Photo
- - - - -

Kirby 20th Anniversary Special Collection (Wii)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Famitsu revealed that Kirby 20th Anniversary Special Collection for Wii will include 6 classic Kirby titles, and there will be a new element Motto Challenge Stage, in which you challenge the high score by using specific copy abilities from Kirby, there will be over 10 stages in this mode. The 6 classic titles include:

Kirby's Dream Land (GB)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB)
Kirby's Adventure (FC/NES)
Kirby Super Star (SFC/SNES)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SFC/SNES)
Kirby 64 (N64)

I missed out Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby N64. Hope MSRP $19.99 or $29.99 :)
"Evil is Funs"

#2 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

Would definitely love this. I've only played through Kirby's Adventure and Super Star. Have always wanted Dream Land 3.

#3 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Glad I didn't use my club Nintendo coins on Kirby's Super Star yet.

#4 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Glad I didn't use my club Nintendo coins on Kirby's Super Star yet.

Same here, I was waiting to see if the collection was going to be worth buying. Looks like it is so I'll use my points on something else.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Mass Effect 3, Super Mario World, FIFA 13

#5 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

I was really hoping for the SNES version of Kirby's Star Stacker that was released only in Japan! :(

Where's Kirby's Blockball, Kirby's Pinball Land, or at the Gameboy version of Kirby's Star Stacker. Nintedo could have fit those three Gameboy games on there?

I might still get this, banking that the other games are hidden unlockables. Any release date yet? Perhaps, this fall or winter.

#6 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

I was really hoping for the SNES version of Kirby's Star Stacker that was released only in Japan! :(

Where's Kirby's Blockball, Kirby's Pinball Land, or at the Gameboy version of Kirby's Star Stacker. Nintedo could have fit those three Gameboy games on there?

I might still get this, banking that the other games are hidden unlockables. Any release date yet? Perhaps, this fall or winter.

My guess is partly because those are lesser known titles and they probably wouldn't get that much more sales with those 3 games plastered on the box. Also, don't count on there being any hidden unlockables(the Mario one didn't, after all). If this is indeed the list, it's a great collection as-is and I'll certainly be picking it up.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#7 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

My guess is partly because those are lesser known titles and they probably wouldn't get that much more sales with those 3 games plastered on the box. Also, don't count on there being any hidden unlockables(the Mario one didn't, after all). If this is indeed the list, it's a great collection as-is and I'll certainly be picking it up.

Don't get me wrong, this is a decent to good collection of Kirby games. They could have fit more on the disc.

I looked on the 3DS virtual console via wikipedia and Kirby's Blockball is on there. I'm guessing Nintendo still wants you to buy the Gameboy games on the 3DS virtual console.

So it is understandable if Kirby's Pinball Land and the Gameboy version of Kirby's Star Stacker aren't available on this disc collection.

I'll just hope for the SNES version of Kirby's Star Stacker to appear as an import on the Virtual Console. You know I forgot about Kirby's Avalanche, Kirby's Tilt 'n Tumble, and Kirby's Dream Course.

Yeah, I'll be happy since we're getting Kirby's Dreamland 3. Been wanting to play that one for a long time, but was banking on a GBA or DS remake long ago.

I'll pre-order this collection if I can get some awesome bonus like a Kirby plush or figurine.

#8 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

I'm bugging, slightly, that I already have Kirby's Dreamland 1 on my 3ds, and 3, 64, and super star on my wii, but will still buy this for the extras, and the other games.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#9 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

ooohhhh...I'll be buying this. Any official release date?

#10 PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster

Sacrilicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

I already picked up Super Star from Club Nintendo and this collection doesn't include Dream Course, the 2nd best Kirby game. I guess I'll pass.

Edited by PenguinMaster, 15 June 2012 - 03:57 PM.

Digital distribution is the death of the preservation of the arts.

Game Collection: http://backloggery.c...r=penguinmaster
Blu-ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...action=overview

#11 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Let's hope this isn't another SMB Wii Collection fun where no one can find it if they don't pre-order it.

#12 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

I already picked up Super Star from Club Nintendo and this collection doesn't include Dream Course, the 2nd best Kirby game. I guess I'll pass.

Yeah, kinda have to agree with the no Kirby Dream Course. Would it really have been that hard to include Dream Course and Star Stacker? What about the game boy games Pinball Land and Block Ball. Kind of a bummer.

#13 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Let's hope this isn't another SMB Wii Collection fun where no one can find it if they don't pre-order it.

I agree! I'd rather give my money to Nintendo for a Wii Collection rather than to Nintendo and someone trying to sell the game at an inflated price. If it does happen, then I'll go the Virtual Console route or look for my old Gameboy/N64/NES copies.

#14 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'll pick this up. I've still for the SMB one sealed on my shelf.

#15 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

Ditto, love me some kirby
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#16 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Heyyy! Sweet. I'll buy this for sure.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#17 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

I'm down although I already have Kirby's Adventure and Superstar Saga on VC. Oh well, here's hoping for some neat extras.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#18 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Wants to hug Kirby Collection.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#19 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Yeah, kinda have to agree with the no Kirby Dream Course. Would it really have been that hard to include Dream Course and Star Stacker? What about the game boy games Pinball Land and Block Ball. Kind of a bummer.

God, I love Dream Course. It was the only game I could ever get my grandmother to play with me, and every time I go home she's got it warmed up and ready to go.

I'll probably pick this up out of principle, but they really missed a few solid titles here.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#20 sack man 64

sack man 64

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

At least this is a bit more feature packed than the Mario Rom dump version, looking forward to it!

#21 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Mario Rom dump

I know this is pejorative (and I'm sure I've used it myself this way), but the more it's used, the hotter it gets. Like nasty, dirty hot.

Awww, girl, you gonna make me dump this kirby ROM sooooo good.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Will we have 5 long ass threads about this game full of people raging at each other over if the game is going to be rare or not, like we did with the Mario game? I hope so, that was entertaining.

#23 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I definitely want this for Dream Land 3 and 64. I hope they throw in some physical goodies like artbook/OST.

It's too bad Metroid didn't get something similar (Zelda didn't either but at least there is a Zelda collection on the GC).

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#24 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Will we have 5 long ass threads about this game full of people raging at each other over if the game is going to be rare or not, like we did with the Mario game?

I wouldn't know, I do not involve myself in ass threads.

However, if you're looking for ass play, GGT is here.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

Will we have 5 long ass threads about this game full of people raging at each other over if the game is going to be rare or not, like we did with the Mario game? I hope so, that was entertaining.

DRCLAW CONFIRMED FOR KIRBY HOARDING, WHAT AN ASS

You gonna buy a boat with all that Kirby kush? Maybe TWO boats?

Or maybe what's in the MYSTERY BOX?

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#26 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

For what it's worth, Gamestop.com now has a listing for it and it's showing a price of $49.99. I guess with added content comes added cost.

#27 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

For what it's worth, Gamestop.com now has a listing for it and it's showing a price of $49.99. I guess with added content comes added cost.

Hopefullly that's a place holder price... I really wouldn't pay more than $30 for this, honestly.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#28 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Looks like $39.99 will be the MSRP. Or at least you can pre-order at that price at GameStop, Target, and goHastings. It's $49.99 at Best Buy though. No listing at Amazon yet either.

#29 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

The game comes out in roughly a month so I'm surprised as to why Amazon doesn't have it listed yet.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#30 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

The game comes out in roughly a month so I'm surprised as to why Amazon doesn't have it listed yet.

I'm anxiously waiting too, even though I know msrp is going to be $50 =(.