the total is $47.39 inc shipping. Great deal for it.[/QUOTE]
You are looking at a different currecy dude. It is in pounds which is one british pound to 1.6248 US dollars.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']You are looking at a different currecy dude. It is in pounds which is one british pound to 1.6248 US dollars.[/QUOTE]

No. I was looking at US currency.

Items: GBP 24.98
Postage & Packing: GBP 3.08
Total before VAT: GBP 28.06
VAT: GBP 0.00
Order Total: GBP 28.06
(Payment Total: USD 47.39**)

Like I said under $50 for it....

I think I see the problem. I believe you're looking at the DVD set, and not the Blu-ray.

The DVD set is exactly the price you cited:

tems:GBP 24.98
Postage & Packing:GBP 3.08
Total before VAT:GBP 28.06
VAT:GBP 0.00
Order Total: GBP 28.06
(Payment Total: USD 47.39**)

Blu-ray price:

Items:GBP 33.31
Postage & Packing:GBP 3.08
Total before VAT:GBP 36.39
VAT:GBP 0.00
Order Total: GBP 36.39
(Payment Total: USD 61.45**)

Ah yes that is it. With generic discs and similar packing it was hard for me to tell the difference. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Just got mine today. It's a nice set. The discs look like the ones from the normal versions. The only blue one is the Avengers and it is kinda generic but I don't know it's sexual preference nor whether it's disabled .

[quote name='pacifickarma']I haven't received mine out here on the West Coast... For those who have received theirs, are any of you on the West Coast?[/QUOTE]

Im in the midwest, still nothing. The wait is killing me, I hate when I have a package without a tracking number.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ah yes that is it. With generic discs and similar packing it was hard for me to tell the difference. Sorry for the confusion everyone.[/QUOTE]

Did you order this? I'm assuming that the DVDs would need a region free player as they would be PAL. The Blu-ray version would be region ABC though and play everywhere.

Got mine today, Case looks pretty good, I wish the slip cover would slide up and down than side to side and its kinda loose. It looks like they just took the discs from the other releases, they dont really match at all. The movie plays fine though and thats all I really cared about.

bread's done
Back