Photo
- - - - -

Kirby 20th Anniversary Special Collection (Wii)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

What the hell? No angry eye Kirby? It's a nobuy for us Americans.

Batsugunner.png

#62 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm torn on whether or not to get this. The only Kirby I've not played in this collection is Dream Land 2, and I've already bought Adventure, Super Star, Dream Land 3, and 64 via Virtual Console. However, I'm a fan of the franchise. Wonder if it would be worth it for the book and CD (and Dream Land 2) alone.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#63 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Wow Nintendo really did a amazing job with the Kirby collection. Hopefully someone takes note of this on the corporate level if they decide to make any more compilations this is a great standard to go off of.

http://www.nintendow....com/blog/31577

Look at the disc art! That's just packed to the brim with awesome Kirby artwork. Too bad bubble gum is not included :cry:.

The first game I'm booting up is Kirby's Dreamland since that was my first Kirby game. Then Return to Dreamland 3 since I've heard some good things about it and I never played it since back in 1996 I had moved on to the PS 1.

Ok, I just went from 'wait and see' to really wanting it now. I could care less if a game or two that should be included is absent, the quality of physical content is reason enough to buy it at full price. Nintendo really stepped up for Kirby, thanks to Japan's interest in the little pink guy.

#64 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Nintendo really stepped up for Kirby, thanks to Japan's interest in the little pink guy.

Iwata also created him, or at least created the series, so him being NoJ president probably helps.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#65 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

One thing I noted by looking at the packaging and checking on Best Buy's website (not even on ESRB.org), it's rated E+10 for animated blood. Which Kirby had that, or is it included in one of the challenges?

Not that I would mind a bloody Kirby and friends, just curious really.

#66 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

Iwata also created him, or at least created the series, so him being NoJ president probably helps.

Sakurai created Kirby

#67 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

US commercial:

#68 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

I miss the "Wii would like to play" commercials
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#69 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Sakurai created Kirby

Geez, I feel stupid. My bad everyone!

I knew Iwata had something to do with and ended up finding this nice article about it.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#70 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

US commercial:

That reminded me of the Nintendo advertising of the 90's, cheesy yet entertaining.

I wonder with all the pushing they are doing in terms of marketing if this collection is going to be truly limited like the 25th Anniversary Super Mario All Stars collection , or 'limited' like the Skyward Sword w/ soundtrack CD (which of course is quite easy to find).

With this much exposure they would be shooting themselves in the foot if it sold out before Christmas, so hopefully the print run is plentiful enough to be available in retail for some time to come. I don't remember quite the same level of advertising for MPT or the SMAS collection.

#71 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

Got an email confirming my amazon order shipped.

#72 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

The celebration book is a treat to look at, especially for someone who isn't well versed in Kirby. The package is just the game and book inside a cardboard box. It's too late for me, but is there any way to not crease the flap of the lid when you open the box? It didn't bother me at first but now it is. I guess I should have opened it from the bottom instead.

#73 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

I open my boxes like the Kirby one with a butter knife.

#74 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Why would you put this in a bubble wrap..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#75 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

I bought this for my 2 sons today and they absolutely love it. I had never played a kirby game before the wii games and I am addicted after playing dreamland 1 and the nes kirby.

#76 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Got my copy yesterday. It is amazing what Nintendo did with "minimal" effort. If they gave Mario, Link, and Samus this treatment imagine how great it could've been.

I need a new signature.

#77 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Was able to PM mine at Best Buy with Fry's deal. They had it in a huge plastic security box, so thankfully there were no stickers or dings to worry about.

Super satisfied with the thing. Excited to sit down and play through these again.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#78 Melatonin

Melatonin

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Got mine in the mail today. I usually throw away the little paper boxes that these collections come in (I did for Super Mario All-Stars and the plastic slip case for Metroid Prime Trilogy) but I kind of want to keep this one to keep the booklet in it...but now it's inconsistent with my other Nintendo collections :(

stupid OCD...I guess I should've just kept the other boxes in the first place...
Posted Image

#79 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm really salivating over this one. Kirby has never gotten as much mainstream love as some of Nintendo's more popular franchises, but it's always featured some of my favorite games. I'm going to be passing by the local ToysRUs this afternoon. I'm tempted to take advantage of the deal they have going there and picking it up.

#80 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Got mine in the mail today. I usually throw away the little paper boxes that these collections come in (I did for Super Mario All-Stars and the plastic slip case for Metroid Prime Trilogy) but I kind of want to keep this one to keep the booklet in it...but now it's inconsistent with my other Nintendo collections :(

stupid OCD...I guess I should've just kept the other boxes in the first place...

Why would you throw away part of the inteneded packaging?

#81 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

Agreed. That post made me cringe. :-l

#82 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

I had to stab myself with a pen to take away the pain.

Posted Image

#83 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

did anyone order from gamestop.com? Did they use a box?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#84 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

Agreed. That post made me cringe. :-l

That is why us gamers who want Retro Games CIB cant have them for a good price cause people like him throw away the cardbox box the minute they get it.

#85 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

I think my balls just un-dropped.

#86 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

That is why us gamers who want Retro Games CIB cant have them for a good price cause people like him throw away the cardbox box the minute they get it.

Do you know how my times I want to choke my 5 year old self for doing that back in the day.

I need a new signature.

#87 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

Do you know how my times I want to choke my 5 year old self for doing that back in the day.

Same Here.

#88 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

Same here, all those poor NES games stripped down to just their black slips (wait, that didn't sound right...).

Anyways, I PMed two copies at Best Buy for the $29.96 price, one to definitely keep, one to either sell if it does happen to get rare over time, or to gift out eventually if it doesn't.

#89 Melatonin

Melatonin

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

I just thought it was kind of annoying to have a box inside a box...I mean the games are in cases already, why do we need to cover them in extra paper and plastic?
Posted Image

#90 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

I just thought it was kind of annoying to have a box inside a box...I mean the games are in cases already, why do we need to cover them in extra paper and plastic?

What is this...........I don't even..........

Its part of the CE packaging, if not just to look nice, you could always just have put an empty dvd case in there and leave the game out.

Edited by maigoyume, 20 September 2012 - 04:37 PM.
wrong word

Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler