Photo
- - - - -

Kirby 20th Anniversary Special Collection (Wii)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#31 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

Gamestop is the only place I've seen it available for preorder. And it's $39.99.

#32 kijib

kijib

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm a big Nintendo fan, but I still have trouble paying so much for a rom collection on a disk

#33 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

I'm a big Nintendo fan, but I still have trouble paying so much for a rom collection on a disk

Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition

Kirby's Dream Land (3DS, $3.99)
Kirby's Adventure (Wii, 500 points;3DS 3D Classics version is also available for $6.99)
Kirby’s Dream Land 2 (not available for purchase?)
Kirby Super Star (Wii, 800 points; Kirby SuperStar Ultra DS remake is also available)
Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (Wii, 800 points)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Wii, 1000 points)

So take the dollar equivalent of the Wii download games and it'll cost $35. Adventure Land 2 isn't available but let's say that it would have cost $3.99 like Dream Land for the 3DS and the retail cost would add up to $39.The collection also includes brand new challenge stages, the 20th anniverfsay soundtrack with 45 tracks, an interactive timeline and a 48 page booklet. Another plus for some is having all the content on disc instead of digital content.

#34 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Posted Image

I'm really looking forward to it. I have always loved Kirby and I can't wait to play some Kirby games I've never played before. :bouncy:
Posted Image

#35 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Heck yea, loving the look of it. I'm all in.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#36 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Posted Image

I'm really looking forward to it. I have always loved Kirby and I can't wait to play some Kirby games I've never played before. :bouncy:

Love the look of this too. I was a bit on the fence, but now I'm in for it.

#37 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Really looking forward to this game, though I hope its stocked well enough to warrant a sale in the future (25-30 bucks would be a sweetspot for me), or at least offer a reprint if it goes quickly.

#38 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

If past experience is worth anything, depending on demand there may/may not be a reprint. Nintendo LE's tend to have a limtied print run. I remember missing out on the Mario anniversary and luckily they did a reprint of that so I grabbed a couple, not chancing it with Kirby.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#39 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image

Must resist...must resist...wallet dying...must resist! Game, mini soundtrack, mini art book?! Argh...curse you debts!

(Still got about a month so I might actually be able to afford this one. Just need to figure out where to get money for Last Story.)

#40 shadow007

shadow007

映画 | | Vivre Sa Vie | | 映画

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Kirby is my favorite Nintendo character! Day One for me!

yo trolleo con la gente que es mala, no con la gente que es buena, usted es buena persona.

#41 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

If past experience is worth anything, depending on demand there may/may not be a reprint. Nintendo LE's tend to have a limtied print run. I remember missing out on the Mario anniversary and luckily they did a reprint of that so I grabbed a couple, not chancing it with Kirby.

Good point, though Kirby isn't as appealing to the masses as Mario is (at least in the US, I know it's very popular in Japan), that may play a bit into its availability long term. I know that the MPT release was limited too, but that hit clearance cycles eventually, so you never know.

#42 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

I know that the MPT release was limited too, but that hit clearance cycles eventually, so you never know.

Aye, but now it's difficult to find unless you go to high cost reseller channels.

I'll be picking up a copy of Kirby at launch to avoid the Mario Collection fiasco.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#43 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

I got 2 copies of SMB25 and MPT, so...:p

doubt I'll get 2 here.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#44 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

I'll grab 3 copies to offset you Broly, they'll make good Christmas gifts :)
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#45 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, there's not a chance in hell I'm making the same mistake I did with Mario collection and wait for a sale. Thankfully a month ago I found someone on Ebay selling it used but in like new condition for $30. That's a pretty good deal considering what it goes for.

#46 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

I can't wait to pick this up. I should pre-order this soon though.

I need a new signature.

#47 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:54 AM

I wish Amazon would put a listing up.

#48 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Now this is how your supposed to do a collection, actually looks thought out unlike that garbage Mario collection that took 30 mins to make.

#49 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

I wish Amazon would put a listing up.

I'm surprised they don't have it listed yet.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#50 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Kirby's Nintendo website has a fun little video celebrating his 20th anniversary.

http://kirby.nintendo.com/
Posted Image

#51 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Now available for pre-order at Amazon:

*Removing b0rked link, look down two posts for a new one.

Edited by Sway, 22 August 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#52 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Now available for pre-order at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co....5664373&sr=1-5

Link does not work for me, and, I can't seem to find it searching. Maybe they yanked it?

#53 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Link does not work for me, and, I can't seem to find it searching. Maybe they yanked it?

Does this work?

http://www.amazon.co...5666163&sr=1-33

#54 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

That link works, but I wonder why it took Amazon took so long to put it up and why it doesn't show up in searches.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#55 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Game comes out a week after my birthday, Amazon BETTER have a pre-order page up...

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#56 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Showed up in my goldbox for $38 so I bit. I would have felt $30 would be more appropriate though, book+cd and all, since kirby is just not as popular as mario or zelda.

edit: placed a 2nd gold box order (didn't know they let you do that), just in case this turns out to be rarez or amazon adds a gc later, so I can open one to play.

#57 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Not directly related to the game but I found this really charming:
Posted Image

Are you a bubblegum blowing champion? Join Kirby at #PAX & help w/ our Guinness World Records attempt on 9/1 #Kirby20 http://twitpic.com/apb007

#58 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

^That's pretty neat. I'd be happy if a print-out of that a was pre-order bonus at Gamestop. Already pre-ordered there since I'm not going to take a chance this time around.

I once saw Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition at Target when Nintendo did the reprint and still didn't pick up a copy. Now I see the game going for about $65 on Amazon.

#59 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Why is Nintendo of America bucking the trend of releasing angry eyed Kirby covers with this one?

Batsugunner.png

#60 rocky435

rocky435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Wow Nintendo really did a amazing job with the Kirby collection. Hopefully someone takes note of this on the corporate level if they decide to make any more compilations this is a great standard to go off of.

http://www.nintendow....com/blog/31577

Look at the disc art! That's just packed to the brim with awesome Kirby artwork. Too bad bubble gum is not included :cry:.

The first game I'm booting up is Kirby's Dreamland since that was my first Kirby game. Then Return to Dreamland 3 since I've heard some good things about it and I never played it since back in 1996 I had moved on to the PS 1.